8 O.G. Kush - LED 1200W First Grow!

20141120_221942.jpg

Here is one of my clones you can see the staggered nodes and pistols. I found one that was orange for contrast. That little pod with hairs is what you want.

That last picture is a 100% female. You can see the two red hairs out on each side. So all should be well for you. Keep it growing green. ..

Day 30!!! things are going great, in fact they're getting HUGE! So, I've carefully inspected my girls and as far as i can tell they're ALL female!!!!
I'm going to switch them to 12/12 tomorrow! it'll be 36 hours of TOTAL dark.

any advice would be great! thank you!!!!!!
IMG_68992.jpg
IMG_68983.jpg
IMG_68974.jpg

Looking great brother!!:bravo: I had some concerns about sexing mine once they're big enough, but once again, this site kicks ass!! I'm even more nervous about when it comes time to FIM and SCRoG them. Are you going the LST route or more drastic trimming? You have a lot of plants and I can see that getting time consuming when it comes time to train the plants. Keep it up man, everything looks awesome!!!

Looking great brother!!:bravo: I had some concerns about sexing mine once they're big enough, but once again, this site kicks ass!! I'm even more nervous about when it comes time to FIM and SCRoG them. Are you going the LST route or more drastic trimming? You have a lot of plants and I can see that getting time consuming when it comes time to train the plants. Keep it up man, everything looks awesome!!!

Thank you! as for trimming style...im not sure yet. i was going to ask CO Finest:)

If you switched them to flower you will want to wait too day 20 - 24 to do your trim. You must let the finial stretch take its course first. Now when ready look at each plant close. See all them leafs on the pot and you will see on the main stem above the soil some growth. That stuff can go. I am about to do the finial trim on mine in flower if you would like I can do a video to show you. If you see nodes growing out on the inside and you know they are not going to get much light if any they need to go. By removing them you will make the plant put all growth on the buds with light. If done right it can double your bud size by not wasting plants energy on popcorn. Now look at fan leafs as well BUT do not cut them off and I am talking about the fans in the middle and top of plant. You can tuck them down and allow light to hit buds if you see they are blocking light from a bud site.

CO Finest, you're awesome! ill be sure to give them the time they need before trimming. if you would record your trimming that would be amazing! thank you so much!
If you switched them to flower you will want to wait too day 20 - 24 to do your trim. You must let the finial stretch take its course first. Now when ready look at each plant close. See all them leafs on the pot and you will see on the main stem above the soil some growth. That stuff can go. I am about to do the finial trim on mine in flower if you would like I can do a video to show you. If you see nodes growing out on the inside and you know they are not going to get much light if any they need to go. By removing them you will make the plant put all growth on the buds with light. If done right it can double your bud size by not wasting plants energy on popcorn. Now look at fan leafs as well BUT do not cut them off and I am talking about the fans in the middle and top of plant. You can tuck them down and allow light to hit buds if you see they are blocking light from a bud site.

They everyone is day 3 of flowering after completing a 30 day veg.
lights off for 20 hrs and I'm now running a modified flower lighting schedule.
I'm doing a 12 hr on 10hr off. what that does is allows me to keep my 90 day schedule from seed to harvest/drying. in 60 days of flowering Ill gain 120 hrs(5 days) and have extra time to mature of harvest.

Top photo was day 30 of Veg and bottom is day 4 of flower.

IMG_69123_Fotor_Collage.jpg

another special thanks to CO Finest for the video. i really appreciate it!

Day 6 of flowering. heres a quick look at a few of the plants.
everything has been going really well, plants look healthy and SMELL GREAT!!!

IMG_70054.JPG
IMG_70024.jpg
IMG_69984.JPG
IMG_69992.JPG
IMG_70013.JPG

Quick question, how many plants do you typically grow in a square meter? i feel pretty crowded with these 8 and I'm SERIOUSLY regretting growing the three on the sides too. I'm sitting at 22.5 square feet(2.09 meters sqr)and i think with my next grow i may go with as little as 2 plants next time around...theyll be BIG i assure you.

also, CO Finest, what should i be expecting in terms of yield? i feel like i grew too many plants and its going to have a negative affect on my harvest..

so today i stopped by my local hydro store and found some fun stuff to play with. I'm going to start using the Aurora 5ml feeding schedule.
it looked like something i wanted to test out on this first grow. my next is the one that counts and id love to get this down.

IMG_70272.jpg
IMG_70213.JPG
IMG_70221.JPG
IMG_70231.JPG

Nice new toys. Was the piece part of the trip as well? I'm new to this myself, but part of what your seeing in small size may be due to the small veg cycle. From what I understand(and it is very little I assure you) you still have to give them time to grow if you want those big yields or plants. Some of the auto stuff will grow pretty quick, but even those are just typically smaller. I am however very new to this myself so I could be way off on that. I plan on doing a 2 month veg, maybe even more if I don't see some crazy growth, and then a 60 day bloom. This will give me a bigger yield and allow it time to really produce. Or so I think. Anyone else is more than welcome to call me on that though.

Either way, good luck brother!! Hope the new nutes work for ya too. Catch you around!!

~K~

Another noob here, but sharing what I have learned on this trip so far...

Three clones, same size, bought at same time, treated completely different, so I could learn in parallel instead of serially ...

Plant 1) Zero veg time, from clone to flower directly. 5 gal bucket, Outdoors in Oct to Mid Nov. almost no root growth 1/2 oz yield
IMG_246613.JPG
IMG_247212.JPG

Plant 2) 30 days veg in doors, small pot shared space with Big Girl. Outdoors 2 weeks, repotted indoors now Growing 12 cola's
IMG_248814.JPG

Plant 3) 30 days veg in doors, 9 gall of soil mix, CO2 augmented, 12/12, Crazy Veg and Bud Growth...
IMG_25178.JPG

The size of the root base, decides the size of the yield. It is that simple.

If you want to generate bud in 60 days from scratch,(12/12 from start) you are giving up the Veg time to grow the root base. If you want Large Buds, you have to give the plant Veg time to grow those roots. In nature, a plant gets 6-8 weeks of veg time (Nor Cali Approx) before mother nature tells it to flower.

If you go to a 36/12 time cycle you can grow bigger buds, but it takes longer to harvest. so you could skip the direct veg time, but you will still pay for it in length of time to harvest. Realistically 75-80 days it appears.

The above is as I understand it, I am open to be show how wrong I got it. :)

Aki

Quick question, how many plants do you typically grow in a square meter? i feel pretty crowded with these 8 and I'm SERIOUSLY regretting growing the three on the sides too. I'm sitting at 22.5 square feet(2.09 meters sqr)and i think with my next grow i may go with as little as 2 plants next time around...theyll be BIG i assure you.

also, CO Finest, what should i be expecting in terms of yield? i feel like i grew too many plants and its going to have a negative affect on my harvest..

hard to say what yield will be, I would guess you will get around your 40-50 grams per plant. they look big enough for that for sure. If space is an issue, look for the thread on "bending and topping your way to a 1lb monster" good info in there on building a big plant.

Another noob here, but sharing what I have learned on this trip so far...

Three clones, same size, bought at same time, treated completely different, so I could learn in parallel instead of serially ...

Plant 1) Zero veg time, from clone to flower directly. 5 gal bucket, Outdoors in Oct to Mid Nov. almost no root growth 1/2 oz yield
IMG_246613.JPG
IMG_247212.JPG

Plant 2) 30 days veg in doors, small pot shared space with Big Girl. Outdoors 2 weeks, repotted indoors now Growing 12 cola's
IMG_248814.JPG

Plant 3) 30 days veg in doors, 9 gall of soil mix, CO2 augmented, 12/12, Crazy Veg and Bud Growth...
IMG_25178.JPG

The size of the root base, decides the size of the yield. It is that simple.

If you want to generate bud in 60 days from scratch,(12/12 from start) you are giving up the Veg time to grow the root base. If you want Large Buds, you have to give the plant Veg time to grow those roots. In nature, a plant gets 6-8 weeks of veg time (Nor Cali Approx) before mother nature tells it to flower.

If you go to a 36/12 time cycle you can grow bigger buds, but it takes longer to harvest. so you could skip the direct veg time, but you will still pay for it in length of time to harvest. Realistically 75-80 days it appears.

The above is as I understand it, I am open to be show how wrong I got it. :)

Aki

hey man,plants look great but you should back off on your nitrogen, your plants are dark green and you can see the ends of your leaves "clawing" they are having nitrogen toxicity... you should think about a flush.....

I flushed the middle plant yesterday, its a lot happier today. The first plant is harvested and the third one will get plain water or non nitrogen from here. I added a new nutrient to my mix mid grow and it was hotter then I expected. I had nitrogen burn show up everywhere.

Aki

Back
Top Bottom