Brown stigma/pistils during pre-flowering

What is she tryna tell me? Its been 10 days since I flipped them into 12/12. Theyre 36 days old now.

shes still in pre-flowering stage and gently developing white pistils, no buds at all yet. But some of the white pistils or stigmas w.e u want to call them has turned into brown.
I assume that pistils should turn into brown when the buds are ripening(?)

On the first week I gently started to include BioBizz Bloom with bio-Grow by following the biobizz chart, and on the 2nd week reduced the amount Bio-grow and even tried couple times Atami ATA PK13-14 with low dosages (0.7-1ml/l)

First week feed (ml/liter):
1.5ml Bio-Grow
1.5ml Bio-Bloom
1.2ml Bio-Cal/Mag
1ml Bio-Topmax
——
1ml Bio-Grow
2ml Bio-Blom
1ml Bio-Cal/Mag
1ml Topmax

Start of the Second week:
1ml Bio-Grow
1.3ml Bio-Bloom
1ml Cal/Mag & Topmax
1ml Atami PK13-14

And the growing medium is BioBizz Light mix soil (which is very lightly fertilized)
See the pictures below. Should I reduce Bio-Grow even more? Low as 0.5ml with 2-2.5ml Bloom or just use Atami ATA PK13-14 only? Or which one you would prefer: continue with Bio-Grow & Bloom together or just use PK-nutrient?

I feel like they’re starting to develop buds very slowly even tho the stretch is almost over. And the brown pistils (only on one plant) concerns me :hmmmm:

If yall fellow magaziners have any tips for me I would be very grateful!

Might be hard to see the right color of pistil due the reddish HPS lamp:
39DA88AB-0FA1-475E-B279-58C46ED81012.jpeg

Leaves and overall/true color of plants when lights off (Should I reduce Nitrogen amounts already?)
213876F8-AF05-41DD-A6E4-E18F98CCA663.jpeg

Also going to defolate them more after I see where the best bud sites going to be (to not defolate crucial leaves off at this stage)

Any1?

Today was a watering day and decided to try biobizz products only:
2ml/l Bio-grow
3ml/l Bio-bloom
1ml/l Bio-topmax & cal/mag

bio grow NPK is 4-3-6 and bloom 2-7-4, so the mixture is still kinda N-emphasized. And Im worrying about feeding them too much N which could be the reason for the odd pistil growth?

Hi @Verbalist - looking good
Yes I'd reduce the Gro unless she looks hungry but I don't see any Vera/Alga/Heaven?
I had best results giving plain water & Root Juice every third/fourth watering
And yes, too much Gro certainly can interfere with flowering - mine stalled for about two weeks I'm sure
Don't overdo the PK either, just once or twice 3-4 weeks into flower, not with every watering or you will run into other problems
Only other problem I've had is pH drop over time - another good reason for the plain water (6.3-6.5) cycle

Hi @Verbalist - looking good
Yes I'd reduce the Gro unless she looks hungry but I don't see any Vera/Alga/Heaven?
I had best results giving plain water & Root Juice every third/fourth watering
And yes, too much Gro certainly can interfere with flowering - mine stalled for about two weeks I'm sure
Don't overdo the PK either, just once or twice 3-4 weeks into flower, not with every watering or you will run into other problems
Only other problem I've had is pH drop over time - another good reason for the plain water (6.3-6.5) cycle
Hi thanks for the reply.
Dont have the whole arsenal of BioBizz products sadly. Am I good with those that I already have or are they all actually designed to ”money off-method”, like I need them all for a decent results?

Since theyre made to all work together Im wondering if I reduce the gro to the minium and increase bloom, are they gonna work out as wanted?
or should I change into Atami PK nutrient and buy some 1component nute for blooming which includes all the necessary micro elements?

pH should be fine around 6.5 (its very soft tap water here so Cal/Mag is necessary) and the tap water pH is between 7-8. Plus I usually take 10l bucket filled ready so the water has time to oxidize

Hi thanks for the reply.
Dont have the whole arsenal of BioBizz products sadly. Am I good with those that I already have or are they all actually designed to ”money off-method”, like I need them all for a decent results?

Since theyre made to all work together Im wondering if I reduce the gro to the minium and increase bloom, are they gonna work out as wanted?
or should I change into Atami PK nutrient and buy some 1component nute for blooming which includes all the necessary micro elements?

pH should be fine around 6.5 (its very soft tap water here so Cal/Mag is necessary) and the tap water pH is between 7-8. Plus I usually take 10l bucket filled ready so the water has time to oxidize
What you have will work out fine
One's called Grow, one's called Bloom - use accordingly
Best not to muck about with nutes, the guys in the lab get paid an awful lot to get it right

What is she tryna tell me? Its been 10 days since I flipped them into 12/12. Theyre 36 days old now.

shes still in pre-flowering stage and gently developing white pistils, no buds at all yet. But some of the white pistils or stigmas w.e u want to call them has turned into brown.
I assume that pistils should turn into brown when the buds are ripening(?)

On the first week I gently started to include BioBizz Bloom with bio-Grow by following the biobizz chart, and on the 2nd week reduced the amount Bio-grow and even tried couple times Atami ATA PK13-14 with low dosages (0.7-1ml/l)

First week feed (ml/liter):
1.5ml Bio-Grow
1.5ml Bio-Bloom
1.2ml Bio-Cal/Mag
1ml Bio-Topmax
——
1ml Bio-Grow
2ml Bio-Blom
1ml Bio-Cal/Mag
1ml Topmax

Start of the Second week:
1ml Bio-Grow
1.3ml Bio-Bloom
1ml Cal/Mag & Topmax
1ml Atami PK13-14

And the growing medium is BioBizz Light mix soil (which is very lightly fertilized)
See the pictures below. Should I reduce Bio-Grow even more? Low as 0.5ml with 2-2.5ml Bloom or just use Atami ATA PK13-14 only? Or which one you would prefer: continue with Bio-Grow & Bloom together or just use PK-nutrient?

I feel like they’re starting to develop buds very slowly even tho the stretch is almost over. And the brown pistils (only on one plant) concerns me :hmmmm:

If yall fellow magaziners have any tips for me I would be very grateful!

Might be hard to see the right color of pistil due the reddish HPS lamp:
39DA88AB-0FA1-475E-B279-58C46ED81012.jpeg

Leaves and overall/true color of plants when lights off (Should I reduce Nitrogen amounts already?)
213876F8-AF05-41DD-A6E4-E18F98CCA663.jpeg

Also going to defolate them more after I see where the best bud sites going to be (to not defolate crucial leaves off at this stage)
I'm having the issue with older (first to appear) pistols. I have not been to concerned because they are some of the first that came out. I just thought that is was more towards normal considering how early they flowered.

I'm having the issue with older (first to appear) pistols. I have not been to concerned because they are some of the first that came out. I just thought that is was more towards normal considering how early they flowered.
That actually lighten my weight :D
Yeah those brown pistols only appers on my pheno #1 which was the first plant who started to show sex on early as 21 days old. Also pheno #1 was the first plant developing actual pistils. Pheno 2 & 3 came a week later.
Might be as well that those brown pistils are the ”oldest pistils” the plant has developed so they turned into brown already.

I was just super worried if those brown turning pistils are some sign of nutrient excess/overdose.. :oops: And ye, u might question why would brown pistols be a sign of any kind of symptom? My logic was simple: since the stretch is almost over so the plant is focusing now to develop whole lot more pistils, pistils everywhere. So thought at this stage OD symptoms could be visible through the stigmas first, before the problem spreads into the leaves.

Back
Top Bottom