Buysser's Very First Grow - Mars II 1600 Watt Attic Grow Using Growology

You can never go wrong with a longer veg mate, just make sure your pots are big enough :)

Great point Skunny. Here's a few photos from this morning. My two skunk haze are moving about the net (with my encouragement) and the other three are heading towards the net. The pots are 5 gallon and really, all seems to be going well. Getting into a rhythm of watering and runoff so just need to learn how to trim for max everything. That's what I say........... Everything to the max!! :)

20141018_124457.jpg

Royal Queen critical is smelling the net.

20141018_124452.jpg

This is my small toxic. Hard to tell but it's about two inches from the net.

20141018_124429.jpg

Group shot.. Left rear is the haze that has been to the net for a week now.. Just finding spots to open up the lower buds for light.

:slide:

Yea mate, it won't take long. I'll keep my fingers crossed you have better luck than me & get a couple of girls :)

Thanks skunny. I felt your pain every step. I'm thinking I may have to do some strategy thinking.. my two skunk haze which are the only regular seeds I have are growing the best traveling thru the net nicely. The other three fem seeds are doing good just now moving about the net. I don't know how long I should let them go before flipping and then having to deal with the possible males. I bought a loupe yesterday and going to order a microscope this weekend. Decisions decisions.
The net is filling up. What great fun!! :)

20141025_121652.jpg

20141025_121702.jpg

As KJC says you need to get your net pretty full before the flip so you're a good while off yet. If you can raise any plants up that are struggling to fill out the net this will speed up the process. Just make sure you've got enough room between the pot & net to get in & water them & lollypop.
I've got my fingers & toes crossed you get girls from your regs :)

As KJC says you need to get your net pretty full before the flip so you're a good while off yet. If you can raise any plants up that are struggling to fill out the net this will speed up the process. Just make sure you've got enough room between the pot & net to get in & water them & lollypop.
I've got my fingers & toes crossed you get girls from your regs :)

Thank you my friend. I actually like that I fixed my net being to high by putting 6" shelves under the plant. It gets them off the ground where watering and trimming is not real hard.
I'm actually considering that as permanent and maybe even putting a second net 1 foot above that one like Colorado finest does to hold my GINOURMAS buds that are coming.

Good man :thumb: If you look at my grow, all my plants are off the ground, I use crates & planks to raise them up. I'm too old & knackered to be crawling on the floor to water my girls :)

Good man :thumb: If you look at my grow, all my plants are off the ground, I use crates & planks to raise them up. I'm too old & knackered to be crawling on the floor to water my girls :)

I know, could be one of the best mistakes I've made. Not only old but I got a big fat munchie belly I'm dragging around too.

So I found two lady bugs last night. distinctly different so I figure that one is a male and one is a female.makes me wonder if I have any friends of theirs around so I started inspecting really close tonight and the leaf I found that'sis the worst looks like it just had some munching down on it no other signs of any other critters but I do think I should be proactive. Gotta get pest control of some sort.

20141027_210122.jpg

Sierra Natural Sciences makes 2 products to kill spider mites and thrips and other insects SNS-217C Concentrate and SNS-209 Systemic Insect Control. I add 3-5 drops of Ivory Liquid Soap per gallon as a surfactant to help the spray stick to leaves and stems better. I would spray every 3 days for 2 weeks to kill adults and larvae as they hatch.

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-217c

https://sierranaturalscience.com natural pesticides sns-209

So is this a precaution or you thinking I have the varmits? last night I watched the YouTube that said to put vaseline on the main stock so they couldn't get up it. I thought interesting.

Yup, I effectively just carried out cannabis genocide on my plants. I noticed pests, figured to do a quick fix with dawn dish soap until the recommended product arrived but........... after researching not enough, I mixed up the wrong ratio of dawn to water and then that much thickness filled my spray head with soap and splattered on plants just enough to make a very sad next morning.
They were hanging low, yellow and spotted. Granted, there are leaves that didn't get splattered but not many per plant. Some none. They we're overdue for water so I watered with plenty of runoff but less growlogy and then the next morning I sprayed the leaves with a new mister I bought and held a towel under the leaves (trying to create a shower).
Tonight there are leaves shriveled up and brittle (many) and the others still have a film over them.. Not much improvement
I can hardly send this thread much less face the fact that this grow might be done.. It's the only time I've stepped out without really thinking this through. I was sure I read that this would be ok and maybe with the right dosages it would have been.. ?
Any thoughts?

dang it man super sorry to hear that. first I would have to say don't be embarrassed or what not about posting your mishaps. for one someone else, unfortunately on your behalf, will learn from this so you are doing everyone a service by continuing to post what happens. a green thumb and good grower isn't made in one grow and isn't perfect or good even for quite some time and will go through the ups and downs up are. not to mention a step to being a great grower is bringing plants out of the dump to big plumb buds.

as for the info you gathered, at proper ratios its definitely safe and effective, I too have used it but never had any get on the leaves before so I couldn't commit on that.

i wouldn't loose hope they will im sure recover with some TLC, just don't chop their heads off yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom