Salchipapa27's - Crop King Seeds - Blueberry Grow

The blueberry from cks is a photo period so as long as your on 18/6 you can veg them for as long as you want or how ever big you want them to get they wont start to flower till you go to the 12/12 light schedule

Wow, im on super noob with the research then because I always thought photoperiod and regular seeds were different :laughtwo: Cool, so does that include signs of sex? I wont see if its a female or male untill its light schedule is switched? I want to wait untill its atleast 1 1/2 feet tall or 2 feet maybe because I know they grow a little more in flowering. How was your experience with them Solovoodoo? Im subbed to our journal and excited everytime I see those blueberry growing!

Still looking great man. I got a 5 week old bag seed that still hasn't shown sex yet. I hate putting in all the time and effort to train a male but it's all part of the game. Good job man keep em healthy

Believe me I know what you mean, thats why I have them in starter pots before I move them to their finishing pot because last time i put a seed into a big pot and wasted some soil, nutes, and time, light, space for a male. But this time if one of the blueberry is a male im going to use VilliageIdiot's method of collecting pollen and try to cross it with my next grow which is gonna be the Purple kush from CKS

The preflowers should show when the plant is mature or you can force them to show their sex by inducing the 12/12.

Yes you can get them to show sex with the 12/12 once they show you can switch them back to 18/6 to keep vegging them to get them bigger but any point after three weeks is when most like to show on there own with pre flowers before flowering. My cks blueberries took there time showing i think i waited almost 2.5 weeks for first preflower and out of three i ended up with one male i didnt have the time or space or i would of been doing a pollen collection. Anywho everything is looking good here :thumb: :goodjob:

SoloVoodoo thanks for that info! theyre at about 3 weeks-ish so ill check one more time today if i see any signs at all for pre flowers if not im going to switch to 12/12 and then once pre flowers are shown switch back. :thumb:

c250d402b4b95e28a7be3e4f3dc1cbac.jpg
1f8ea0b3016aa6e449d7fd7a840895cb.jpg
not sure if 420 will remove these but my phone redirects me from posting on the web to 420. So anyway. Theyre alive! No signs of pre flowers yet. Just fed them yesterday and water as the chaser. Hope to see some sex signs soon. .

Thank you! still waiting on signs of sex :/

I can totally relate lol. I spotted what appears to be the first signs of sex yesterday... the plants were a little bigger than yours, but not much. Give it another week or so? Funny thing is, when you see the first signs... you actually have to be patient again, because they need to grow out a little bigger before you can actually tell lol... gardening is definitely a patience exercise. Turtles are good masters for this. :) Anyways, may them show their sexy sexes swiftly and soundly! I got my fingers crossed for you.

I can totally relate lol. I spotted what appears to be the first signs of sex yesterday... the plants were a little bigger than yours, but not much. Give it another week or so? Funny thing is, when you see the first signs... you actually have to be patient again, because they need to grow out a little bigger before you can actually tell lol... gardening is definitely a patience exercise. Turtles are good masters for this. :) Anyways, may them show their sexy sexes swiftly and soundly! I got my fingers crossed for you.

Lol thanks! yea it definitely is all about patience. I could wait if they were already feminized I wouldn't worry too much but since theyre regular seeds I want to grab clones of the healthiest female and isolate whatever males I find to grab pollen. Lots of work. but itll be worth it!

UPDATE. ANXIETIES AND FEARS.
Yesterday I took these pictures. I fed them very little nutes as I noticed some leaves are getting a little bit of what I believe to be some sort of nute burn regardless of the actual deficiency i'm just going to cut back on the nutes and continue with more water over nutes. I used a jeweler loop over my s7 edge camera. Yes that was totally a promo for them And I found these ball like pollen sac like looking things. I HOPE TO NATURE that they will swell up and shoot out calyxes but who knows. Anyway enough tooking here are the pics.
20160414_113547.jpg
20160414_113631.jpg
20160414_113646.jpg

Yes. I wanted to use one to harvest its pollen. But also majority females wouldnt be bad either

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420

I have one healthy blueberry looking like shes about to pop calyxes im about to move her to a new pot. I might hold off on the pollen catching right now due to my space situation and I'd have to do more research on the breeding genetics. so hopefully the other two "runt" -ish blueberries pull through as females giving me at least a somewhat decent male/female ratio from the popped seeds. Pictures will come soon! possibly later today or tuesday!

2 blueberry down. 3 more to go. heres some pics of theyre doing.
20160419_133640.jpg
20160419_140803.jpg
20160419_140818.jpg
this last one here is a nirvana freebie. if anyone had anything nirvana that looked like that let me know so I can determine what it might be! :thumb:

Does anybody know if once the pistils start showing like just started showing to switch over to bloom nutes?

Back
Top Bottom