Blackberry Kush 400W MH/HPS 4x4 & Maybe More

Those girls definitely look ready. Bt those vegging girls look good too. Pretty cool to be able to grow your own cross. What breeders did u get the gsc and cherry og from?

Truth be told I have no idea. I got the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies from a buddy who claims he had a buddy who made his own feminized seeds for them. The Cherry OG was off a male plant that he cut down out of his garden. Actually not even sure it was Cherry OG, could have been something called "Blue Harvest" too.

My goal was really always to find the Girl Scout like ones and backcross them, just used the mystery pollen to stud it. At this point in my growing experience I wasn't great at taking clones and killed every one I took of the PGSC so when I saw the chance to get pollen to get seeds of it I went for it.

Still waiting to see if the cross is any good but I think with being a F1 hybrid is should perform well. I have a buddy with it about to go into flower and it has that nice diesel/gas like smell that Girl Scout Cookies had, and there's another one with a more fruity smell that's probably on the Cherry OG side or more of a hybrid.

My ACE strains are going to be the first reputable genetics I've messed with. Everything up until now has been bagseed.

Well everything is all wrapped up, I got it all weighed and jar'd. Total for this harvest of all 4 plants was about 160 grams. I split the last two plants up into small nugs and big nugs. 37 grams in the big nug jar, 51 in the small nug jar. Then there's the 37 + 34 from the two plants I cut early, not to mention I gave a branch to a buddy, etc.

IMG_20170816_234906.jpg

I also trim extremely heavy so there's a lot of weight that could have went missing. This is wet, but still off of just two plants... Assuming 33% weight, this would have been about 33 grams.

IMG_20170814_002945-1.jpg

I froze the stuff wet to make some "live resin". Really interesting thing is after wringing it out of the bud, the solution turned purple.

IMG_20170814_003427-1.jpg
IMG_20170814_004114-1.jpg
IMG_20170814_004321-1.jpg
IMG_20170814_004423.jpg
IMG_20170814_004659-1.jpg
IMG_20170814_005820-1.jpg

Turned out pretty tasty, I decided to leave one without the wrung-out stuff... It looked wild on the plate.

IMG_20170815_013414.jpg
IMG_20170815_013635.jpg
IMG_20170814_234101.jpg
IMG_20170814_233950.jpg

IMG_20170814_225800.jpg

Finally, I managed to get two seeds! I'm still waiting to pull apart the open-pollinated plant, but these ones I found in the bottom of the drying tub, so I guess the first reversal plant that I shook out above it managed to pollinate some.

IMG_20170816_011411.jpg

So I consider it a success even though that's a little shy of how many seeds I wanted by a few hundred :p

Meanwhile, the Panama x Malawi and PGSC x Cherry OG are looking good. One of them is having some discoloration issues.

IMG_20170816_234943.jpg
IMG_20170816_234958.jpg

I want to do a pheno hunt so I think I may take some clones to flower as soon as they're big enough to flower, and just grow out the donor plants for flower while the clones veg, then I'll keep track of which donor I like the most and continue on with the clone I got from it. Same thing with the PGSC x Chery OG, but I feel like it will take quite a while... Much longer than this supply is going to last sadly. I think for that reason I am going to flower/clone these as SOON as they're big enough, so at least I have a "maintenance" crop to hold me over. It doesn't seem like trying to grow bumper crops is helping me as my maximum yielded supply doesn't last the same amount of time needed to grow out another crop of the same size.

So with all that in mind, I think I should probably top these pretty soon. I need to encourage some branching. Thought about trying to monster crop them but that would probably just take more time and with the flowering time with these well into 12 weeks I really can't delay too much. With that in mind, it would be terrific to make some S1 seed crop and do 12/12 from seed. It really doesn't get you much for yield, but I liked 12/12 from seed because the plants were so tiny and easily managed, the buds get real dense, etc. With my limited light I don't know that it makes sense to be trying to grow monsters that just make popcorn.

Well this should be interesting, I got some cuts off another local grower, but I didn't really think right about transporting. I've been use to popping them into my tupperware thing and throwing them in the fridge lately, but on the drive home these got a little wilted. Had to cut off most of the leaves so they could stay up right. There's Purple Urkle, Obama Kush and two phenos of the Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG I had him test for me. One seems pretty sativa, the other is looking more like the mother.

They've perked up since yesterday though. I'm using the bubble-cloner this time instead of rockwool cubes since I just never have great success with that. But my air-pump is not putting out nearly the amount of bubbles I usually use to clone. So we'll see what happens.

IMG_20170819_131003.jpg
IMG_20170819_131310.jpg

I topped the other seedlings yesterday. They should probably be transplanted soon, but I don't wanna buy soil yet.

IMG_20170819_131314.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom