12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HPS

Re: 12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HP

I'm seeing N claw in pix 6, and later. Plus, in flower grow nutes are cut slowly. You have something else going on here but I'm at a loss as to what it is. It must be below the soil in the roots. Look for bugs or larva in your top soil.

Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Yeah I thought it was really weird that it was an N deficiency when some of the leaves looked like they were N clawing.

The soil looks great, I haven't seen any sign of bugs or anything like that. I made a post in Pests, Problems and Diseases (Nitrogen deficient in early flower) though so hopefully the sleuths figure it out. I am theorizing that it is just N deficiency since I've been barely feeding, my soil has nothing in it, and they just stretched a bunch.

I also didn't cut the Grow nutes slowly, just straight switched over.

At least my flowers are looking nice :D I don't know what I should count this as, week 2?

Re: 12/12 Bag Seed - Blackberry Kush - Frankenberry - Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HP

If you have local grow store they can help. My team is top notch, if a little old school.

Cheers

If you have local grow store they can help. My team is top notch, if a little old school.

Cheers

Yeah I don't know they will probably just try to sell me some Cal-Mag. I am not really that comfortable talking to people about it though even in a legal state. I have a few friends who grow though I might ask, ones been doing it for like ten years. The thing is they always just jump right to pH as being the issue and then seem to just guess when I tell them it's all 6.5. Gotta be more self reliant I guess.

Yah i am lucky I am close friends with my local grow shop manager so he comes to look at my grow when in need. MillerM is spot on I believe. I had a horrible cyanobacteria last year. Six plants in flower. 2 completely died. one ran normal and three where majorly stunted and I had to harvest early etc to avoid hermies.

Sooo it ultimately was all root issues and My plants did exactly what yours are. The plant can't get the food from the roots what ever the cause. So it is using up the fan leaves to continue with new growth. I would give it a batch of Orca or Great white. Something with beneficial bacteria. Photosynthesis plus is a good one too. Then make sure you stop using anything like h202 and stuff. They will kill the good bennies.

So research it some. Cyanobacteria was living through complete bleachings... I would replace all the pumps hoses everything. And it would still come back. Orca and etc will eat that stuff up and it took care of it...

I am not saying you have cyanobacteria. I am explaining that I did and the beneficial bacteria cleaned me up.

hope this helps. I know it sucks and is frustrating but you will get it figured out. Keep at it

:peace:

FE

Yep, Cal Mg. The only fix. I'd take your worst plant and cull it. Look at your roots and see if there an answer to be found. Or try roots drench or micro brew by Fox Farm they are loaded with bene bacteria. If you keep guessing you could loose all your plants. Pop some more seeds asap, and get your next run going. Not sure how long you can hold off with locked out plants.

Well I see N claw, so some nutes making it to your plant. PH pen has been tested and or calibrated. Not seeing burnt tips after last feeding which was a heavy dose of nutes. You could flush with sledgehammer (FF great product) and I mean 1.5 TSP gal and shoot for 20% run off. Do not put 25 gal of water into 5 gal pot. I'd put micro brew or roots drench with the sledgehammer at 2 TSP gal.

Cheers

Yep, Cal Mg. The only fix. I'd take your worst plant and cull it. Look at your roots and see if there an answer to be found. Or try roots drench or micro brew by Fox Farm they are loaded with bene bacteria. If you keep guessing you could loose all your plants. Pop some more seeds asap, and get your next run going. Not sure how long you can hold off with locked out plants.

Well I see N claw, so some nutes making it to your plant. PH pen has been tested and or calibrated. Not seeing burnt tips after last feeding which was a heavy dose of nutes. You could flush with sledgehammer (FF great product) and I mean 1.5 TSP gal and shoot for 20% run off. Do not put 25 gal of water into 5 gal pot. I'd put micro brew or roots drench with the sledgehammer at 2 TSP gal.

Cheers

Do you mean Bush Doctor Microbe Brew? I think I have some of that actually.

@canna, you talking to me? Lol I thought my setup was pretty modest.

What should I be looking for in the roots? I did just have most of them out of the pots a week or so ago and the roots looked good. Also the weakest plant actually doesn't seem to be exhibiting the same yellowing issues, kind of odd.

I have a buddy who might have done Great White. I think I may wait a few days to see if the extra feeding clears it up before I start guessing at treating the roots, just so I don't confuse any issues.

What would make the tips claw like that other than nitrogen? I think that might be a big hint because I really never did give it very much nitro to begin with so it's weird it did that.

My BBK strain really does like warmer temps the leaves flatten out in temps that are greater than 80. I like to give them veg nutes up till they stop stretching then switch to flower nutes I use Great white at every other watering in flower with a teaspoon per gallon of molasses at the same time. It seemed to help with keeping them green and to fill out.

Kanaroots, or yes what you have are both loaded with beneficial bacteria.

Cheers

IMG_20160618_080643.jpg
IMG_20160618_080632.jpg
20160618_081036.JPG
20160618_080936.JPG
20160618_080911.JPG
20160618_080900.JPG

Well this is two weeks since switching to HPS and seeing preflowers. Hoping these turn into some fat colas

Have you thought about just snipping off the lower, yellowing leaves?

Yeah but I am/was kind of worried about defoliating too much on plants small like these because I wasn't really sure how many new leaves they were going to make so I didn't want to just end up with them all off.

Yeah but I am/was kind of worried about defoliating too much on plants small like these because I wasn't really sure how many new leaves they were going to make so I didn't want to just end up with them all off.
Start with the yellow ones, then decide from there if you want to take more. If you look at a fluxing, they are defoliated often and a lot, but still grow just fine.

Start with the yellow ones, then decide from there if you want to take more. If you look at a fluxing, they are defoliated often and a lot, but still grow just fine.

If you think that the roots and intake are corrected but.....if the plant is still struggling to feed leave them. Let it eat them up until they fall of when you touch them. You may need them..

Just a thought.. I would do as canna says if it is healthy again and taking up feeds..

FE

If you think that the roots and intake are corrected but.....if the plant is still struggling to feed leave them. Let it eat them up until they fall of when you touch them. You may need them..

Just a thought.. I would do as canna says if it is healthy again and taking up feeds..

FE
If they don't start to look better, we think he may need to flush them with sledgehammer. That'll take care of it if a nutrient is locked out.

I agree with Far East Buds, I let the plant take what they need from a dying leaf, it can easily redistribute a lot of what it needs from the leaf if the roots can't keep up, then as it gets close to completely yellow i just gently push down on the leaf if stays attached i leave it if comes off easily I compost it.

I agree with Far East Buds, I let the plant take what they need from a dying leaf, it can easily redistribute a lot of what it needs from the leaf if the roots can't keep up, then as it gets close to completely yellow i just gently push down on the leaf if stays attached i leave it if comes off easily I compost it.

That's exactly what I do too, I just push down at the base of the leaf and if they want to come off they just kind of pop off.

My only issue with doing a flush with sledgehammer is I am dead broke until I get my next check :-( Trying to get a few table spoons or something from a buddy but his isn't really accessible.

Isn't it basically soap? I seem to remember needing to flush my last set of plants a lot when using Flora Nova, it's salty stuff.

I probably made that last batch a little too strong, noticing a tiny bit of burn on the tips. Whoops.

One disadvantage to growing small plant like these is small problems like this seem to have a bigger effect.

How far up are your lights? Looks like you could go closer, larger flower are a direct effect of close lights. I'm vegging Under 630 watts with 26 watt UVB150 bulb, about 12 to 14 inches away.

ecf3c917a488b22fe354530bb3dd3358.jpg

Only 2 plants in a 4x4, lonely.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom