Bloom Boosters?

Is there any benefit to using bloom boosters for the later flower stage? I have never used any, I usually up the P/K and micro as well as adding molasses. This year I added enzymes for the soil throughout. I only grow outdoors.

I grow only outdoors, too. Used Canna PK13 once or twice on grows long ago. Even ran a comparison with alfalfa mulch. All I do now is give a tea made from an organic mix (3-9-4) called "Flower Girl" once a week in flowering. Those boosters are claiming an edge, but there is no consensus on whether or not they actually do what is claimed.

Several growers here use Bud Explosion.
I use Terpinator and Sweet Candy indoors and outdoors. In the proper quantity they are great additives. Too much and they may burn your plant a bit (I’ve only had burning problems with indoor plants) but yes if your plant wants more food in the last few weeks, feed it!

Dr Earth's Flower Girl 3-9-4 lists all the ingredients and they're all organic: fish bone meal, mycorrhizae, etc. It's got what the plants need in flowering. You cannot possibly burn your plants with it. I've used it for years as a soil amendment and in flowering as a top dressing with good success. I don't go for fancy expensive chemicals that do who knows what. Some of the other "boosters" contain "secret" ingredients (which turn out to be molasses, lol, they just don't tell you there isn't really any secret). There was a great thread by a grower in London, Hazy Lady, who ran a controlled comparison of a top booster product, "Canna Boost", to molasses and a control group with no booster. Her conclusion: Little difference, even the molasses and control group came out better in some circumstances. It's really worth a read, all the discussion about boosters. Canna Boost V Molasses - side by side comparison. - Page 51 - Side by Side Grow Experiments - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

There are alot of products. Curious to know the benefit? Especially outdoors if that makes a difference.,

@stinker yes lots to choose from. It is an assumption of mine, having read around a bit, that in flowering the plants need more P and K, possibly less N (though that is not as clear) than in veg. I take it you are not questioning that assumption.

My grows have all been outdoors, and the plants get quite large in a 15 gal pot (my Acapulco Gold and Super Lemon Haze this year are 9 feet tall). Obviously, large plants need the nutrition. What other benefit do you mean? You mean the "extra super THC-laden mouthwatering buds" they promise on the label of some of this snake oil?

Flower Girl says Bloom Booster, but it's really just basic flowering food, nothing secret or extraordinary. I've added Flower Girl to each grow in the last 5 or 10 years, so I can't say how the plants would fare without that. But since my plants are fresh and green and budding right up to the day of harvest, I'm tempted to keep on doing this.

Thanks Emeraldo, I was looking to find out if they do in fact magically produce "extra super THC-laden mouthwatering buds". I usually just feed what they will take in flower. Good strains usually get pretty frosty.

Back
Top Bottom