Buysser's Very First Grow - Mars II 1600 Watt Attic Grow Using Growology

You can mate, just hold it at the end of your lens when taking pics. I've not tried a USB microscope but I've had a couple of hand held ones & they were shite. Tiny little hole to view down which needed lining up with the bottom (not as easy as it sounds) & a nightmare to focus

I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Carson_Optical_MicroMax_LED_Microscope_60x-100x.png

Here is a Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x

Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x - Perfect Gardens

You want to start watering your plants more as you will get nutrient and salt build ups if you dont allow some runoff. My 5 gallon smart pots can be watered with 1.5 gallons with very little run off and they will drink the runoff up in about 15 mins. This is the mistake i have made on my first soil grow which i allowed NO runoff. I have now started flushing and will start watering with at least 2-3 gallons per smartpot. Im having nute build up and pH problems. Just my two cents.

I own a Hydrofarm Active Eye 30X jewelers Loupe, Carson Optical MicroMax LED Microscope 60x-100x and a 25X-200X Magnifier USB Digital Microscope Video Camera that I use to take trichome photographs.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Carson_Optical_MicroMax_LED_Microscope_60x-100x.png

Here is a Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x

Gro1 1.3MP USB LED Digital Microscope 10x & 300x - Perfect Gardens

That's what I call equipment. Thanks King!! Out on a purchasing spree tomorrow since I'm over the initial SHOCK of the room so I feel a little better about spending money.. Not so much my wife but.....

Can't wait to shop..

You want to start watering your plants more as you will get nutrient and salt build ups if you dont allow some runoff. My 5 gallon smart pots can be watered with 1.5 gallons with very little run off and they will drink the runoff up in about 15 mins. This is the mistake i have made on my first soil grow which i allowed NO runoff. I have now started flushing and will start watering with at least 2-3 gallons per smartpot. Im having nute build up and pH problems. Just my two cents.

Thanks Hunter. That confirms my suspicions but I wan't sure cause I'm a nervous newbie. Last night I gave them a gallon of RO with cal mag and had no runoff but the sides of the smart pot we're damp. Could have been from watering close to the edge but probably cause it was not enough water.
Thanks for the help!!
:thanks:
Been difficult to get a handle on it but they've been exhibiting signs of underwatering lately. Especially my skunk haze strain. Seems like they set the pace for watering..

When I was growing in soil I'd just water with a ph'd dose of humic/fulvic acid type additive every 3rd watering which helps the plant use up what's in the soil & stops build ups. I've heard others just using ph'd water every 3 or 4 waterings too

When I was growing in soil I'd just water with a ph'd dose of humic/fulvic acid type additive every 3rd watering which helps the plant use up what's in the soil & stops build ups. I've heard others just using ph'd water every 3 or 4 waterings too

Me to in fact, I just read that on a different forum here. I'm using growlogy step 2 and trying to follow it close for the testing purpose but didn't figure a dose of ro would hurt. Next watering I will be making sure I have some run off and maybe go to every other for fert and water.

My scrog net is 32" and I've got a couple that are getting close. I'm only going to put two in the net for now.

Thanks everyone

20141006_195642.jpg

Ps. My light is at 30"

I agree with KJC, scrog nets are best when lower to the plant. A lot of growers set the height wrong & it ends up as a support net rather than a training aid. So you still have easy access, keep the net at that height & raise the pots up :)

I agree with KJC, scrog nets are best when lower to the plant. A lot of growers set the height wrong & it ends up as a support net rather than a training aid. So you still have easy access, keep the net at that height & raise the pots up :)

Makes perfect sense. Going after six inch spacers. They'll hit the net, now the fun begins
Thanks

Nervous watering. Last night I watered with Growology step two and started with two gallons each pot. I'm in 5 gallon smart pots with a 17 inch saucer under that. I put two gallons in a couple, waited and had over an inch of runoff so I took out about half of that with a baster.
Then I used only 1.5 gallons and still had some runoff but of course not as much so I just took a bit out..
There was probably 1/2 inch in all of them when I went to bed and this morning the runoff is all gone.. Good watering? Suggestions? Just have to get that routine going to move thru to the end cause I don't think I'm doing any damage, just want the best for em.. .
Thanks all!!! Don't know what I would do without this thread..

things look great, I haven't been around for awhile and it looks like you have things running real smooth!!:bravo:

your watering tech sounds spot on, if there is no run off the next day and they drank it up...PERFECT!

things look great, I haven't been around for awhile and it looks like you have things running real smooth!!:bravo:

your watering tech sounds spot on, if there is no run off the next day and they drank it up...PERFECT!

Thank you sir... considering the start I had, I think there doing pretty good. I ask a lot of questions and follow advice..
Tks

Learning through doing. Still the most effective training method ever. :thumb:

I know and one has to survive those few bumps along the way too. Might even be a few more coming - counting on it.. Fortunately the street has been good to me lately with quality and price so it's been easier to endure the loooooooong wait.. First time that's happened ever...

Crap forgot to ask this quick question. After the big watering it dropped my soil level a couple three inches. Can I or should I add soil in the pots? Seems like the stem is down a bit too. Figured maybe when they need water then add soil and water.. Just my nervous newbie thoughts.

Sorry for two posts in a row

b

Back
Top Bottom