Blueberry & Moby Dick - Soil Grow

Unsolicited advice...

Day 32, things are looking really good for Moby Dick. She just keeps growing, I think every time I go in the tent she's a little taller than the last time I went in.

Bend the Dick over and tie her down! She is ready for some LST to expose those lower bud sites.

Moby Dick
image29616.jpg

Blueberry is growing slowly, she's just about ready to have her trying wheel taken off as she's doing much better holding herself up.

Take them training wheels off. Trial by fire! Actually, she'll do just fine because even if she falls over for a little while it will make her stem stronger in the end.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Cannabelle
I hope you fellas don't mind me adding to the discussion on how wind effects plants. I believe you are all correct with your ideas on wind's influence on cannabis.

The mechanism of wind blowing through leaves encourages the pneumatic phenomena of ethylene gas release which in turn seeds cation and fluid uptake. Thus, wind blowing through leaves is akin to pumping water with a hand pump. Strong wind also causes minor injury which is a good thing because when plant cells burst, they bleed primordial material which triggers parenchymal (undifferentiated cells) activity and salicyn production which thickens and strengthens branches and trunks.

Blueberry
image29613.jpg

Oh, and the ladies are looking beautiful. Off to a strong start. Looks like Blueberry is praying to the light God. :thumb:

Re: Unsolicited advice...

Bend the Dick over and tie her down! She is ready for some LST to expose those lower bud sites.

Moby Dick
image29616.jpg

Take them training wheels off. Trial by fire! Actually, she'll do just fine because even if she falls over for a little while it will make her stem stronger in the end.

Blueberry
image29613.jpg

Oh, and the ladies are looking beautiful. Off to a strong start. Looks like Blueberry is praying to the light God. :thumb:

I think we read each other's mind. As of last night the Moby Dick is on LST. I took your advice and took the training wheel off of the Blueberry. It's sink or swim time for her. Don't you think she's looking an awful lot like a sativa instead of an indica? I feel like her leaves are way too skinny to be indica leaves.

It's all in the high..

I think we read each other's mind. As of last night the Moby Dick is on LST. I took your advice and took the training wheel off of the Blueberry. It's sink or swim time for her. Don't you think she's looking an awful lot like a sativa instead of an indica? I feel like her leaves are way too skinny to be indica leaves.

Blueberry is gonna do great. At Leafly, Blueberry is listed as having Afghani, Thai, and Purple Thai parents - the latter two being sativas, which lends itself to taking on characteristics of a more tropical plant. From all the reviews, however, I would expect nothing but an indica dominant plant with indica effects. Nice for sleep, they say. I would look to Moby D for the sativa buzz, which it's highly known for producing. With White Widow and Haze genetics, it's gonna be bomb.

Mystery Seed #1 from my first batch of seeds was showing some very strong sativa traits, and I was getting all excited until it started growing nanners. Got my hopes up, and let me down. Anyway, I've got Maui and Flo in the mix now, which should be interesting sativas to grow in my small space.

To note, both Flo and Blueberry (not Auto) were bred by DJ Short decades ago from Afghani and Purple Thai parents. Though their lineage is very similar, the effects and growth habits of the two children are very different. It'll be interesting to see what each of us grow. Maybe a bud swap if I ever make it to the FR?

Re: It's all in the high..

Blueberry is gonna do great. At Leafly, Blueberry is listed as having Afghani, Thai, and Purple Thai parents - the latter two being sativas, which lends itself to taking on characteristics of a more tropical plant. From all the reviews, however, I would expect nothing but an indica dominant plant with indica effects. Nice for sleep, they say. I would look to Moby D for the sativa buzz, which it's highly known for producing. With White Widow and Haze genetics, it's gonna be bomb.

Mystery Seed #1 from my first batch of seeds was showing some very strong sativa traits, and I was getting all excited until it started growing nanners. Got my hopes up, and let me down. Anyway, I've got Maui and Flo in the mix now, which should be interesting sativas to grow in my small space.

To note, both Flo and Blueberry (not Auto) were bred by DJ Short decades ago from Afghani and Purple Thai parents. Though their lineage is very similar, the effects and growth habits of the two children are very different. It'll be interesting to see what each of us grow. Maybe a bud swap if I ever make it to the FR?

Hmm, I didn't know that about Flo. Maybe I shall put her on the list of strains to grow in the future. Bud swap would be great. I'll throw in some of my Blue Widow in there and it'll be great to have another opinion on it. It's a very nice smoke. Doesn't get you overly stoned, in fact I would say after one bowl it leaves you just high enough that you know you're high but still very high functioning. My favorite part is breaking the nugs apart and having the blueberry aroma come out.

Day 37, ladies are looking healthy. They seem to have taken well to the nutes. I slightly up the dosage to 2tsp per gallon of water. Right now the Moby Dick is far more thirsty than the Blueberry is. The Moby Dick's soil drys up about two days quicker than the Blueberry.

The Blueberry is hanging in there without her training wheel. She was LSTing herself as she tried to get the strength to keep herself upright. She has just started to show some pistils. Leaves still look very much like a sativa for being 75% indica dominate.

The Moby Dick is doing quite well, she seemed to like the LST thst I had her in for the last five days. She spent two and half days tilted to the left and another two and half days tilted to the right to even things out.

Blueberry

image29832.jpg
image29833.jpg

Moby Dick

image29830.jpg
image29831.jpg

Looking good whitty, according to dinafem their moby dick is a thirsty bugger so everything seems on track :tokin:

autos are looking nice my brother I wanted to ask you how did you germ your autos I will be getting mine soon in the mail and I want to pop one a.s.a.p. I was thinking of soaking in water for 24 hours then strait in to the soil in a 3 gallon pot

:surf:

autos are looking nice my brother I wanted to ask you how did you germ your autos I will be getting mine soon in the mail and I want to pop one a.s.a.p. I was thinking of soaking in water for 24 hours then strait in to the soil in a 3 gallon pot

:surf:

I soaked my seeds in water for three days so that the taproot was about 1/4" on an inch, then put them right into the soil, where they have remained. I'm using 2gal containers, it'll keep the plants on the smaller side of things. I'll leave my 7 gallon containers for the photo plants, I can control their growth a little more. What strains did you pick up?

I soaked my seeds in water for three days so that the taproot was about 1/4" on an inch, then put them right into the soil, where they have remained. I'm using 2gal containers, it'll keep the plants on the smaller side of things. I'll leave my 7 gallon containers for the photo plants, I can control their growth a little more. What strains did you pick up?

3 x pack of Advanced seeds Somango Auto flowering Feminized Seeds

1 x Pyramid seeds White Widow Auto flowering Feminized Seed

1 x free Advanced seeds Blue Diesel Auto flowering Feminized Seed

1 x free Big Head seeds Freeze Berry Auto flowering Feminized Seed

1 x free Paradise seeds Delahaze Feminized Seed and 2 X Afghani Regular Seeds

not sure what strain I will plant when they get here yet this will be my first autos I plan on putting a auto and the clone I got to root in one tent and put the plant I have with the scrog in flower

That Freeze Berry sounds pretty interesting. What are the genetics behind that strain?

Subbed... have Blueberry (regular) started. Have 6 in soil and 1 more still germinating in wet paper towel. Will toss the boys and let the girls grow. Hoping to clone the nicest lady. Good luck with your girls.

Subbed... have Blueberry (regular) started. Have 6 in soil and 1 more still germinating in wet paper towel. Will toss the boys and let the girls grow. Hoping to clone the nicest lady. Good luck with your girls.

Very nice plans you've got there! Maybe one day I'll have space for 6 plants. Thank you for the words of encouragement and the same to you as well, good luck!

DSC_11652.JPG
DSC_11663.JPG
Id say lst ur autos at this time will just slow them down even more. They have started to flower.im sorry to say but i dont think ur autos will get that much bigger is structure.as they started there first few weeks of life with little light.i hope u pull some nice bud and good job.but autos aint like normal plants any stress will murder a good yield.i see alot of people using cfls to veg autos but honestly i dont see any point.they have a shorter life than a normal plant and need the best start in life with good light.i use 600 watt hps for veg and flowet always have done.here is my autoultimate on my current grow she is 15 days old.training in flower can also stress shock an auto alot .u need to use the veg time to play with size and get ur auto how u want it. in flower u should let an auto do its own thing and take good care.best of luck rest of ur grow il be watchin :) happy growing every1;)

Back
Top Bottom