Buren's First Hydro Grow: Blue Mystic, 2016

Mine have recovered pretty well, including one with growth tip that I cut and snapped by accident :p
Just give it some time, nature will find its way :)

So here's a quick little update on how my girls are recovering. The growth tips have resumed..... growing I can't think of another word lol. Sorry for the blurriness, I must have forgotten to turn off the fan when taking pics.

20170104_223325.jpg
20170104_223332.jpg
20170104_223335.jpg
20170104_223341.jpg

despite my mishandling and almost ripping off the growth tip... nature is amazing!
20170104_223635.jpg

Alright everyone, sorry for disappearing! I realized not much goes on during the grow really haha so I just forgot to keep my journal updated. Anyways, I just did the second training about a week ago. Here are some pictures of the aftermath.

20170112_193513_resized.jpg
20170112_193506_resized.jpg
20170112_193445_resized.jpg
20170112_193502_resized.jpg
20170112_193452_resized.jpg
20170112_193457_resized.jpg

Trying very hard to keep that last one stuck together! Anyways, those were after the training so here are the most recent pictures!

20170119_121525_resized.jpg
20170119_121615_resized.jpg
20170119_121602_resized.jpg
20170119_121624_resized.jpg
20170119_121529_resized.jpg

Yup, I used chopsticks to support that split stem lol. Anyways, I will be adding more nutes this Sunday since I am vegging it longer. I am hoping they'd get at least 2 feet before I switch them to flower.

Thanks! I've been thinking of doing that with the chopsticks actually. Maybe cut it since it's already stuck in and use it to support the split stem

Plants are looking amazing.
I'll be starting my 1st grow next month. 4 plants (dwc) in a 4x4 also running 3 Leds. I have 2 Mars Hydro 600's coming Monday and I have a 3rd 600 watt of a different brand hanging now.
It's great leaning watching grows with similar setups.
Good luck
Crashdog

Thanks! Good luck with your grow too! If you're going to do a journal link me!
I am running a 4x4x7 tent and 2 Mars600 is enough fyi!

HI mittens! Thanks for the compliment but it is my first time growing! I did spend 4 months reading on growing nonstop before I started though haha.
The reason I chose hydro is for simplicity. I don't have to water the plants since they're in water already, and I don't need to buy soil as well. I also think problems are easier fixed in hydro than in soil. I think the main difference in results between soil and hydro is the taste but don't quote me on that haha. Hopefully someone who has grown hydro and soil can answer this for us!

Oh stop making me blush haha. I think I just spend a lot of time to spend with my girls. Even in a recirculating dwc system, I still check my girls twice daily and the ppm & ph as well. Also all the reading I've done have helped me avoid and fix most problems thankfully. I read thru your first grow and yours look amazing too to be honest!

Yeah, I still do at least one check on them daily. More often if they are needing attention of any sorts.

My first grow was a gong show...lol
And the plants looked better than they actually were. They didn't produce that much. I looked back now and was reminded of how nice the main-lined plant was...in terms of the nice even colas it produces. Now I'm hoping that it will produce some great yields.

Alright time for another update, it has now been 7 weeks since I started from seed. I just added the last batch of nutes and hydroguard for veg phase. Moved lights higher now about 23-24 inch from top hopefully to promote more vertical growth. Today I also decided to do an experiment and that is to defoliate 2 of my girls.

First let me explain why I decided to do the experiment; I just can't find a straight answer for or against it! So I figured what best way to find out than to try it out myself. I chose the girls in the back because they are very bushy and short, I guess I didn't train them to grow far apart so a lot of growth are covered up. Here's a picture taken today before the "stripping".

20170121_110028.jpg

and after:

20170121_114619.jpg

Here are the close up of the two girls in the back. I am amazed how the split stem actually grew back together.

20170121_114633.jpg
20170121_114629.jpg

The girls in front are my pride and joy as they are growing nice and flat and spread apart far enough for light to shine through. So I decided to not strip them so I can compare results. I did tie down branches that are growing too tall to try keep progress the same. I took about an hour of the beginning of their dark period so hopefully around 6 hours of darkness will give them time to recover. Will update how the girls are reacting so wish me luck!

Subbed look forward to seeing your plants grow and learn something in the process. Can't decide over cabinet or grow tent.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

HI mittens! Thanks for the compliment but it is my first time growing! I did spend 4 months reading on growing nonstop before I started though haha.
The reason I chose hydro is for simplicity. I don't have to water the plants since they're in water already, and I don't need to buy soil as well. I also think problems are easier fixed in hydro than in soil. I think the main difference in results between soil and hydro is the taste but don't quote me on that haha. Hopefully someone who has grown hydro and soil can answer this for us!

I agree with all your logic above especially the part about being easier to correct problems.

I believe the main difference between soil / hydro is growth. Hydro grows a lot bigger and more quickly. Yields should be significantly larger with hydro.

Most people agree that soil grown tastes the best though.

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

Subbed look forward to seeing your plants grow and learn something in the process. Can't decide over cabinet or grow tent.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Grow tent! They are cheap and extremely effective. I have built a plywood grow cabinet before and it was a huge waste of time and money.

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.

Back
Top Bottom