Newbie's First Grow Journal

I'll probably start a new journal for the clones.. I'm thinking of buying some of those Auto Cream Caramel seeds from attitude since you speak so highly of that strain.. I would love to have some nice knock out bed time stash to keep on hand.. :)

I'll probably start a new journal for the clones.. I'm thinking of buying some of those Auto Cream Caramel seeds from attitude since you speak so highly of that strain.. I would love to have some nice knock out bed time stash to keep on hand.. :)

B.I.D. is correct, as usual. The CC Auto is a most luxuriantly heavy smoke, imagine the roll of the dice, questionable live music and the mystique of the Souk, would love to have a go at the non-Auto!

:hookah::hookah:

I think I will.

Here are some photo's from day 2 of 12/12 so you can visually see the progress on the 2 week's of MH test. Its rather tight down there so its hard to get a good view for my camera.. I also removed the big fan from the tent as the plants didn't like it much, at least the ones directly in front of it.. I put in 6 small clip on fans so that the entire canopy gets air movement. And lastly, another one of BID's suggests was to use CFL lighting for veg, so when I start my new journal, I'll be using a 4' 6 bulb 30,000 lumen light for it. A picture of it is at the bottom.

IMG_024722.JPG

IMG_024826.JPG

IMG_024916.JPG

IMG_025017.JPG

I want me one of them lights!! How much are they roughly?? As theyd make great side lighting for my next massive LST:):)

I got the light at my local grow shop for $155.. I could have gotten it off Amazon cheaper but this way I was able to see it first.. Very impressed with the quality.. They also make flowering bulbs for it! Seen them on HTGSupply.. When my clones start growing, I'll use this light and maybe the flowering bulbs throughout the grow.. The temps in my tent hits 85F with the MH's on, I expect the HPS will boost that even more.. My lights come on at 8:00PM and off at 8:00AM.. Tonight I'll shorten the 6" duct on each end hoping the increase of air flow might help the temps.

I've also been CS'ing my auto blueberry on the lower half of the plant. BID, you mention self pollinating? Do buds also grow around the pollen sacks? (providing of course that I caught it in time, there wasn't any buds growing on the lower half when I started).

the way they grow is unpredictable, the method i prefer is to take 2 plants cs one completly and pollinate the second but with autos you have to start the "male" several weeks before the plant receiving the pollen because it takes time for thepollen to be ready and if started at the same time the flowering female will be past the time you want to pollinate, so selfing is a decent option, i would make sure the pollen gets where you need it, also often the cs pollen sacks wont open so you will have to remove them after they have turned brownish,crush them and apply pollen to the desired top flowers, top because flowers on the lower part of the plant tend to not produce fully ripe seed's , its not an exact science improvising is common, but if your determined you'll get your feminized auto seeds:thumb:

Day 4 of 12/12 under the 600w MH's.. I am seeing a little stretch but then this is my first grow so I have nothing to compare it to.. lol But the space under the lights is noticeably smaller.. I'll have to move up the lights in a day or 2. I'm trying to get the RH at about 40% to 50% right now and once buds start to grow will go down to 30% to 40%. I bought a nice dehumidifier at Sam's Club for $168 because my old one stopped working.. Its a 50 pint model, should have gone bigger but thats all they had. This thing is filling up 3 times a day! I ran a hose to it tonight while I had all the kids out for grooming, feeding and re-arranging. I hope that works rather than emptying the tank often.

Most of the plants are females.. a couple I couldn't tell yet, well, not 100% sure anyway.. How long before buds start forming when going into 12/12?

IMG_025223.JPG

IMG_025122.JPG

Hey UltraNewb:)
Yeah sweet thats not too expensive for that light!! What exactly is it called so i can look it up? Also - do they throw off much heat mate??
Anyway your girls are looking nice mate, my girl is meant to have a 60-70 day flower period, i wasnt expecting to see any flowers for a few weeks due to this.. But on day 8, I HAD ME SOME FLOWERS!!:):):yahoo:
So given that, you should expect to see some within the next week for sure.. Have you given them a kick start of P&K nutes at start of flower or so?? I hit Cindy about day 2 or 3 i think?? Nothing crazy, just her usual Nitrosol nutes - 10N,6P,8K,2Calc. etc; @ 30ml p/13 Litres water, and the P&K @ 40ml p/13L..
Im still going to be giving Cindy some N, but minimal now, just trace elemtes P&K with maybe some molasses or similar in couple weeks..
Also she will be getting some Seasol - Seaweed xtract, again now for some help to feed her healthy and the soil.
Dont stress mate, youll be seeing some flowers soon, and its FRIGGIN AWSUM FROM THEN ON!! Youre not that far behind me!!
Goodluck and Happy Harvesting;) Smokem..

The light is a "EnviroGrow T5 by HydroFarm". I had planned to use this light for an AgroMax mother keeper tent from HTGSupply, its the perfect size for that but then decided to use a closet I have instead of the tent so I can veg with it.. Although the tent is big enough to use as a veg tent as well. But then I figure.. closet vs $125.

I haven't got the closet setup yet, will work on it later today so have no idea what kind of heat it will produce.. Should be minimal compared to my other lights. Once my clones are ready for soil, they will go under this light. They are showing sign's of new growth after 4 days under the dome, thats a big plus! Its my first time doing clones as well.. :) I'll start those on 12/12 early rather than veg for 2 months because I have a vacation 1st week of Feb. planned.

Day 6 of 12/12 with the 600W MH's.. so far not much stretch.. The canopy has grown though, lifted the lights about 2 or 3 inches since I started 12/12. I also put new (and shorter!) 6" duct to help air flow a bit.

IMG_025419.JPG

IMG_025323.JPG

Day 9 of MH's, I am seeing some stretching, mostly directly under the lights.. So when I feed them, I move these plants to the back of the tent..

Also, below are some pictures of suspected male plants.. I have 3 out of 11 that sorta look like male but not sure as this is my first grow. The bulb looking things sorta look leafy instead of solid smooth bulbs.. and on one plant, you can see white hairs forming in the bud.. What do you think?

IMG_025921.JPG

IMG_025821.JPG

IMG_025620.JPG

IMG_026021.JPG

IMG_026121.JPG

Those were definitely male plants.. No doubt about it, so 3 down 8 left. On the bright side, I'm starting to see tiny pollen sacks appear on my auto blueberry that I have been CS'ing.. :) Gave her one last spray last night.. How long before those pollen sacks are ready? Don't want her in the flower tent when they start..

I setup my spare closet yesterday with reflective mylar and hung the 6 tube CFL over the weekend, I turned on the light for a few hour and noticed it gets very warm in there. I'll try it again but with a temp gage to see high the temp gets.

Day 11 with MH's at 12/12.. I see some stretching but then it could be just from growing as well! lol

I bought a net today as some of the limbs don't seem strong enough to hold their own weight let alone with buds.. I do have some stakes but not sure if I'll damage the root system if I push stakes into the soil? Figure if nothing else, I can use the scrog net to keep the limbs up and also bend a few over should I run out height from plant growth..

I also transplanted my clones to soil today.. Used 1 gallon pots and they are under my new 6 tube T5 light.. Have 3 Jack Herer's, 1 Skywalker and 5 White Russians.

IMG_026824.JPG

IMG_026921.JPG

IMG_027021.JPG

I will be switching to HPS tomorrow or Thursday after their next feeding.. I'll install the net to help scrog them a bit to control stretch.. I only have about 6 inches left before the lights are up as high as they can go.. I should have started flowering a little sooner! lol but I wanted to go a full 2 months of veg.. Since I have 8 plants now (not including the Auto Blueberry) I was thinking of getting a couple of the 200w CFL's to put in the center of each 4 plant cluster to help turn the popcorn into real buds?

Back
Top Bottom