BIC Lighters: Now Refillable

Tech8083

420 Member
Got these on eBay......do your part to reduce your carbon footprint. For everytime you refill these, know that you've helped keep another one out of our waters and landfills. Join me on my initiative to reduce plastics consumption.

Let me have it......let me know what you all think.

Word of warning those are not manufactured by Bic that way. You're counting on someone else's work to keep you safe. Just be careful is my point, lots of crummy sellers out there.

Also butane is a by-product of crude oil refinement. So long as they are refining oil to gasoline there will be butane. If the price of butane drops too low they'll stop selling it and simply burn it off instead. Not buying it doesn't make it go away. They burn millions of cubic feet of natural gas every year and that stuff is extremely useful. But it's plentiful and more difficult to transport/store so the price is lower and they don't make as much money on it.

Reducing lighter use is a nice thought but ultimately makes far less difference than illuminating your home with candles.

I've always been kind of curious if you can burn a bowl with a plasma lighter. Seems like getting the bowl to light halfway through would be problematic. No big deal if you use a wick I suppose but then it's one more thing to have to keep around to be able to smoke.

Word of warning those are not manufactured by Bic that way. You're counting on someone else's work to keep you safe. Just be careful is my point, lots of crummy sellers out there.

Also butane is a by-product of crude oil refinement. So long as they are refining oil to gasoline there will be butane. If the price of butane drops too low they'll stop selling it and simply burn it off instead. Not buying it doesn't make it go away. They burn millions of cubic feet of natural gas every year and that stuff is extremely useful. But it's plentiful and more difficult to transport/store so the price is lower and they don't make as much money on it.

Reducing lighter use is a nice thought but ultimately makes far less difference than illuminating your home with candles.

I've always been kind of curious if you can burn a bowl with one of those. Seems like getting the bowl to light halfway through would be problematic. No big deal if you use a wick I suppose but then it's one more thing to have to keep around to be able to smoke.
Question:
Long time zippo guy, but when I ran out of flints for it I always kept a few empty bics around for emergency to salvage flint from.. I know you cant replace the flint in Bic's without destroying them.. Is that why you picked up multiples ?

I saw on amazon a 4 pack of gas refillable and flint replaceable lighters by Clipper for about $10.00 CDN. They apparently use Isobutane which burns a little cleaner than regular butane.

I recently came across a Christmas gift I had stashed away given to me along with a bottle of 12 YrOld Canadian Whiskey..
A dual burner Colibre Firebird.. Now that I'm smoking Pot again, think I'll take it out of storage and start using it just for those occasions.. Its too nice to use as an every day..

Attachments

• colibre.jpg
    colibre.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 212
I saw on amazon a 4 pack of gas refillable and flint replaceable lighters by Clipper for about $10.00 CDN. They apparently use Isobutane which burns a little cleaner than regular butane.
With these bic's the footprint intensions are great, but once you extend the lighters lifetime its only for as long as the flint lasts.. By recycling old Bic's I noticed individual flints vary in size depending on production batch I guess .. Clipper is probably the way to go, or something quartz piezeo

lol, your lighter shows the worn in feel of an old friend..

Thanks. It’s funny because I used to only use disposable lighters, that thing sat in a junk drawer for YEARS. Then I did a BHO run, and bought a case of butane. Been refilling and using it faithfully since. Lol

They make these plasma lighters, probably the most pure way to light up. Zippo sells a plasma replacement for the wick

Can you burn a bowl with the plasma lighters though? Someone else mentioned them in this thread and I asked but they didn't respond.

That's the one, the electric ones. I've heard of them referred to as plasma lighters sorry for the confusion.

With that said a search for plasma lighter and bong resulted in some really cool pipes!

Here is a video.

Sure looks like it works to me. :thumb:

Got these on eBay......do your part to reduce your carbon footprint. For everytime you refill these, know that you've helped keep another one out of our waters and landfills. Join me on my initiative to reduce plastics consumption.

Let me have it......let me know what you all think.
You can fill a older bic lighter. I’ve been doing it for years now . It’s plastic, but takes the butane tip. Looks like they have upgrade the bottom with an aluminum tip maybe . But yeah I’ve been refilling

Back
Top Bottom