My First Jounal

Romulus

This is my first go at a proper indoor system. My previous efforts were marred by disease and blockages in my feeding system which went unnoticed because I was too stoned, the result, everything died.
My most recent effort was outdoors using a perlite mixture and nutrients, the plants were great and almost ready for harvest when the long arm of the law took them away.

I have since moved house and have my tent being delivered early next week. The equipment I will be using is as follows:

1 x Grow Tent 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m or 4' x 4' x 6'5"
1 x 600w Cool Tube running HPS
1 x 6" Carbon filter outlet fan with noise dampener.
1 x Digital Thermometer/Humidity meter
1 x Timer

This will all be in a room which is secured and airconditioned 24/7.

I planted my first seeds yesterday in Peat, this is great for germination and will also offer support for the roots while they are young. The little germination pots will be then placed in my grow medium and I will hand feed them when required.

Seeds Planted are from Bonza

2 x Raspberry Cough (Feminized Sativa)
2 x Bubblegum (Auto Feminized)
1 x Iced Widow (Free Seed, Indica, Feminized)
1 x Bubba Kush (Free Seed, Feminized)
1 x Amnesia Lemon (Free Seed, Indica/Sativa Feminized)

Here's Hoping

Girls24.jpg
girls31.jpg
Girls12.jpg

:goodluck: Hope this grow is bountiful!

Had a few problems with germination. I ended up reducing down to four plants, two raspberry cough and two bubble gum. i.e. 2 Sativa dominant, and 2 Indica dominant so I can mix and match my medicine. This is also my first indoor grow so I want to iron out any problems.

Here they are at about three weeks.

0175554c6d9642cdc7b21ee8b7a018f44d33586e97.jpg

Note the Cherry Tomatoes and Capsicum plants. They are so my kids won't be so suspicious. I keep a lock on the tent.

At the moment it is summer here. The outside temps are about 32 C, so if the door to my office is open for the slightest amount of time the room will heat to 26-27 c pretty quick, which means the tent goes up to 28 - 29 hence the slight curling of the front right plant.

Today I should hopefully receive my small exhaust fan which I am going to use as an inlet. I have some duct taped to the top of my tent with it's opening about a foot from the AC vent. I will connect it to the fan and suck 23 deg air into the bottom around my plants.

A question on LST and Vegetative state.

My plants have a very thick stem and as you can see a lot of sun leaves. I only just realised I had the 600 w only 12 " from the plants which could explain the curling of some of the leaves.

When do I change to flowering??
0131681672b3c50105c370d4b81dd8d153d6786459.jpg

I don't need to transplant as I put them in the large pots to start with. All my other plants in the past have stretched where these have remained compact with very thick stems. This might of been because the light was too close, I don't know.

So I switched to 12/12 with the dark time during daylight hours 6 am to 6 pm which has made a remarkable effect on temperatures. It also means when the tariff 33 switches my aircon of in the morning and evening, it's not too hot in there.

I am going to keep on grow nutrients for another week or until I start to see the buds. Does anyone think that is wise.

Good luck Romulus hope everything smokingly just subscribed so I can follow along gonna start my 1st indoor grow in the next 3 or 4 weeks so hopefully I can learn tricks of the trade

I have decided to keep it in the Veg state for another week; however, I have changed it from 18/6 to 16/8 so the dark time is the hottest part of the day 10 am - 6 pm. It will also give my girls time to use up all the grow nutrients before I change to bloom.
More photos in two days

:popcorn: (subbed)

I'll be keeping an eye on how the 2hr difference agrees with the vegging cycle...

Check out the photos, I can't believe the difference in just 6 days.

I tried the extra 4 hours in the morning but it simply got too hot, so I switched them back to 12/12 as of this morning. As you can see the plants are not tall yet and I have not idea on whether I need to LST or Tip yet. I don't want to risk doing something wrong.

My next crop will be during Autumn (Fall) and Winter so I won't have the heat problem. I will also try different strains.

Anyway, check out the pics. A huge difference.
01850d85689c748dbbbc793428b8f67a677f99631e.jpg
01457bc6ede1677f4d2135b5114533c7dcac20fe81.jpg
010652be458265c89a69a782280aca72dbb41b8314.jpg

Good luck man Looks good. I have raspberry cough for my next grow, and I will be doing it under an LED for my first time using LED. I might add 2 snow white or 2 Jock Horror In the mix.

Back
Top Bottom