Buying grow equipment in the UK

Animist

Hi everybody,

I planning to buy equipment to set up a grow room, and I'd like to know, is it absolutely necessary to pay cash, get delivered to a mates house etc, or is that just for the paranoid? I cant imagine the pigs going through all the hydro stores sales records and raiding people who buy the necessary equipment.... Or have you guys heard of anybody being raided this way?

Cheers.

Re: Buying grow eqipment in the UK

Yeah prism will of grabbed that shit! Seriously is it possible to get raided for buying just the equipment alone? if it happens in the USA there is every chance it will happen here...

Thanks mate.

As said, you can buy everything you need to grow, seeds also, its not illegal in the UK, but your not aloud to do so. I've bought loads of stuff on line and never had a prob. Just keep your gob shut and TELL NO ONE and all will be good. RR...

I've never had a problem at all, buying things mail order in the UK...

Of course.. if THEY were out to get you, they WOULD.

Discretion, discretion, discretion.

Friendships can and will turn sour... girlfriends can be another leaky bucket...

Say nothing to as few people as you possibly can.

Prealbo.

buy in physical stores in a distant city,pay in cash,you do not give information to anyone,put a hat and glasses,when you grow the Maria, this has to know only you and Maria

I got all my stuff online, to be safe I got it all delivered to another address and that card is not registered to my address.
It also depends why you are growing, I have heard rumours of certain shops being watched by the boys in blue but only act on huge orders.
If you have under 9 plants (seedlings and clones included) and you are not growing for profit the police won't bother.

My pal got raided (selected stolen goods, was a total mistake) but they got lucky and came across his grow.
He had 4 plants and 4 cuttings in the go, lights on and everything....they just uprooted the plants, out them in a bag and gave him a caution.

So yeah, if your doing it for profit then take every step you can to stay safe, if your growing for yourself don't stress as much.

I order all my first gear online direct from a grow shop with out a problem... basic full tent set up only a small tent mind you like 90cm by 90cm by 180cm, fan, hood, bulb, ballast including compost & nutrients even had it delivered to the door !

Still shop online from time to time for the odd bit, most of the time i drive to nearest hydroponic shop front and buy over the counter either cash or card on rare occasions.

Most UK hydro shop fronts refuse to serve you if you mention MJ tho...

Shop front customers are a funny bunch, i watch one guy load up sports bags with compost & other items into bag plastic bin bags, leave the shop & then walks 100 meters to his parked van (self employed window cleaner with name & telephone plastered on side of van)

Doh, did i just miss some thing... or a over paranoid customer make a massive stoner mistake !

If ya nipping into your local hydro shop front for a few bits no real point in walking out with a black plastic bin big = paranoid, suspicious person may as well grow some balls & walk out with a big brown cardboard box !

Oh ye it is best to look reasonable respective when visiting, NO big leaf logo's stamped on base ball cap or hoody etc

I order all my first gear online direct from a grow shop with out a problem... basic full tent set up only a small tent mind you like 90cm by 90cm by 180cm, fan, hood, bulb, ballast including compost & nutrients even had it delivered to the door !

Still shop online from time to time for the odd bit, most of the time i drive to nearest hydroponic shop front and buy over the counter either cash or card on rare occasions.

Most UK hydro shop fronts refuse to serve you if you mention MJ tho...

Shop front customers are a funny bunch, i watch one guy load up sports bags with compost & other items into bag plastic bin bags, leave the shop & then walks 100 meters to his parked van (self employed window cleaner with name & telephone plastered on side of van)

Doh, did i just miss some thing... or a over paranoid customer make a massive stoner mistake !

If ya nipping into your local hydro shop front for a few bits no real point in walking out with a black plastic bin big = paranoid, suspicious person may as well grow some balls & walk out with a big brown cardboard box !

Oh ye it is best to look reasonable respective when visiting, NO big leaf logo's stamped on base ball cap or hoody etc

Could agree more! Didn't know u were a UK grower fuzzy, should have payed attention to your avatar

"NO WAY is it illegal to buy grow equipment for home cultivation"
Not true, you can grow plants inside. Just not illegal ones... but if they cant prove anything they cant do anything.

Personally in the UK because all our towns/cities are tightly packed I wouldnt buy locally...never know whos watching or if the salesman is trustworthy. (Home invasions are on the rise! Criminals are watching for sloppy growers giving clues)
I go for the internet every time & on ebay so I can check location. Mostly your safe if you keep your mouth shut and dispose of trimmings anywhere other then your own bins.

I'm in the UK, I was looking 2 grow 4 or 5 autoflowers and I want to buy led lights from eBay but there is so much 2 choose from and knowing my luck I'd buy the worst 1s that don't work proper, could any1 give me advice or even pm me. 1st time on here and new to growing ur own. Cheers

I'm in the UK, North West area. Anyone ever had any underground uk strains, I've heard people have them but I don't personally know any growers. I'm just growing out my 1st plant on a budget Budget First Ever Grow - 1 Plant - CFL . I will be getting a 4x4 soon and after this grow ill get a 600w hps mh and a 4ich rhino fan with acoustic ducting and probably do 8in 6.5 Ltd pots and flower at ten inches. People say they get 16 in a tent that size with those pots and get a good yield. So ill try with 8 and flip when they are ten inch and see how big they get, wonder if there is room for 16 6.5 litre pots in a 4x4?

What's your set up in Uk?

Ever grown outside in Uk?

Peace

I haven't started growing yet in the UK but over here we need to be more careful of other people. My friend grows in Birmingham and his place got raided by some thugs because they were using drones with heat sensors and that's getting bigger in London. So all the dealers are nicking the ahit rather than growing now. All I can say is make it discreet as possible use low heat lights if your growing for yourself if the old bill come running in and only seenyour using a small tent with cfl they will slap u on the wrist but if you have the full Monty then be a bit carefully ornuse a basement or a growbox

white shark is top stuff used alongside rhizotonic, all available in the UK...LOL this is where I meant to reply

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420

Hi everybody,

I planning to buy equipment to set up a grow room, and I'd like to know, is it absolutely necessary to pay cash, get delivered to a mates house etc, or is that just for the paranoid? I cant imagine the pigs going through all the hydro stores sales records and raiding people who buy the necessary equipment.... Or have you guys heard of anybody being raided this way?

Cheers.

2 things to be concerned about and that not being paranoid.. if the shops are doing anything dodgy like Bristol seed bank.. smoking weed in store, selling seeds at same place as grow equipment the piggies watch it like a hawk with frequent raids on the shop.. steer clear from buying from them both in store and online.. greens and pro grow are both very reputable but never use a card in store.. no way of tracking and they don't use CCTV either so no traces.. second thing to watch out for is being followed home from the store by thieves and snakes.. they'll watch u home.. leave it a while break in steal your equipment and plants and not as of u can contact the police... both very unlikely but my local greens have signs up saying to be vigilant on way home.. Ideally eBay and have it sent to a trusted friends house.. don't wanna sketch you out but the less people that know your shit the better..

Back
Top Bottom