Pineapple Kush - Perpetual - 1000w

Congratulations on keeping the yellowing at bay with General Hydroponics nutes.
Let's hope it keeps up.

I've been looking at yellow since week 4 of flower and ... just ... don't ... like ... it. :(
Yea week 4 has always been yellowing for me too. Usually around now it starts to go neon green on me. Not this time so far. Im Not going to cut grow until week 6. This week I'll really notice the difference.

Here is an update on my Northern Light X Big Bud Autoflower. She is now 1 month old since I put the seed in a wet paper towel. So many bud sites... 10 so far. Nothing done to her. I just feed her. I like these autos and Hempy. Thanks for all the help Stumped. You and Peyton have been more help than you know. It sure is good to have so many people on 420 that like to help first time growers with everything from how to germinate, how to clone, how to grow, what kind of lights help and help us to identify bugs and other pests and problems growing this wonderful medicine. Thanks!

1_month_old_NLXBB_Auto.JPG

:geek:
WJ

Holy shit Jim, that's grown a lot since last picture. Any sighn of pre flowers yet? Nice and dark green, she looks healthy.
I can't tell u got the mars 700 on her yet? Also are u going to LST? Now is time to start. Not sure how to train autos. Or if you should defoliate or not. I'd start with pulling the highest branch or branches over to a side.

I don't mind helping what so ever, easier to help people willing to learn. you taught me too, my strawberries are doing wonderful btw. I can't wait to see this fast and vast I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Your really gonna like bbx NL. I finally got some big bud seeds, and I can't wait to flower them. 3-4 months before I'll have clones ready to do a grow.
I was doing some reading late last night. And I found out that statisticly the purple strains are lower THC and higher cbd. I never knew this.

Cheers bro! Rick Simpson is being recognized here in Canada finally. There was something on the local news about him last week. Some new clinic he's part of here in nova Scotia. Might not be ran by him he's quite old. But ideally by him and his treatments. I'll try to find more info or a DVR or the local new segment.

I have read that autos get stunted in growth if you try to train. I am just moving fan leaves to give bud sites access to the light. She smells a bunch.

I had never heard that of purple strains. My Red Poison sure isn't low in THC. I chopped before trichs were high % of amber to keep CBDs low. I don't know if it worked. She isn't couch lock stuff. I think my next order will be some Red Poison just because I like the way she looks.

Glad you got some Big Bud to grow. I can't wait to try this NL X BB and see it's effects on what ails me. Red poison is good for my Glaucoma and seizures.

That is great to hear about Rick Simpson. I am going to try to make the newer version. It's a paste. I don't know if you have seen the website ~ newcure dot org. You can make it in 1/2 oz amounts. No high heat, max water temp 185F. No dangerous fumes because no alcohol or solvents are used. Check out the site and look at the video. EASY!

WJ

I've seen the site. But I did t realize it was a different method then rso. Sounds easy.
Something else I've been looking at, the magic butter machine can make badass oil from grain alcohol. Turn the machine on, walk away for 3-4 hours, come back and u got oil. Can do small batches and everything.
I've been saving up to buy one, damn machines are expensive, but worth every penny for ease of use.

I'm not sure if the purple strain theory is true or not, from my observations of scientific data off various sites brought me to this conclusion. I'd love to have one of them gas spectrometer or whatever there called lol.

And I just read an interesting article.... I can't link from the site I read it. But I'll briefly rundown what I've learned.
Scenario, you got too big of a mother plant and she needs a trimming, however you don't need clones for another 1-2 months. I don't wanna just throw away cuttings to keep the mother plant small, so what do I do?

Solution! You can keep unrooted cuttings in stasis state by keeping them in the crisper of your fridge for up to 90 days! Open bag 2 times a week to let air in. Also keep bag filled with air while in fridge. Then when ready to root, remove from fridge, make fresh cut, add rooting compound and they will acthualy root faster!

I'm going to go trim 3 big branches from my mother plants today and put them in bags in the fridge. See if this works.

And I just read an interesting article.... I can't link from the site I read it. But I'll briefly rundown what I've learned.
Scenario, you got too big of a mother plant and she needs a trimming, however you don't need clones for another 1-2 months. I don't wanna just throw away cuttings to keep the mother plant small, so what do I do?

Solution! You can keep unrooted cuttings in stasis state by keeping them in the crisper of your fridge for up to 90 days! Open bag 2 times a week to let air in. Also keep bag filled with air while in fridge. Then when ready to root, remove from fridge, make fresh cut, add rooting compound and they will acthualy root faster!

I'm going to go trim 3 big branches from my mother plants today and put them in bags in the fridge. See if this works.

That sounds good. If I can remember, I might try it with some tomato cuttings Saturday. I have some petty large suckers to cut. I was waiting til this weekend to cut them. Normally I use suckers for clones, but I usually do that around October. I just throw away the suckers during the summer.

WJ

Last night before lights out in veg, I cut some large branches and put them in 2 different containers. One being a sandwich bag, sealed no water. Second was a ziplock storage container. Again no water added.
1 week from today I'll take a branch and try to make 3-6 clones, then I'll do the same for another 3-8 weeks. I cut 8 or so branches so I should have more then enough to test this fully.
Stay tuned!

Awesome. Can't wait to see the results.

Me too, if this works, like so many say it does. Its going to change the way I time everything. Breeders do this to preserve strains during evaluation. So they don't need to keep mothers alive and taking up power and space. Strain turns out not so good, they can just toss the fridge cuttings and not waste 1-3 months keeping a shitty mother plant alive, until evaluating is finished.(dry + cure time)
They also use it to time crops better. My mother plant obviously grows faster then I can produce. This helps slow it down in a way, with less throw away clones. I may still get over run with clones. But this way I got a possible 3 month window to pause mother plants.

Wonder what would happen if I chopped a whole plant down and put it in fridge would work? Gonna try that next if this works.

One can do something TheCapn suggested: forget about mothers.
Take your clones off a plant right before 12/12.

If you like the mother plant at harvest, clone the clones before they go into 12/12 - repeat.
If at any time you are tired of the girls DNA, stop taking clones.

The only real limitation is your clone/veg cycle has to be at least as long as flower cycle.
Jorge Cervantes recommends NOT cloning a plant before 8 weeks,
AND your flowering room is already full from the last flowering cycle,
so it all works out.

I flower clones of this strain at 3-4 inch. They explode to 3 feet by end of stretch. Taking a clone at flip isn't an option for this strain.
And from my understanding by doing that your genetic diluting your strain by getting deeper into generations. That's why breeders create seeds to preserve genetics .

For other strains that sounds like a good plan. I'll have to try that once the big bud gets going.

Thanks form that info bro!

I flower clones of this strain at 3-4 inch. They explode to 3 feet by end of stretch. Taking a clone at flip isn't an option for this strain.
And from my understanding by doing that your genetic diluting your strain by getting deeper into generations. That's why breeders create seeds to preserve genetics .

For other strains that sounds like a good plan. I'll have to try that once the big bud gets going.

Thanks form that info bro!

I can't follow/agree with you statement about genetic dilution. CloneA it's the same as cloneB is the same as cloneC is the same as the original seed.
There's is a chance for a genetic transcription error between clones but it it's no greater between cloneB and cloneC than between cloneA and the mother.
If you had a noticeable error in any clone, you would end it's genetic line. As long add you don't chop ALL the good plants at once, you still have a clone of the mother.

I can't follow/agree with you statement about genetic dilution. CloneA it's the same as cloneB is the same as cloneC is the same as the original seed.
There's is a chance for a genetic transcription error between clones but it it's no greater between cloneB and cloneC than between cloneA and the mother.
If you had a noticeable error in any clone, you would end it's genetic line. As long add you don't chop ALL the good plants at once, you still have a clone of the mother.

Not sure if I can quote from here or not but I'll try. I basically read all I can from Ed lol that's where I got the idea for genetic dilution. I think I'm using my own terms lol

If I keep cloning plants and then taking clones from clones, will the clones remain potent, or is there a slide in potency? Can you clone a plant only so many times before it becomes weak?
Suxen,
Address Unknown
Clones and clones from clones retain their potency. Single lines have been reproduced asexually by cloning for more than 20 years with no loss of potency or odor/taste.
Yet the question of genetic drift over many generations is not unreasonable. Mutations occur on a regular basis in asexual as well as sexual reproduction. Genetic researcher Barbara McClintock has discovered that genes jump around on chromosomes, and recent studies have proved that they also jump from plant to plant. Any change in gene patterns, whether the gene is on the chromosome or has broken apart and lost or gained material, results in changes in the plant. Thus the variety can gradually shift over a period of time.
Clones propagated over many generations along separate lines will look slightly different. Perhaps the answer is to preserve the mother plant for as long as possible ? but even a single plant will exhibit some drift. Remember that during sexual reproduction mutations are more likely to occur than during the asexual reproductive process of cloning.
Viruses sometimes attack cannabis. They can affect the plants' health, growth and potency as well as affecting the genetic makeup of the plant. Once a plant is infected with a virus, it can never recover. For that reason, more than one plant of a special line should be maintained.
For all its faults, cloning plants is the best way to preserve a plant's particular characteristics with the fewest genetic changes.
Source: Potency loss from clones? | Cannabis Culture

To quote from the article posted by Stumped
"Clones and clones from clones retain their potency. Single lines have been reproduced asexually by cloning for more than 20 years with no loss of potency or odor/taste."
A well started article there, good find.

I'm trying to learn here, but ....

Any plant, at any time can come under attack.

I can't think of any science why the plant should change except chromosomes, and they just aren't a special problem with clones.

Yes but read the next line, "Yet the question of genetic drift over many generations is not unreasonable." consider the whole article.

I wouldn't even be talking about it if I didn't witness it myself with my own seeds. Clone from clone got smaller and weaker. For me at least . I've been cloning the same strain for 8 months. 5 generations in. And generation 2 vs 5 is a huge difference. Is why I'm trying to preserve my mother plant.
As for science behind it, simple horticulture supports it fully. Go ask a corn farmer or potato farmer how long they use the same generations of eyes for. They won't exhaust the same strain. And order new seeds every few years. Same with the African growers and other large pimitave growing techniques.

I'd love to get someone with scientific background to support the theory or deny either way. Seen a few documentarys and they also talked about this.

Cheers

I grow tomatoes from clones. I have noticed certain strains of tomatoes do change after a couple times. Tomatoes get smaller and plants grow differently. The changes are worse in indeterminate tomato plants. I have only tried cloning a determinate strain once and it was after the plant started blooming and it did not grow well at all and I chopped it down. Hard to believe when a clone really is a just version of the mother and genes or chromosomes shouldn't enter into it. I don't know, but I sure would like to. Tomatoes aren't like cannabis in that you need two different sex plants to get fruit from the flower to get seeds. I just use my electric toothbrush to pollinate the tomato flowers. I know it's weird but the bees are rare now. My wife says I just like to have sex with my plants and use a vibrator on them. I just want my tomatoes and I have a ton of them every year.
Cannabis is related to tomatoes. But they are different. Just like Hops and Cannabis are related. I do thing hops bud look like cannabis buds but I don't think they smoke as well. Twenty years ago I saw a cannabis plant grafted to a hops plant. I wonder if you graft a hops plant to a cannabis plant is would produce THC or other cannabinoids?

WJ

Back
Top Bottom