Best Bud for beginner grower

BigmanBigplan

Hi All,

I am going to attempt my first grow in the next coming months. I am in the north east region of the US and I will be growing outdoors. Space is not an issue and I have some grow experience with other plants, mainly food items, however I am torn between which strain to start.

I really would like to have a haze variety as well as an extremely potent variety. One I am considering is blue cheese from Bud Buddha.

I am really asking what is the best bud to grow outdoor in the north east?

Northern lights would be a good strain, it is a very hardy plant. I would try a Sativa dominant cross for a larger yield and longer flowering time and an Indica dominant strain to give you a sooner, smaller but denser yield. That way you can try both and decide on your personal preference.

Super Lemon Haze by Greenhouse sounds great as well. I"m growing some myself for the first time because of all the great reviews people have given it!

Personally I'm a sucker for Diesels

Hey, check out barnys farm Red Cherry Berry, it is a great beginner strain, and has a real good yield. And it is way hard to kill. lol.. I burnt the shit outta a few when they were clones, and they just pop right back in shape. lol.. and it is an awesome smoke, one of my favorites for sure now.

Thanks guys,

Which diesel strain would you recommend?

Breeder: Advanced Seeds
-Black Diesel
-Haze Mist (White Widow x Haze)

Breeder: Connoisseur Genetics
-Super Sour Diesel Haze SSSDH

Breeder: DNA Genetics
-Sour Cream (Sour Diesel x G13 Haze)

Breeder: Reserva Privada
-Sour kush aka Headband (OG x Sour Diesel)
-Silver Bubba (1/4 Northern lights, 1/4 skunk, 1/2 Haze)

Breeder: Cali Connection
-OGiesel (Giesel x SFV OGK)
-Headband (Sour Diesel x SFV OGK)

I would also check out TGA subcool, he only sells Regular seeds but has some fantastic strains. He has a channel on youtube called the weednerd where he talks about some of his strains.

You'll want a mostly-indica or pure indica if you wish to grow outdoors and not have to harvest before the buds are ready due to the shorter growing season in the NE.

Save the good stuff (pure or mostly-pure sativas) for growing inside, where you can have an extended flowering period.

Or find a means of initiating flowering early by covering the plants part of the day (you'd have to be able to do that every day). That would allow you to harvest a mature sativa before late-November, December, or January (the normal flowering period for the strain).

Nothing better than a pure haze... Unless you find the 16-24 week flowering period to be inconvenient, lol.

I'd avoid autos for your first tries, they can be dissapointing to say the least. from my xperience anyway. But i personally think anything with the ruderalis strain in it, is ditch weed. My personal favorite for when I was beginning was by far the Barnys Farm- Red Cherry Berry. It's great for beginners, actaually listed as a beginner strain. I've had zero issues with every seed from barnys farm..

This has been a strange season in the north east. Just when it looked like warm weather was here to stay the colder weather came back. So with things back to normal and the short warm season i would go with a hardy indica or a fast sativa like C-99.

Good luck,
Flip

But i personally think anything with the ruderalis strain in it, is ditch weed.

Or medicinal-quality herb - since ruderalis is all CBD and .000whatever percent THC, isn't it? Thought that was why crossing a ruderalis with a sativa was a waste.

I'm not a fan, either, but it would seem to be usable as medicine for those who treat with indica (of course there's no buzz, lol, so I don't see it taking over the California dispensary market any time soon).

I think that any Sativa or Sativa dominant cross is no place at all for a beginner to start. Indica dominants are almost always easier. Less trellising, much harder to over feed or over water, (the two most common rookie mistakes), less tempermental, less chance of hermies usually, they do not stretch nearly as much when you initiate flowering as a rule, nor do they need all the super cropping techniques like topping, pinching, bending during veg to get a decent yield that most Sativas need, and they finish much quicker so there is less time for the beginner to mess up, just easier in almost every way. So Diesels are not a good strain for a beginner, nor is Super Lemon Haze, nor any O.G.s. Kush Bubba is a strain I start I lot of rookies with myself, because despite the kush in it, it is very dense, and very easy, very hardy, and has a very quick flowering time. I'd say go with the densest, least stretchy, most bug, mold, and mildew resistent strain you can find. It will probably be an Indica. Maybe Kush Bubba itself from Cali Connection. (seriously Stoned4daze 61..? You suggest Cali Connection, a very good seed company, and then recommend OGeisel and Sour Kush? (thats actually what they call their Headband), I would have to say they that those two strains, along with their Tahoe O.G. are their, by far, most difficult strains. They also happen to be their best strains and I grow them all. But they are by no means easy...)

Hi
I live in eastern Canada and I think we have the same problem. I agree that Indicas and Idicas hybrids are best because of the short grow season and the mold problem.
I would take sativas, they need too long to finish.
I grew Sativas in NE-Can. and had no luck.
All the best for your grow.

Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze
- Sativa Dom.
- Short Flowering period (9-10w)
- (Super silver haze x Lemon skunk) Haze like you wanted
- Common all around good strain and seeds are inexpensive

I would also go with an Indica like others suggested

Reserva Privada has lots of good indica dominants, the OG #18 is one of their most famous
- (Chemdawg x OG Chem)
- 9 weeks

DNA LA Confidential
- (OG LA Affie x Afghani) 100% indica
- 45-56 days

I highly suggest you check out TGA subcool, he has lots of very good strains that have very fast flowering times. For instance, my vortex is 50-55 days and Qrazy train is 45 days

My first successful grows were with Critical Sensi Star. It was almost like they did all the work for me. All I did was change my water once a week, and follow the feeding directions from Technaflora.

They were/are also great "learning" plants as they showed when something was wrong very quickly, and showed if I fixed the problem just as quickly. And even despite me and my horrible pruning and bending/tying, I was still rewarded by about 1.75 oz per plant in an aeroponic cabinet grow.

B-

Back
Top Bottom