Blue Mystic

Fuzzy Duck

Strain - Blue Mystic, From - Nirvana

006739.JPG

Type - Indica dominate plant.

Appearance - Pale green bud which takes on a nice coating of trics about half way into flowering, under lights a pale blue hue may been seen... a very pretty plant :love:

The dryed bud remains a pale to medium greenish colour heavy in tric's & very sticky to touch.

Smell - Smell is low whilst in flowering.

Sweet, fruity, herbal smell with a hint of berrie can be a very powerful smell once freshly dryed with people noticing once bag is open, its that good !

The smell tames a little once cured but still very nice.

Taste - Once eaten only tryed this in my own recipe of - Mj & Honey Flapjacks a very floral tasting bud with hint of mild fruits/herbal which complemented the flapjacks very well.

Once first bite was taken you could not stuff it in your mouth fast enough... very delicious :thumb:

Also tryed with green dragon - vodka & bud brewed for one month which had a very floral taste & enjoyed with ice 'n' dry ginger ale :love:

Type of Buzz - Descibe as body by nirvane but found it more of a cerebral and spacey with hint of body, i may of picked up some seed with sativa phenotype buzz ?

Length of Buzz - Up to a couple of hours if light to moderate smoker & when eaten prepare to loose time :Namaste:

Overall - A short flowering strain of 8 to 9 weeks producing a very sticky bud which is low in odour once growing with the odour changing once bud is dryed 100 fold leaving a sweet, fruity/herbal & at times pungent smell in the room... even when not smoked !

Smokes on the sweet side with hints of mild fruit/herbal to berrie.

I prefer it cured for 6 weeks than when freshly dryed tho as it brings out the smoothness but each to their own taste.

A plant i wish to keep in my collection as it is very rewarding to grow in right conditions prefering soil/organics to bring out its full potential & a strain i shall grow for a few more times before dabbling with others.

This is not a strain to be over looked by nirvana :Namaste:

Excellent review my friend I've come across these seeds but never have tried . But I can tell she's definitely worth it:bravo:...how much did this plant yeild you??

Excellent review my friend I've come across these seeds but never have tried . But I can tell she's definitely worth it:bravo:...how much did this plant yeild you??

The plants where trained on a slight LST basis to increase cola bearing branch sites & have had a couple of grows of this strain.

1st grow on average yielded 42g with the smallest at 41g & best at 47g.

2nd grow on average yielded 48g with the smallest at 36g & best at 56g.

Both grows where of 4 plants each for personal use/meds :peace:

Was wondering you light set up, and is this the auto or fem seeds?
What you feed her, etc.?
I have a 400w HM and HPS set up (In 8 sq./ft.)waiting to bring some light to this strain and wanted to compare to what you used to get a feel for what to look forward too.

Thank you.

Love that Blue Mystic Fuzzy,
I liked the Blue Mystic auto also, I had one of them and she was nice, it wasnt short though, more like 1 1/2FT . Here she is.....

DSC006424.JPG
DSC006415.JPG
DSC006403.JPG

Was wondering you light set up, and is this the auto or fem seeds?
What you feed her, etc.?
I have a 400w HM and HPS set up (In 8 sq./ft.)waiting to bring some light to this strain and wanted to compare to what you used to get a feel for what to look forward too.

Thank you.

The plants came from a regular seed quite awhile ago now... but all grows of this strain have been from clones.

In veg i use a single gaint CFL, 125w, 6400k for germination/cloning & vegging of up to 10 weeks - tent size 4 sq./ft or 60cm by 60cm by 160cm... ye gets abit rammed inside in late veg tho.

In flowering 400w HPS by grolux - tent size 9sq./ft or 90cm by 90cm by 180cm

Nutrients used Biobizz organic range mainly using fish mix, bio bloom, alg-a-mic, bio heaven & top max also biobizz all mix compost.

Have a flick through the journals loads of stuff in their on Blue Mystic located in my sig :thumb:

Love that Blue Mystic Fuzzy,
I liked the Blue Mystic auto also, I had one of them and she was nice, it wasnt short though, more like 1 1/2FT . Here she is.....

DSC006415.JPG

Nice looking auto of Blue Mystic i've seen a few journals pop up over the last year with this particular auto strain :high-five:

I've found the strain to be on the short side & all finding that they rarely go over 2ft tall/24 inches from clones including stretch in flowering with an average 7 to 8 weeks of veg, might well be the LST training tho which alters total over all height tho.

Here's one of my favorite pic's from the last Blue Mystic grow, quite a tric loaded piece of ol bud with extra dashing of sticky resin.

005913.JPG

mine blue mystic 2 of 5 never went auto ((( had to put them in 12/12 , just starting to bud

Mate my Blue auto took longest out of my auto grow to start flowering but when it started it smashed it FAST! I'd Advise 18/6 flowering an auto :)

Mate my Blue auto took longest out of my auto grow to start flowering but when it started it smashed it FAST! I'd Advise 18/6 flowering an auto :)

mate , i waited for 7 weeks and no sign of bud formation , so i had no choice but to hit them with darkness! as soon as i did, i noticed pistils start to appear like crazy. Maybe NIrvanashop meesed up with the seeds, who knows

I grew blue mystic outdoors this year. The stems were weak and was the first to get bud rot. Yield was good and I liked the smoke better after 3 months cure.

Bud rot is assoicated with high humidty which can effect dense forming buds more so !

I must admit i prefer the Blue Mystic after a good cure of between 6 to 12 weeks tho :thumb:

Great job Fuzzy Duck. I've grown Blue Mystic once and am currently growing it again. My first time growing it I used roots organics for my nutes and my plants were very healthy aside from the low NPK offered in Roots Organics. This time I am using advanced nutes and I have to say I am not at all impressed, I have a constant battle with nute defiecency. Not just with Blue Mystic but with all other strains. I'm kicking myself in the ass for investing so much $$ in advance nutes, only to watch everything in flower around week 4 begin to turn yellow then to worse, I added some strait N to my nutes from a different nute company thinking that would help. Then I have to add some PK from ION. Any advice you may offer would be helpful...I think I should just go back to my Roots, Organics that is.

Great job Fuzzy Duck. I've grown Blue Mystic once and am currently growing it again. My first time growing it I used roots organics for my nutes and my plants were very healthy aside from the low NPK offered in Roots Organics. This time I am using advanced nutes and I have to say I am not at all impressed, I have a constant battle with nute defiecency. Not just with Blue Mystic but with all other strains. I'm kicking myself in the ass for investing so much $$ in advance nutes, only to watch everything in flower around week 4 begin to turn yellow then to worse, I added some strait N to my nutes from a different nute company thinking that would help. Then I have to add some PK from ION. Any advice you may offer would be helpful...I think I should just go back to my Roots, Organics that is.

Sorry to hear that you have experienced so many problems with your nutrients...

I've had just under half a dozern grows of Blue Mystic from clones all have suffered with yellowing from aprox 3rd week of flowering, i found it to be nutrient intensive whilst in flowering i only used biobizz nutrients(organic) & pretty much double application rate to off set the yellowing to some degree.

How ever on one grow i used soil ammendments with my compost such as farmyard manure, chicken manure pellets along with biobizz all mix compost & potted up the vegged plant 2 weeks before flowering into a larger pot with improved compost so that it could root a little in its new home...

This was one of my better grows & the def/yellowing was pretty easy to tame, i still used increased amount of nutrients tho !

Heres the old journal - Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

I play around with soil ammendments a lot.

I think its strain related thing being some what tricky to grow in flowering or may just require more nutrients.

It's alright, hopefully with your advice (THANK YOU VERY MUCH) I can resolve this problem. Man I wish I could go completly organic. I live in the city far from any farms, yet I could start a compost now. I just moved into a new home in October and have plenty of room and the knowledge to begin my own compost from other ingredients/things people throw away usually besides the chicken and farmyard manure. But I can just head up to a home improvment store and buy manure...

I will get it right. And thank you again friend:thanks:

Sorry to hear that you have experienced so many problems with your nutrients...

I've had just under half a dozern grows of Blue Mystic from clones all have suffered with yellowing from aprox 3rd week of flowering, i found it to be nutrient intensive whilst in flowering i only used biobizz nutrients(organic) & pretty much double application rate to off set the yellowing to some degree.

How ever on one grow i used soil ammendments with my compost such as farmyard manure, chicken manure pellets along with biobizz all mix compost & potted up the vegged plant 2 weeks before flowering into a larger pot with improved compost so that it could root a little in its new home...

This was one of my better grows & the def/yellowing was pretty easy to tame, i still used increased amount of nutrients tho !

Heres the old journal - Blue Mystic - Fuzzy Organic Style Plus Chicken Poop & The Rest Of The Farm Yard

I play around with soil ammendments a lot.

I think its strain related thing being some what tricky to grow in flowering or may just require more nutrients.

Nice looking auto of Blue Mystic i've seen a few journals pop up over the last year with this particular auto strain :high-five:

I've found the strain to be on the short side & all finding that they rarely go over 2ft tall/24 inches from clones including stretch in flowering with an average 7 to 8 weeks of veg, might well be the LST training tho which alters total over all height tho.

Here's one of my favorite pic's from the last Blue Mystic grow, quite a tric loaded piece of ol bud with extra dashing of sticky resin.

005913.JPG

:thumb: man that bud look sick good job so i just intrested u sayed yield is abaut 42g per plant right dry or wet?
how did it work the effect i mean like body relax or what? just curious.also did it need much care?
and i have 1 stupid question about air pots they new brand i hear a lot of positive about them but they
only 10L max pot right but they could be use in early vege? the stupid part of question is how u trans
from that pot in larger one

Back
Top Bottom