Buds on leaf stems?

rachell411

420 Member
Hi im a novice grower but i tried simple low strain training on one of my plants when was near budding just give it a go and it amazing but have noticed some of my big fan leaves have either a nug or start of a nug is this normal ? I cant find anything online so was wondering if anyone else had had this issue and what should i do? Normally i remove the big fan leaves when flowering but obvs dont want to if got bud on it

Like this?

FRom our friends at Sensi Seeds:

Top 10 Craziest Cannabis Mutations - Sensi Seeds

6) Leaf buds
Typically, flower sites on cannabis plants occur at the nodes, at the same point that the petioles (stalks of leaves) originate from. However, a relatively common mutation can cause buds to form at the other end of the petiole, at the base of the leaves themselves. This is sometimes called a piggyback mutation.

-10-Craziest-Cannabis-Mutations-Leaf-buds-1024x680.jpg

Cannabis Mutations – Leaf buds
This mutation is unusual and interesting in appearance, and is often thought to be advantageous due to the extra bud sites. However, in reality it is probably better to remove these leaves as soon as they are observed, as buds yielded from these sites are usually tiny, and take up nutrients that could be put towards developing your main flower sites.

Back
Top Bottom