Blueberry & Moby Dick - Soil Grow

Subbed and definitely looking forwards to learn some stuff about soil! I always find leaves to look more meaty when they are in soil. Maybe it's just the pictures.

Great leaf starting colour by the way!

Good luck, wishing you all the best :Namaste:

Subbed and definitely looking forwards to learn some stuff about soil! I always find leaves to look more meaty when they are in soil. Maybe it's just the pictures.

Great leaf starting colour by the way!

Good luck, wishing you all the best :Namaste:

Thank you on all accounts. I really like the nice purple coloring of the blueberry when they first come in!

Day 25, the days are flying by. As for our ladies the Moby Dick is loving the spotlight! She's probably about twice the size of the Blueberry. It's interesting watching the growth rate of a Sativa vs an Indica, you can really tell the differences in development. Hopefully my Blueberry hasn't been stunted by all the troubles I've had with her keeping her weight on top of her and not laying on the soil. She's still not quite ready to support her own weight. I've got a fan on her all day everyday now that's she's in the tent and she's not really responding to it as well as I had hoped she would. I think I'm going to wait another week to introduce nutes to the Moby Dick. I think given another week at her current grow rate may be long enough to to start giving quarter strength nutes to her, Blueberry is going to have to wait a few more weeks I think, her development has been slow.

Blueberry
image29016.jpg
image29017.jpg

Moby Dick
image29018.jpg
image29019.jpg

Looking good whitty, for the blueberry you could try blowing a fan directly onto it for a few hours a day or more. I had a fan blowing directly onto my auto's all throughout veg & their stems really thickened quickly, I was quite impressed. I had the fans blowing on them constantly though because of an issue with the reflector but if I was able to I would only do it for a few hours per day.

Day 28, watered both girls yesterday, first time watering the entire container so there was a little run off. Continue to water with RapidStart. Hopefully the root system is as developed as my Blue Widow was. The entire 7gal container was roots. Now I'm not using 7gal containers here, just going with 2gal container so the plants won't be as large as my Blue Widow was. She was about 4ft tall, so I would imagine these ladies would get to maybe 3-4ft fall after stretching.

The Moby Dick continues to grow at a pretty steady rate. She's loving being so close to the lights. Since she continued to develop, from a couple of days ago, I have decided to start her on some LST I choose to ponytail her. For those who are not familiar with ponytail, it's where you grap the top node, and wrap the leaves up so it exposes the lower nodes to the light, in doing so the lower nodes will explode with development and turn her into a bushier plant.

Blueberry, stem is still a little spindly, she's able to hold herself up, but the second she's subjected to any airflow she topples right over. Other than the stem, she looks good. Starting to speed up her growth a little bit. She's not quilted developed to do any LST with her but as soon as she is, I will be using the ponytail method on her as well.

Thinking here within the next week that I'll start the Moby Dick on some nudes and see how she reacts. Going to start with 1/4 strength as I've read that Autos are still quite sensitive to nuts and burn easily. That being said Dinafem has stated that the Moby Dick is a heavy feeder so maybe she'll be a little more tolerant to the nutes. I guess we'll see here shortly.

Blueberry

image29217.jpg
image29218.jpg

Moby Dick

image29220.jpg
image29221.jpg

hahaha you said nudes :rofl: but nice update bro I like how you can see the hairs in the pic of the Moby dick

Hahaha, just caught that. Damn autocorrect, it always does that when I type in nutes. Autocorrect is suppose to learn the words you use and not correct them.

She's got quite a few of them going on her. Seeing as she's only three weeks old she still has about 8-9 weeks to go, so I'm hoping I can get her as big as possible before she reaches sexual maturity and starts flowering.

Dick on some nudes:hmmmm:...haha brilliant lol! you just had to be growing a moby dick strain when writing nudes instead of nutes :)

Hehe, If you look a little back in my log, you can see how early I clip them :)
Rough plants man! :) They can take a punch.

That's very true, it's not called weed for a reason. I think I'm going to stick with LST to keep the stress to a min, I have a very short window to get them as big as possible.

Auto Talk

I finally ordered some auto seeds myself.

You're gonna enjoy them, db.

My Bubblelicious Autos produced a few seeds, so next spring I'm gonna plant them at a friend's cabin in the mountains. Does high-altitude weed get you higher than low-altitude weed?

Re: Auto Talk

You're gonna enjoy them, db.

My Bubblelicious Autos produced a few seeds, so next spring I'm gonna plant them at a friend's cabin in the mountains. Does high-altitude weed get you higher than low-altitude weed?

there are higher concentrations of uvb rays the higher up you go that is one of the reasons why afghan weed is so good but don't quote me on that lol

I get high in Colorado - 12,168'

there are higher concentrations of uvb rays the higher up you go that is one of the reasons why afghan weed is so good but don't quote me on that lol

I think the higher up on a mountain you are the higher you get, but maybe that's cuz I'm smoking the entire way up.:loopy:

Re: I get high in Colorado - 12,168'

I think the higher up on a mountain you are the higher you get, but maybe that's cuz I'm smoking the entire way up.:loopy:

I guess theoretically the higher in altitude the more high you would get, as there is less O2 in the atmosphere, and therefore the THC interacts with the blood stream quicker. Just a theory though.

Re: I get high in Colorado - 12,168'

Day 32, things are looking really good for Moby Dick. She just keeps growing, I think every time I go in the tent she's a little taller than the last time I went in. I also decided yesterday would be a great day to start using nutes on the ladies. I went with a quarter of what Fox Farms suggests. I started them on 1.5tsps instead of 6tsps. So far both plants show no signs of nute burn. Another observation I've noticed Moby Dick must have a much more developed root system than the Blueberry or is far more thirsty. The Blueberry's soil is typically moist on the top for about 2-3 days after watering, the Moby Dick's soil is pretty much dry on the top of the soil. Blueberry is growing slowly, she's just about ready to have her trying wheel taken off as she's doing much better holding herself up.

Something very strange to me and see if you can pick it up from the photos, but Blueberry is a Indica dominate strain, but yet the leaves look very Sativa like. Let me know what you think.

Blueberry
image29613.jpg
image29614.jpg

Moby Dick
image29616.jpg
image29617.jpg

Back
Top Bottom