festus59

420 Member
Am shortly going to start my series of killing plants in a DWC 5gl bucket setup. Instructions I am reading call for a complete reservoir change out every week.Is this actually what is required?

DWC is hard work relative to some other styles of growing. You might like hempy buckets or even soil. Personally, I'm of the opinion that every one should grow in soil for at least a couple of seasons (or bloom cycles) before even thinking about going to hydro, but to each his own.

Check out jojo's hempy scrog bucket journal for a nice hempy bucket visual:
JoJo's Hempy SCROG Bucket C99 Grow Journal - 2015

Cheers
Tfum

Have grown outdoors for several years. Last two years extremely unusual amount of rain ruined one,Spider mites did in the last.

Whoops sorry Want thank you for your response Tfum. Guess my question was so silly to experienced growers other than yourself have not had any feed back. Oh well to each their own Haha

Ah your subject line made me think it was a first time kind of thing. I meant to include with my last post that, yes, you do you need to change your dwc often. 7-10 days is what I always did.

Weekly change outs depend on different things. I use a living rez and add back water and calmag during the week and do weekly changes. If you can figure out how much your plant is eating by monitoring ppm and ph swings and do the math required to figure out how much of what nutes to add back you can run it for longer. I have read growers changing the rez at 12/12 switch and for a flush at the end and thats it... 2 res changes the whole grow. My math is not that strong and changing nutes every week doesnt break the bank too much. Lol

I would recommend changing the res every 7 days in flower for sure. Roots will use up most of it in a week anyway so would need topped up regardless. i just think it keeps the res fresh and access to nutrient at all times. Ive played around with several ways of growing in DWC and i think that is the best way. Anything living in the roots will remain living as long as you dont run the res with H2O2.

Weekly change outs depend on different things. I use a living rez and add back water and calmag during the week and do weekly changes. If you can figure out how much your plant is eating by monitoring ppm and ph swings and do the math required to figure out how much of what nutes to add back you can run it for longer. I have read growers changing the rez at 12/12 switch and for a flush at the end and thats it... 2 res changes the whole grow. My math is not that strong and changing nutes every week doesnt break the bank too much. Lol

Thank you for the reply

Back
Top Bottom