Buddy ate my brownies

GreatLife4All

So... I have never tried brownies before... and still haven't.

I am a single man... for fifteen years now. I know how to cook very, very well.

But... a buddy of mine came over tonight and said he wanted some. Let's see, I have some extra leaf material, good butter, and a double boiler. And there are a lot of threads here at the site for recipes, hints, tips, and etc. I am set.

First, I make some butter. I had leaf material... but threw in a couple of nice sized buds as well. No harm in increasing the potency. Made the butter, no big deal.

Time for the brownies. I have several recipes that I like - and most of them use butter. So I get one of my favorite homemade fudge brownie recipes and simply substitute my butter for the butter in the recipe.

Cook up the brownies - they smell wonderful. My buddy thanked me and took them home - didn't even leave me one. Last time I cook that young man brownies.

I warned him that I didn't know dosing - so he should be careful. He did the typical... ate one and felt nothing. So he ate another one...

His friend just called me - he passed out after less than an hour :high-five:

I guess you don't really need to use good bud... or - alternatively - don't eat two of my brownies :yummy:

:Namaste:

Re: Buddy ate my brownies...

Funny story GL4A.

It's been ages since I had any brownies or edibles of any kind for that matter. You'll love this; last time I had any brownies my girl friend (at the time) and I were stupid high school kids. Keep in mind this is way before the internet! We thought making some brownies would be a fun way to get ourselves and our friends high during school hours without the smell of smoking or risk of getting caught. We had no idea how much pot to use or that we might want to infuse butter or oil with it first, so we put a whole oz of buds in a blender and chopped it up very finely (like powder) and just mixed it in with the brownie batter. The brownies would get you high (not real high) but they tasted so bad with all the chopped up weed in there that no one could eat more than a couple bites! Ended up throwing those out and getting some more to smoke!

Excellent story my friend :thumb:

That is exactly what my buddy wanted me to do... grind up a 1/2 oz and throw it into the brownies. I told him that I could do better because I had been looking at Canna Butter recipes earlier.

I talked to him today... he said it was the best high he has had for years. He apparently woke up after 20 minutes or so... and was way too high still. But he said it was also very different from smoking. More mellow, longer lasting, and more of an up. Not sure why he fell asleep then... but whatever.

He also said that due to the heavy fudge flavoring that I used - it had just a hint of mint flavor. I was proud of that review.

Awesome story GL4A and indeed a review of which to be proud. Did you add any mint flavoring or was plant that produced the leaf material a naturally "minty" type variety?

No. I used some White Widow that I had grown outdoors. The buds were a little rough looking, but very potent. You could definitely smell the "mint" taste once I had made the butter. Most of the "taste" had baked off by the time the brownies were done. You could smell just a light hint of something different.

Far easier to get tasty treats using infused butter, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom