Yup, I'm Back! 12/12 From Seed 250W HPS Dirt - Unknown Strain

I think you may have the cure for Scoliosis! :adore:

Well, if it works THAT well, I'll start drinking the damned Flora Grow Nutes ! LOL!

peace, me :peace:

Keep on supercropping, she will YIELD. If you can keep the canopy even it will help down the road.

Nothing much happening ATM, just watching the girls slowly bud up.. they seem to be growing REALLY slow right now. I did just start them on full on flowering nutes, first full strength batch was like 12 hours ago when the light just came on. I took this pic just as the light went off.

Will post more as I progress,

33 - 35 days 12/12 from seed
101811a.jpg

Hi Runamok, they are looking good! I think you will enjoy your results with 12/12 from seed. My first time seeing it done was about a year ago this or last month and it was the man himself DocBud had a lucky queen and others. I did a 12/12 seed hempy w/oc+ for nutes w/cfl lighting which was my second grow and it turned out nice (ounce and a half dry plenty of lights). Just started another w/my new 250hps lighting, you are 30 days ahead of this one so I am very interested to see how yours turns out bro. :popcorn: I am trying to fit about 9 under my lighting in a 33x33x63 tent plan on using gal spring water bottles Hempy style got 8 germing and 6 above soil, 2fem Auroras! You think thats too many? Do you plan on pruning at any point? They do look nice, is that a lil curl on the tips? I noticed you said they "may" seem to be growing a lil slow. (maybe like me an you look at them all the time & can't tell :high-five:) I know you know but check temps and supercropper eater she may just be resting after straightening out her act:rofl: She is a beast... a lovely one. wow way too long for a first post in ur journal :sorry: :bigblush: :goodjob: tho!

hey voltron ! thanx for stopping by.
I dunno, mano, my 250w HPS is bare minimum for the 4 plants I have going atm.
More than that and i really believe there'd be not enough light.
I feel I don't have enough light for the 4 I have under it now.
I will be taking off some fan leaves in the next day or so for exactly that reason, so, yes, I'll be doing a bit of pruning. I don't like doing it really, but as before stated, the light intensity is just not there and the light does not penetrate well with the 250w. :|
Other than that , the plants are looking ok. :)

I'll post more as I progress.

Just opened the closet to see and feed for the morning and decided to go ahead and remove a few fan leaves. I know some say do and others say don't, but as I said in my last post, with the smallish light I have (250w hps) my grows seem to do better if I do remove a few fan leaves here and there.
Hopefully, they'll do well with the pruning. :)
Here is today's pic.
I'll post more a I progress.

35-37 days from seed - 12/12
102011a.jpg

The only thing I would suggest is cutting off the bottom 3 or 4 nodes by the end of the 3rd week at latest. Just a suggestion..... :)

I don't quite understand. The leaves and such near the dirt ?
Just trim to the main stalk from dirt, up 3 nodes ?

I trust you 4twenty4all, so lemme know and I'll do it :p

Im with it also, as I am doing my 12/12 from seed and will be trying to max plnts w/space and lighting. I am considering trim most lateral branches and having one cola w/fans to concentrate on. I'm hoping this will increase all bud growth to the cola and will help me keep plants close together in 1gal jugs surrounded by a few 2L bttles. I'm not too sure when to trim the lateral branches to get the effect I'm looking for, but will review some older journals and check out how No Mercy does it. Just an fyi, bro... hopefully I will be able to journal this so we all can see how it goes and compare. Keep em green my friend they look great!

Im with it also, as I am doing my 12/12 from seed and will be trying to max plnts w/space and lighting. I am considering trim most lateral branches and having one cola w/fans to concentrate on. I'm hoping this will increase all bud growth to the cola and will help me keep plants close together in 1gal jugs surrounded by a few 2L bttles. I'm not too sure when to trim the lateral branches to get the effect I'm looking for, but will review some older journals and check out how No Mercy does it. Just an fyi, bro... hopefully I will be able to journal this so we all can see how it goes and compare. Keep em green my friend they look great!

I do lot's of 12/12 growing. Here's the rule for trimming:

Only do it to remove dead leaves, or to make sure sure the plants all fit under the light by removing side branches.

The lowermost branches won't yield too much, especially if the plants are tall, or if the light source isn't really strong. Cutting them off makes all kinds of sense, allowing you to pack the plants tighter.

If you start them on 12/12, you should only have to cut off the lower 2 nodes on most indica's and hybrids.....but Sativa's aren't really effected too much and will veg and grow just fine under 12/12.

Another funny thing...plants will often drop off their own fan leaves....or turn 'em yellow so you do it for 'em.

I do lot's of 12/12 growing. Here's the rule for trimming:

Only do it to remove dead leaves, or to make sure sure the plants all fit under the light by removing side branches.

The lowermost branches won't yield too much, especially if the plants are tall, or if the light source isn't really strong. Cutting them off makes all kinds of sense, allowing you to pack the plants tighter.

If you start them on 12/12, you should only have to cut off the lower 2 nodes on most indica's and hybrids.....but Sativa's aren't really effected too much and will veg and grow just fine under 12/12.

Another funny thing...plants will often drop off their own fan leaves....or turn 'em yellow so you do it for 'em.

Well, my research just stopped:rofl: Thanks DocBud, whose journals I was reviewing for this answer, that also got me started on 12/12 from seed a year ago and your environment, the key to good successful growing.:Namaste: I didn't post much but surely learned and learn alot from your grows. This is what I was looking for since my first hempy 12/12 I let it grow normal w/no pruning. I would hope that this would if need be allow Runamok and myself the liberty of adding another girl or two to the grow (in the future for Runamok) with our 250hps with the nice single colas. Thanks for the info/clarity:adore:

Hey Hey All...Just a quick hello and pic update.
The plants are doing well, they apparently didn't mind the small bit of pruning I did.
I am still kinda surprised at the difference of each plant as the seed came outta the same bag of smoke. :p
4 plants, 3 distinct phenomes, it's weird. Anyway... 2 quick shots taken right before lights on today. :)

This one is gonna be all Cola..lol
102511a.jpg

Group Shot - 40-42 days from 12/12 seed
102511b.jpg

That is interesting about the bagseed with 3 different phenos. But from what I have been reading even the online seeds of same strain can and will show slightly different characteristics depending on the strain tho. I think the "good strains" or what is labeled or known as such are more likely to be consistant. Either way all of yours look good!

Plants are always different but all are good.....Are you flowering in that spot or somewhere else? Any way to get some white paper or foamboard on the walls to reflect the light a little bit?

Just checking in and posting a current pic.
The girls are doing ok, I guess. Just seems slow.
The plant on the back left has shown flowers for 2 weeks now, but no real bud development. I know it's happening and such, just wish things would get a smidgen faster. :p

Group Shot 45-47 days from seed 12/12
103011.JPG

OG13.. thanx for stopping in, btw. Yea...that's where they flower and I don't have mylar or white anything up. Plants always flowered and grown well in that closet as is, so I haven't made changes. I may think about the walls tho.

4twenty4all ... yup , man, I swear I'm generally careful about stashing seeds and knowing what comes from where. I'm 99.9% certain that these plants were started from seeds that came from one batch of herb, all out of the same bag. As I clean herb I get to smoke, if I do find seeds and wanna keep them, I put them in bags and save with a slip of paper in the bag, saying what is was and whence it came.
So, needless to say, that's why I'm a bit perplexed as to the difference of the 4 plants.
Who knows....may have been several strains in the bag of herb, but I don't recall noticing any different buds. Oh well... stranger things have happened...lol

On a plus note : The back left plant that seems stalled at flower seems perked up today
and I see a bit of new growth. Perhaps she is coming into her time ? We'll see. :)

Back
Top Bottom