BT'z 2nd Grow: Super Lemon Haze & Golden Leaf

Had great fun hanging out and trimming. Btw the “NEW” thing with the Lyft was because it was a new car without a license plate not a new driver thank goodness. He was actually super cool, I gave him a nug of your Rey as a tip and he decided he was done driving for the day. :rofl:
Now that's AWESOME! Love to share the kindness around.

BT, looks like you have advanced quickly.. Hella good looking dry room.. Some weight in there, though I thought the colas would be a bit bigger.. Dense as hell I am sure... Great Harvest man... Good show... Green day and to all
MaddHacker your compliment is greatly appreciated. I too was hoping for a bit more of a yield, but I haven't done a final weight so we shall see. It does feel good to have achieved two nice grows back to back.

U never know. If theyre as heavy and dense as they look on the pics! Average 6oz a plant you have 30 off the 5.. it aint hard and there's some big ass colas there haha
Thanks, I'm going to start clipping off some of the smaller buds today and tomorrow and placing in Jars. There are some nicely dense buds and colas stacked in there so will keep the progress coming.

Congrats on the harvest BT! Those hangers look really frosty and the bubble hash should be a fun experience. Every time I watch a vid on it I think it looks like way too much work though :).
Thanks, it was a really fun harvest and wet trim.

I'm not into lots of work and have watched several videos that outline an easier looking shortcut. So will try and have nothing to lose. Will keep posted if it works with photos.

Fortunately that was only 1 plant out of 5. This morning I was able to spend time final trimming the buds from the SLH Lemon Sisters. They came into my region of expectations. I had wanted to hit somewhere between 1.5oz to 2oz per plant.

So the final dry weight for the Lemon Sister is as follows:
Stella at 38 grams. She was taller but only had 4 primary branches from the manifold.
Sheila at 52grams. Had 6 primary branches from manifold.

A total of 90grams equals 3.17oz. Adding the GrapeApe yield of 28.9gm brings the total to 118.9gm or 4.19oz. Still under my my goal but ay 1.39oz not exactly that far off either.

At this point if the Gold Leaf come in somewhere close to 3oz total I will be very happy indeed. So hopefully get it trimmed tomorrow.

Final weight for the Gold Leaf "Golden Girls" Gilda and Goldie. Goldie produced 16grams. Gilda produced 31grams. For a total of 47grams or 1.65oz.

Buds for the most part of both the SLH and the Gold Leaf were nice and dense, with really nice colas tops.

Over all the total for this grow turns out to be 137grams or 4.83 ounces. The appearance quality of the buds in my opinion were much higher with definitely much tighter looking buds through out over Rey from my previous grow.

Several lessons learned:

First: The rhythm and timing of a grow and when to start the next grow.
I feel that a 7-8 week veg cycle is perhaps going to be a sweet spot especially with LST/Manifolding along with pre-flowering defoliation/grooming. Will look to time seed drops or cloning along those lines.

Second: Pre-Flowering Defoliation. The pre-flowering defoliation should have at least a week to 10days of recovery before the flip. This was done with the current 3rd grow, although they actually had a bit longer. It will be interesting to see if yield increases.

Third: More manifolding for photo plants. At least 8 branches. The difference between the 4 branch and 6 branch plants was definitive. Even GrapeApe had 5 branches and it's yield fell in between the 4's and 6's. My current 3rd grow actually has a couple of plants with only 2 branches and the others 3 branches. They started off much taller and fuller with veg growth. It will be interesting to see the results.

Four: Increase Nutrients, There was a concerted effort to see what type of grow would come out of a limited how low can we go nutrient mix. It worked well for veg and didn't actually produce any real dangers during flowering. However, at the current cost per gallon of mix it's not really an issue to bump the amounts upwards.

Five: Temperatures were slightly challenging but managed to be kept under 85F when lights were on. Humidity never exceeded 65%. I feel a better management of the light schedule might help, especially when running two tents in a closed garage with very little air flow except when opened to park. I have a couple of other ideas that might help also.

Over all I feel the grow was a good lesson and effort. The yield was about the same as the yield from my 1st grow. I question if perhaps there could be a limiting factor with the growing space being 5 square feet. I have plenty of head room, although that might be challenged with this 3rd grow that is starting now.

I have several bags of wet trim currently in the refrigerator and will process for bubble hash hopefully tomorrow morning. Will perhaps create a separate thread with regards to my efforts with that.

@FelipeBlu and I did do a single smoke test of some loose bud that was on the floor of the drying tent. It was very strong, however as expected didn't have much of a taste and created a headband effect. Patience and curing at least 4 weeks should produce a very nice smoke. Fragrance is beginning to develop with GrapeApe and it has a fruity note.

Congrats on the harvest and thanks for the full report! Sounds like a lot of lessons learned in addition to some nice buds :).

The square footage of your tent is your biggest constraint. Height comes into play only once the plants spread out and stretch with an even canopy (no popcorn), unless you have incredible light penetration down the to lowers.

If you have a umol meter do you know what the tops vs lowest flowers got toward the end?

Congrats on the harvest and thanks for the full report! Sounds like a lot of lessons learned in addition to some nice buds :).

The square footage of your tent is your biggest constraint.

If you have a umol meter do you know what the tops vs lowest flowers got toward the end?

Thanks Shed, I was a great learning experience. I have been feeling all along that I can only expect so much from a small foot print and am please to this point with the results. Given the current price of bottom shelf ounces at dispensary prices of around $100-125 I feel my 10ounces more that compensates for the capital equipment cost invested to this point.

I did make some measurements along the way with my quantum PAR meter. Tops were running above 600 PAR around the outside of the tent and close to 700 PAR towards the center and growing area. Around 12" from the tops was measuring above 300PAR dropping to 250ish around the sides. I consider these values to be pretty damn good for 220watts of LED full spectrum light.

There was a lot of Larf with Rey, very little actually with this grow. Most buds regardless of size were much tighter and well formed. This could have something to do with the quality level of the SLH and GL seeds. The GrapeApe had good shaped and tight buds just the Pheno produced a very leggy plant with bud development confined to nodes that spread out during stretch.

I hear what you are saying about spreading out the branches and getting more light directly across the entire growing area. Will need to consider how to do that with the higher number of plants, but understand it would be a much more viable option with only two plants in larger containers.

Smoke Report in Three Part harmony!

First Up: Gold Leaf from 420 - at 4 and half weeks of cure this Bud is for me! Wow! I have take about a gram and ground it up for the Arizer Air with Bong Adapter.

1st tests - I sampled several loads with multiple sessions per load. It vaped through the bong extremely smooth. Additionally there was little to no aroma. The High was very quick to build up with intensity. I have decided I need to moderate some of my bong rips when I'm test sampling. The high was very sedative. Not a couch lock, but just extreme relaxxxx and chill. There is a hint of the Sativa in the background. Keeps you alert in the middle of feeling light.

2nd test - I wanted to get a comparison and taste of this flower through a regular bong rip with fire. I have a small clean and double chamber glass piece that is reserved for first hits. Packed the bowl with a little finger nail size bud and lit it up.
Once again an extremely smooth smoke. Possibly even smoother this way than the Vape. Interesting there was basically no aroma. I did two of this bowl's, several hits each. Watered the flower tent girls and adjust the straps on the UK Cheese in between. The "High" was actually better and more intense, yet the same in all of the factors.

Take away: A very strong sedative high that allows for alertness to pay attention. Perhaps a great movie smoke. Little to no aroma or taste. Hoping perhaps that something may develop with some more curing time. This is a great bedtime smoke. It lends to a very nice deep slumber. Wake up a little too early and vape a couple of hits and get another 2-3hrs almost immediately. I really like this flower and very pleased with my choice of seed. I bought 10 at a discount of about $70 and took clones from this grow, so I have another two plants following this. Four plants and still 8 seeds remaining. Nice!

2nd Up: Super Lemon Haze from 420 - This plant has definitely lived up to it's expectations.

1st test with Arizer Vape. Ground up a very sticky bud and placed in the Bong adapter for the Arizer. Pulled through and was very smooth of course. No aroma or taste at this point. Typically there isn't that much with the vape and bong. Fast acting high with a cooling around the mouth and nose and up into the sinuses.

2nd test with clean smoking bong used for testing. Once again as with the Gold Leaf there was no Aroma or Taste at this point of the curing. The high was fast moving and taking effect within just a few minutes. Same chill around mouth and nose and into the sinuses.

This breed is supposed to be an 80/20 Sativa Dom Hybrid. It is certainly true to it's word. The THC rating by 420 is supposed to be 22%. It most definitely has a very strong high. If this is 22% I'm not sure about plants that produce 27% or more. I smoked and sat back and watched a movie. The high was a great buzz with a clear and active head to watch a movie with. Very relaxed and yet alert.

Back
Top Bottom