Biggz - Heavyweight Fast & Vast Auto - LED - Soil

Biggz123

Biggz First Grow Journal

Hello all and welcome to my very first grow and also first post on 420mag! I hope you all enjoy my journal as much as I will and stay along to watch the journey! Without further ado Ill share my setup and preparation.

Specifications

Strain: Heavyweight Fast & Vast Autoflower Feminised (More info)
Genentics: Afghani x Skunk x White Dwarf
Type: 80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Plant Stage: Day 1. Just planted seed.
Pot Size: 13 Litres
Soil Type: The soil is just from my backyard compost

Preparation & Setup

My setup consists of 1 300W LED (Around 140-160 actual watts). My Grow tent is 50x50x100cm (Small but should be enough for 1 plant), I am running a 6 inch intake fan with a 6 inch carbon filter. Pot size is a 13L pot with a water reservoir (Probably not necessary but was $1 extra so why not) I have also bought some CalMag as I have read when growing with LED's it's common to have a Calcium deficiency. This is my first ever grow so I tried to read up on as much info as I could, Any advice is very welcome! I don't currently have a nutrient schedule or any nutrients but I was only going to give flowering nutrients towards the end of the grow.

Seed was germinated using the Cup of water method and taproot was about 5mm long.
My grow tent will arrive in 2 days so will be relocated when I set it up put everything in it,
By that time my baby should have sprouted and will be ready to soak some light in.

13282554_10209819732110318_1447708280_o.jpg

Hi biggz, glad you came to share a journal with us. Looks like you've got everything you need for a successful grow. Plants will be in good hands here, many great members to be of assistance when the time comes. I've got a fast and vast going now in my perpetual journal names Lucy, she's at 40 days or so. I'm interested is seeing how yours does in size. Mine is going fast... But not very vast, yet. :goodluck: and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hi biggz, glad you came to share a journal with us. Looks like you've got everything you need for a successful grow. Plants will be in good hands here, many great members to be of assistance when the time comes. I've got a fast and vast going now in my perpetual journal names Lucy, she's at 40 days or so. I'm interested is seeing how yours does in size. Mine is going fast... But not very vast, yet. :goodluck: and...

Thank man really appreciate it! Your grows look amazing! I might have to get some more advice off you in the future!

UPDATE - Day 3: So Today my 50x50x100cm grow tent arrived and it is fairly small buy she be just big enough for 1 decent sized auto. I also went ahead and set it up with my light and extraction fan aswell, I do have a carbon filter but will not be added until the plant starts to get smelly. Right now the temp in the tent is 24°C and humidity is 70-80%.

No sprout on the seedling yet so I started to worry that I had done something wrong so I very gently moved some top soil off to see if there was any progress, Happily I found the stem from the seed just below the top soil so I think it is just about to sprout out within the next day or 2. The soil in the picture may look a little bit dry but just underneath the soil is quiet saturated so I don't want to add any more to over water it.

Im looking at running my light 24/0 for the first couple of weeks but not sure if the plant needs some time to rest at all because its a auto? I also have a few questions regarding spacing from the LED to the plant in all stages of the grow, So how far should it be at seedling, veg and flower?

13324061_10209186790768043_625487508_o.jpg

It's a 300 so I'd probably start around 24" for seedlings and lower it slowly if there's no signs of heat stress or light burn. By the time your in flower you can likely have it much closer than the footprint will allow you. But start conservative and see how they react. 24/0 will give you tighter nodes to start, but root development will be slower. It's a give and take. I like 24/0 for about a week under my t5s and then move them to 20/4 under the LEDs after that.

:goodjob: on not over watering. Most common mistake, keep up the good work and...

It's a 300 so I'd probably start around 24" for seedlings and lower it slowly if there's no signs of heat stress or light burn. By the time your in flower you can likely have it much closer than the footprint will allow you. But start conservative and see how they react. 24/0 will give you tighter nodes to start, but root development will be slower. It's a give and take. I like 24/0 for about a week under my t5s and then move them to 20/4 under the LEDs after that.

:goodjob: on not over watering. Most common mistake, keep up the good work and...

Thanks for the advice!

Update - Day 4:
So today I found out she emerged from the soil but I was a little bit concerned as her baby leaves look like they are curling downwards, Could this be a light burn? I also watered with about a 250ml of water *NOTE* The curling was there before I watered her*, Is the curling normal at such a young stage?

13340500_10209846232972823_719024181_o_1_.jpg
13334405_10209846232532812_1472980727_o.jpg

Update - Day 5: I moved the light up from 16 inches to about 21 inches and it looks like it likes it a lot better. I might water around the edges of the pot slightly to get the humidity up because its down to 50%.

13323856_10209853320430005_933150520_o.jpg
13313611_10209853320189999_361733264_o.jpg

She is looking mighty fine biggz. Look like you have everything dialed in right. The humidity at 50% is perfect I wouldn't do anything to try and change it. If you want more humidity then put a bowl of water in the tent. Don't add water to the pot when she doesn't need it. Now with your pot since you just watered, she should be good for the next 4 days or so. :thumb:

She is looking mighty fine biggz. Look like you have everything dialed in right. The humidity at 50% is perfect I wouldn't do anything to try and change it. If you want more humidity then put a bowl of water in the tent. Don't add water to the pot when she doesn't need it. Now with your pot since you just watered, she should be good for the next 4 days or so. :thumb:

Welcome nismo, I hope you enjoy!
Cheers for the tips man very appreciated!

What's everyone's opinion on topping autos?

Welcome nismo, I hope you enjoy!
Cheers for the tips man very appreciated!

What's everyone's opinion on topping autos?
I think it is beneficial. Have to do it early usually 10-14 days from sprout. Should have 3 or 4 nodes by then. We top and train them. 4 weeks in on our first autos currently they were topped and they love it.

I think it is beneficial. Have to do it early usually 10-14 days from sprout. Should have 3 or 4 nodes by then. We top and train them. 4 weeks in on our first autos currently they were topped and they love it.

Will topping have a significant delay or harvest time? Like 3 or 4 weeks more?

Mate i love to top my autos early. So as soon as theres two sets of true leaves. Leds dont heat tent up much so its easy To over water. If the medium is always wet the roots get no air and growth slows and leaves tips curl coz there drowning. I only water about every 5 days. On my first grow i couldnt help but keep watering and adding nutes. Its peoples biggest mistake at the start.

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And yes its great to top your autos.
Look into supercropping. Maximize the yield as autos aint great for quantity. Rapid growth.

Sent from my SM-J110F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Biggz! I'll slide in right here next to nismo.

Welcome mate!

Mate i love to top my autos early. So as soon as theres two sets of true leaves. Leds dont heat tent up much so its easy To over water. If the medium is always wet the roots get no air and growth slows and leaves tips curl coz there drowning. I only water about every 5 days. On my first grow i couldnt help but keep watering and adding nutes. Its peoples biggest mistake at the start.

Welcome to the grow! Cheers for the info, How long does it roughly take to get 2 sets of true leaves? 2-3 weeks?

Update - Day 6: I hope these daily updates don't get annoying but I'm just really excited about my grow xD. So today I fixed my exhaust fan and moved it to the outside of the tent because of space and heat issues, Before I moved exhaust fan temps where at 32°C now after moving it outside they are at 26°C with 50-60% humidity. As you can see 3 days since sprout it has started to develop its second set of leaves and I'm happy with the grow so far.

13350959_10209860972021290_1312558253_o.jpg
13321075_10209860972221295_479149701_o.jpg

Yes it needs some Epsom salts on the next water. Approx 3 weeks mate. Got a journal called aussie grow. Drop in n check it out.

THE GREEN RACER.

Back
Top Bottom