Buysser's Very First Grow - Mars II 1600 Watt Attic Grow Using Growology

and so here we are, plants are ranging insize from 8 inches to 15 inches and all are filling out nice. Pictures soon.I'm thinking I'm going to be transplanting to a 5 gallon pot here pretty soon,they seem like they're ready. One question I had is I see there are a lot of fan leaves should I go ahead and start before defoliating now even just a little bit at a time? I'm itching

I agree with Med, re-pot them then a couple of days later give them a good haircut.

Thanks Skunny and Med... What I ended up doing was gave three of them a small haircut, one really small and one none and then waited a couple of days and transplanted them. First grow I am a little nervous about cutting to much but on the ones I did the most on, I can see the sites opening up really nice. Is that the right terminology?? :rollingeyes: I just wanted to see comparisons...
Tallest one is 16" and shortest is 10".. Been in their medium for about a month now and I guess it's just grow, grow and grow some more. I really want to put them under a net but I'll wait till I have one or two plants going.. This one is for my inventory..
Here's a couple of quick shots of them in their new home. There a little droopy but tomorrow should be good health. Hard to convey how much I'm enjoying seeing some success considering the start..! And it will only get better so I can pass along help to others.......
Here's a few pics after transplant.

20140926_204940.jpg

20140926_204931.jpg

20140926_1940531.jpg

Transplant central. You might think that bucket full of dirt would tip over the piece of plywood right? Well it did...

The one gallon smart pots really made transplanting nice. Just turned the flap over and peeled it down the root ball. They all came out really nice but next time I would like to go right to the 5 gallons after the 4" pots I grow from seed.. i think..

:thanks:

hey man, does growing in the attic give you heat problems?

The short answer is no. It's becausethe room is well insulated, I used half inch plywood and caulked, sealed duct taped and put two layers of reflectix on the inside. On the floor I built it up and put 2 levels of insulation so the outside temperature has no effect on the inside. I haven't grown during a full blown winter but with the garage heated, and a convection heater in the room, it won't be a problem. I will be growing year round. I would definitely do it over again but I would buy a different air conditioner. This one is not performing well.

Hey buysser, no need to be scared of removing all the fan leaves buddy. Get them all off :) Here's mine from last Saturday & I'll take one tonight after work, you'll be amazed at what happens in 7 days:) Your plants are looking great by the way :thumb:

IMG_0017131.JPG

Don't be scared to strip em naked :)

and so here we are, plants are ranging insize from 8 inches to 15 inches and all are filling out nice. Pictures soon.I'm thinking I'm going to be transplanting to a 5 gallon pot here pretty soon,they seem like they're ready. One question I had is I see there are a lot of fan leaves should I go ahead and start before defoliating now even just a little bit at a time? I'm itching

I have a much different understanding of defoliation applied at the proper time line to enhance vegetative growth and flowering. You can see examples of how I defoliate and train my plants in my Grow Journals and Reviews. I would defoliate in vegetative growth 7-10 days before flowering to remove excess fan leaves and open more light to branches and nodes that become bud sites and colas. I defoliate in vegetative growth by removing any fan leaves that are excessively shading the branches and nodes to encourage the nodes to grow larger and produce more colas. I use Low Stress Training to tie the branches of my plants to the outer edge of the rim of the pots and each branch becomes its own bud site and cola. When I defoliate in preparation for flower I leave no more then 4 fan leaves at each growing top and remove the majority of the fan leaves, any fan leaf that shades a top and lower growth, this is a perfect time to select cuttings to root as clones from the plants you are about to place into flower. I defoliate in flower at days 21-25 of flower when the stretch phase has ended by removing lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud and any fan leaf that shades a bud site and again if required at day 45.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

There is a good example of how I defoliate in this Grow Journal and Review

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

The short answer is no. It's becausethe room is well insulated, I used half inch plywood and caulked, sealed duct taped and put two layers of reflectix on the inside. On the floor I built it up and put 2 levels of insulation so the outside temperature has no effect on the inside. I haven't grown during a full blown winter but with the garage heated, and a convection heater in the room, it won't be a problem. I will be growing year round. I would definitely do it over again but I would buy a different air conditioner. This one is not performing well.

Sounds like good setup man :thumb:

Here's tonights picture, 7 days since being naked :)

IMG_004757.JPG
IMG_004657.JPG

Get your scissors out :thumb:

Wowz skunny. I'm just finishing up a couple bongs and then heading up. First I've gotta clean up the 4 pounds of dirt I dumped. They perked up nice this morning and back to looking good

I laughed when you went into couch lock. Like a half hour of your life poof! I'm off to there.

I'm a big advocate of defoliation as a training tool, heavy defol sends all new shoots & branches into overdrive. The above pictures show there is nothing to be scared about & the plants love it :)

I'm a big advocate of defoliation as a training tool, heavy defol sends all new shoots & branches into overdrive. The above pictures show there is nothing to be scared about & the plants love it :)

Dude, I need to do some defoliation on my 'Night Queen' girls. They have gone mad. I, like you am not afraid to strip them girls down sometimes.

20141005_214602.jpg
20141005_214557.jpg

Sorry for the led picture

Couldn't stand it, had to put them under the net

been a while on the updates sorry.every now and then work have to get in the way to be able to afford the bills for the grow. Darn. pretty much just fertilizing with grow ola G number 2 I've done that twice and now tonight I went with straight ro with Cal Mag.so far I'm using about a gallon per five gallon smart pot of water each time I water I think that might even be a little bit underwatering because I have no run off at all. and while I have you on the phone. When do we start checking to see if they have balls or boobs?
have an awesome and amazing evening, I'm about ready to tip over

You can examine your plant now for pre flower white pistils that indicate a female cannabis plant.

Here is a male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Here is the female cannabis pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Often a female cannabis plant is given long enough vegetative growth will develop female pre flowers when the plant is sexually mature. Cannabis plants should show their sex in the first 21-28 days of flower.

You can examine your plant now for pre flower white pistils that indicate a female cannabis plant.

Here is a male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Here is the female cannabis pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Often a female cannabis plant is given long enough vegetative growth will develop female pre flowers when the plant is sexually mature. Cannabis plants should show their sex in the first 21-28 days of flower.

Thanks King.... Tonight's project is an examination. Been looking at microscopes and don't want to have to put a computer in my grow room so still looking. Any thoughts on that? Would like to get a good one, then I'm done..

Back
Top Bottom