Better Setup of the Two? Hydroponics Systems

mvpbarber

Looking for the most yield and efficiency. Small room maybe 5 x 10. Both setups using hydroponics. What do you all think is the best setup of the two?

Setup 1
Have the room split into two parts. Vegetative and Flowering. Vegetative room having mylar walls and HPS lights, configured for best vegetative state conditions--while having the flowering room half walled with black plastic and timed for 12 hours a day with filters etc.

Starting with six plants with feminized seeds maybe less considering this is hydroponics system. Once plants are ready moving them to the flowering room and immediately moving new seeds into the vegetative room. Hoping maybe a continual process is possible.

Setup 2
Two hydroponic setups. Both the SAME setup with 6 plants (maybe less, but even number of plants in each setup) adding up to possibly 12 plants total simultaneously growing. And as the plants are ready for flowering just adjusting the lighting to fit the flowering stage and i guess covering the walls with black plastic and adjusting feeding to flowering stage etc.

Once both systems' plants are done we would just restart.

What would be the most efficient, rewarding and also smart setup considering we are new to growing. Let me know if I need to add more details or anything. Any input you guys have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

Either way is good, I have my setup so I veg in a small closet, then just rotate the veg plants into the flower room. It works nice, and lets me harvest about every 2-3 weeks. I do about 8-10 plants per harvest.
But I wouldnt recommend using black plastic on the walls, either leave them white, or put up mylar or white panda plastic. Also, if your gonna use seperate lights for veg and flower, Go with MH for veg, and the HPS for flower.
for my hydro system, I use an aero/NFT system I built from plans on stinkbuddies.com I modified it a bit though so its a bit more efficient. It seems to work well, and Im thinking of running 3 of the units, so I can run a good perpetual harvest every 2 weeks. So far though, the 1 system is doing good. Ill post pics closer to harvest. But its a nice compact hydro unit that would work good for your idea of splitting the room into a veg, and flower room. Good luck, and Hope this is helpfull

Yea I would love to see your setup and harvest. Thanks for the advice. Once I get home maybe I'll post pics of the space and plan and show you what i'm thinking.

I like the first option better, though both will do. Sounds like you're on the right track.

I use Advanced Nutrients with my hydro setup and it works well - and should work easily with your setups here.

Hope you keep a journal here so that we can see which you setup and how it works for you.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom