MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

I have been trying to make sense on this microbe organics link, there seems to be a ton of great info. This was posted on proper greens organic thread. I have been bubbling teas experimenting and seeing what I can get made. My lawn, roses, morning glories are freaking loving my experimental teas as I keep giving them everything I make, practice pretty much which hasn't had any bad effects so far. That link should help clear some things up it did for me. & dude, your transplant look sweet! They look to be really enjoying their environment, looks at those happy leaves! From what I know about the castings I have is they are slow release, so maybe the castings you added didn't have a chance to necessarily cook into the soil and aren't available yet? In that case don't do a top feed as it would be doubling up. & someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think castings also contain some trace and micro elements like n, p, k, iron and I think calcium.. I don't have my note book with me I will check later. What type of castings are you using again mrbub?

I would honeslty keep your hands on every strain as long as you can! I have yet to experience carrying on genetics for grows at a time.. it is something I would love to do. I guess it would eventually come down to culling the plant you are either tired of smoking, isn't your favorite smoke. Idk about culling the strains you are having issues with, because you have yet to see the true potential and could be letting go of a crazy genetic make up. Really difficult to say man, I will trust your decision on letting go of whatever you decide :Namaste: Still hoping to get some kk out your way!

Do you have your soil in a decently warm area? I have been keeping my rubbermade right next to the fire place lol... Nice n toasty!

Anticipating your new flavors!! I might need to make me an order.. 12 free seeds WOOOO! :party: party time!

Thanks for the great link! Been so busy I haven't had a chance to read through it lol. Should get to it this week :)

Part of the reason I'm growing a massive garden this year is to learn and experiment with different organic techniques. I plan to test all sorts of stuff out there. It's a lot easier to experiment when the crop isn't so valuable.

I'm using wiggle worm earth worm castings which are a 1-0-0 ratio. Not sure about micros. It's my understanding that castings don't need to be cooked. You can even use it as a top dressing. I could be wrong tho lol. Stay tuned for an update on my nutrients/soil ;)

I took a few more tops/clones off the BK and she's lookin a bit better. Very dark green and healthy looking but gigantic droopy leaves with some wrinkles. Don't worry I won't give up on her. I feel like I have to grow every strain as perfect as possible before I start getting rid of strains. The dinachem will probably go first. This last harvest was near perfect. I won't know for sure until it cures for a few weeks but so far it doesn't stack up against the flavor/smell of the other strains I'm running. It's still awesome bud.

Still dreaming of getting the KK :)

Temps for my soul range from 60 to 75. Not perfect temp but best I can do for now. Doc says this range is acceptable. worse case it'll take an extra week to cook. Wish I had a fireplace. Def need one more than you! Lol

The new strain list will be on my next update for you to drool over :)

Alright next update from the weekend. I've been juggling nutrient ideas for my SOG for awhile now. Mainly I'm trying to go organic, simplify feedings, and keep down costs. Eventually I'll be going completely high brix but for now my grow is still divided.

What I came up with was a few cheap products at HD and some stuff from around the house. I ended up mixing osmocote plus all purpose feed, worm castings, perlite, Humboldt mycos and pro mix. I mixed about 10 gals total using a compost tumbler ( 60$ saved me hours of mixing soil). In addition to these amendments I also plan to make teas out of compost, big bloom, fish fert and molasses. I may include top dressings or spikes if needed.

I tested this mix with a few of my auto seedlings and a clone. Figure this is a great way to make sure they don't burn as these are all super sensitive.

Eventually I would eliminate the oc and add extra amendments but this was cheap and easy for now.

Here's a few pics of the process. Some of these pics are from the high brix soil I mixed as well. You will also notice some more 1gal. I transplanted some more Dixie cups into 1 gal. The 4x4 is damn near full. I need to stop cloning but can't. It's like an addiction lmao

20140308_162850.jpg
20140308_164003.jpg
20140308_165615.jpg
20140308_165647.jpg
20140308_165845.jpg
20140308_174123.jpg
20140308_174117.jpg
20140308_174109.jpg

So much green goodness mr b!!! Dont kill the bubba! Ive got some greenhouse seeds bubbas that the old lady picked out. What breeder is yours from?

Thanks! :) Don't worry I won't kill Bubba lol. Mine is a unique one from Medicann seeds. Think it has a higher cbd than the usual Bubba K. Supposed to be great for my mom's bi polar hopefully.
Looking great mr bubbles :)
Thanks! :)
Nice,

That alaska fish fert is some good stuff, IMO.

Plants are looking great :peace:

Thanks! I thought it looked pretty good too. Pretty sure I've effectively removed Grow big from the equation lol. Now I just need to replace tiger blooms micros. Thinking maybe a top dressing or spike for flower. Really just throwing ingredients together right now. Hopefully I'll learn something and not kill too many in the process :)

As promised here's my new strain list. This is more of a stockpile for the entire year :)

Delicious Cotton Candy
Humboldt Blue Dream
Reserva Privada Purple Wreck
G13 Pineapple Express
TGA Deep Purple
G13 Gigabit
G13 White Lavender
Humboldt Dream Queen
DNA Tangilope
TH Critical HOG
Delicious Sugar Black Rose
Dinafem Cheese
G13 Cinderella 99
Cali Connection GSC
Emerald Triangle Critical OG
Strain Hunters Flower Bomb Kush

:ganjamon:

As promised here's my new strain list. This is more of a stockpile for the entire year :)

Delicious Cotton Candy
Humboldt Blue Dream
Reserva Privada Purple Wreck
G13 Pineapple Express
TGA Deep Purple
G13 Gigabit
G13 White Lavender
Humboldt Green Crack
DNA Tangilope
TH Critical HOG
Delicious Sugar Black Rose
Dinafem Cheese
G13 Cinderella 99
Cali Connection GSC
Emerald Triangle Critical OG
Strain Hunters Flower Bomb Kush

:ganjamon:

I would like to see you grow the Pineapple Express and the Cinderella 99.

Nice to see you go with oc+ . Won't be disappointed. I just harvested reserva privada purple wreck. Amazing strain,haven't gone HI brix with it yet ....it's a heavy feeder Def support Epsom salt. Nice harvest bubbles

I would like to see you grow the Pineapple Express and the Cinderella 99.

I'm really excited about pineapple express too. I'm a huge fan of the movie :)

I never really heard of C99 until I started on the forums. I've seen a ton of people growing it so figured it must be good. It sounds super fruity which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Nice to see you go with oc+ . Won't be disappointed. I just harvested reserva privada purple wreck. Amazing strain,haven't gone HI brix with it yet ....it's a heavy feeder Def support Epsom salt. Nice harvest bubbles

I saw Doc run the OC and figured it must be good lol. Hoping it will simplify my SOG table tremendously. Just want to run straight water through the drip lines. In the future I'll build a better soil. Eventually I plan to go from 48 2L to 12 1gal. Need to average 1 oz per plant and I'll be yielding the same but way less work :)

My concern is flushing. Not sure how you can flush a time release nutrient. I only added 3 cap fulls for about 10 gals of soil. Hoping the plants will eat all the nutrients before flush and I can supplements with compost teas which I think I can brew/feed through my drip feed system after installing a filter. Thoughts? ;)

I would think youd flush just like the oc wasnt there. I mean, you'll get tiny bits of residuals but not enough to effect flavor or yield. Ask doc im sure he'd be happy to help!

I saw Doc run the OC and figured it must be good lol. Hoping it will simplify my SOG table tremendously. Just want to run straight water through the drip lines. In the future I'll build a better soil. Eventually I plan to go from 48 2L to 12 1gal. Need to average 1 oz per plant and I'll be yielding the same but way less work :)

My concern is flushing. Not sure how you can flush a time release nutrient. I only added 3 cap fulls for about 10 gals of soil. Hoping the plants will eat all the nutrients before flush and I can supplements with compost teas which I think I can brew/feed through my drip feed system after installing a filter. Thoughts? ;)

Organics are known to clog sprayers and drip emitters.

Organics are known to clog sprayers and drip emitters.

This was a concern of mine too so I installed a drip emitter filter. Here's a pic of the filter. Think it'll work?
20140305_221720.jpg

I would think youd flush just like the oc wasnt there. I mean, you'll get tiny bits of residuals but not enough to effect flavor or yield. Ask doc im sure he'd be happy to help!

Hoping that I put enough food to last until the first couple weeks of flowering. Not sure if the food be completely gone by harvest tho either. I used a weak dosage to be safe. I bombard doc with enough questions lol

Quite difficult narrowing down a bean order, I have been struggling all morning trying to get my purchase to a budgetable number :)laugh:)+ the best freebie bang for my buck lol :) Your menu of beans sounds very appetizing, that Tangilope has been on my list for awhile now. Was there a dosage recommended for that oc+, like # of cap fulls per gallon? Sounds like you may have been light handed enough for the girl to use up all the nutes (that being said having no knowledge on the time it takes for each pellet to dissolve its coating and release the nutrients into the soil). A good addition for your cooking hb soil could be a germination pad mrbub, that will help raise the soil temp and get the process rollin' :)

Quite difficult narrowing down a bean order, I have been struggling all morning trying to get my purchase to a budgetable number :)laugh:)+ the best freebie bang for my buck lol :) Your menu of beans sounds very appetizing, that Tangilope has been on my list for awhile now. Was there a dosage recommended for that oc+, like # of cap fulls per gallon? Sounds like you may have been light handed enough for the girl to use up all the nutes (that being said having no knowledge on the time it takes for each pellet to dissolve its coating and release the nutrients into the soil). A good addition for your cooking hb soil could be a germination pad mrbub, that will help raise the soil temp and get the process rollin' :)

I know what you mean about deciding on beans. It took me months to decide and I just ended up going with what sounded best. Not very scientific about my selections lol.

The dosage for the OC was 1 capful per 2gal. I did 3 caps per 10 gals. So far the girls are loving it. Especially the auto flowers. Still struggling on a tea formula. Pretty sure I've got tons of great ingredients just not sure how to use them lmao.

I have a bag of organic compost rated 5-5-5. My fish fertilizer is 5-1-1. And big bloom is .1-. 3-.7. I also have earth worm castings rated 1-0-0. Then I have molasses and Epsom salt. Pretty sure these alone would meet all my nutrient needs without even including the OC but not quite sure how. Guess I need to know the NPK recommendations for veg and bloom. Then I just need to match those ratios. Pretty basic stuff that I just can't seem to comprehend lol.

I'm thinking the compost could replace OC. The castings would help boost N for veg and then big bloom compost tea for bloom. So i would mix the compost, mycos, castings, and extra perlite with a bale of
Promix. Don't think I need to cook it seems how both the castings and compost say ready to use. I could just water this mix with big bloom and then a tea before flower and mid flower. Thoughts on this mix and what ratios to use?

A germ pad would def help but the weather is warming up and an extra week of cooking won't hurt. I might have to wait for room anyways. Call me paranoid but I always worry about a fire hazard with germ pads. I know they're safe and I'm just crazy tho lol.

Thanks for stopping by CA! Hope all is well for you.

Another busy weekend guys. It's getting to the point where I can't update everything I do so I will try to post the most interesting lol.

The update I have for you today is a feeding I did on the big girls (5gal). Still using the FF trio on these. You can see my progress with the screens in the pics really well. The first couple are not filled in or way close to the screen. The Lemon Thai Kush and Blue OG are perfect tho. The screen is supporting the branches and creating perfectly even tops. Have to say the BOG is my best yet. Hope she finishes well.

With that said I'm moving away from the screens on the 5 gal and using bamboo stakes to support main colas instead. I'll be using the screens either above 1 gal or 3gal pots that will be on my drip feed table.

Here's the pics....

First up is the critical mass from CBD crew. Perfect symmetry and grows like a beast. This is something I've noticed with all my critical crosses. I am noticing some deficiencies I think but I'm not sure. New growth seems fine and I may have left soil with castings on the leaves after transolant.
20140315_215713.jpg
20140315_215729.jpg
20140315_215746.jpg
20140315_215758.jpg

Next up is an UltraSour experiment. I removed all lower branches and leaves except 4 main branches. At first I was worried that I'd finally gone too far but now I'm thinking otherwise. She looks super healthy and is filling in nice. Hoping to get more primo buds vs airy ones.
20140315_220110.jpg
20140315_220121.jpg

Next is one of my earlier scrogs. It filled out really well but didn't stretch high enough above the screen imo. This is an UltraSour with about 2 weeks left.
20140315_220355.jpg
20140315_220414.jpg

This one is one of my first Porta scrogs. It's my favorite strain Blue OG. Has about 3 weeks left.

20140315_221508.jpg
20140315_221519.jpg

And here's a better scrog. This is a lemon Thai Kush at about 5 weeks.
20140315_223056.jpg
20140315_223107.jpg
20140315_223117.jpg

And finally my best plant to date. Perfect symmetry and screen height. Lucky me it's my favorite Blue OG :)
20140315_221959.jpg
20140315_222057.jpg
20140315_222111.jpg

Well that's it for now guys. I'll try to post another update of the veg tents later this week. Thanks for following everyone! :Namaste:

Your leaf damage appears to be from a calcium and magnesium deficiency as well as a phosphorous deficiency. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks for the great info John! I'm pretty sure it's from being under fed. I have been pretty light handed with the nutrients. Since her last feeding she's recovered really well. I no longer pH my water anymore per docs instructions. Haven't pulled out the meter in over a month :)

A few random pics for you guys this morning. As you all know with growing comes lots of new toys. Especially around tax season :)

First, I've really been getting into the dry sift lately. My double screen box is producing some pretty good stuff to my surprise. I definitely want to upgrade to bubblemans larger screen set in the future to get 99% like he does. I'd guess I'm at 70% right now. I recently bought a small rig and Ti nail to do dabs of dry sift with. It was our anniversary gift for each other lol. Well the rig broke in two days. Not sure if the glass got too hot from the torch or what. That's what I get for going with a cheaper one. Thankfully the nail still fits my old bong. The dry sift dabs on the nail are so smoothe and just like they say a dab will do ;) I also bought the gold series skilletools with the giant scoop.
20140319_073711.jpg
20140319_074324.jpg
20140319_073811.jpg
20140319_073731.jpg

Next, I've been debating on how I'm going to run my perpetual SOG. I think im close to a final plan. All clones will go from the Aero cloner directly to 1/2 gal pots. Then I'm going to veg small bushes in 1gal pots and then move them to 3gal for flower. I can fit 12 of these on my current table. I plan to make some adjustments in the future and I'll be able to expand to 16 3gal plants. In order to keep an even canopy I want to do a Porta scrog. My circle screens are too large for this space so I cut them into squares. I'll be able to get 9 tops per plant with these. Not sure if I like them yet or not. Expect a test plant soon :)
20140319_074414.jpg

Not sure if you guys remember but I've been helping a friend get setup with their own grow. They're running 2 2x4 tents with t5's. I've donated a clone of several different strains. They're using the organic go box for nutrients. They're close to their first harvest :) Wanted to share a pic with you guys. This is a wild thai at about 8 weeks.
20140318_175739.jpg

And finally the best for last...... My seeds are here! It's going to be an amazing year guys :thumb:
20140319_073841.jpg
20140319_074051.jpg

I borrowed your porta-scrog idea. I made mine 16" x 16". I have one Holy Grail Kush in a 3.5 gallon Hempy Bucket scrogged. She's only been flowering for around 1.5 weeks. So far so good.

I saw the price of the round ones at Home Depot and decided to make my own. I used 2" x 4" hog wire for the screen. Then I TIG welded 1/8" stainless steel filler wire picture framing the screen. Then I used the same stainless wire to make uprights to attach to the container.

I don't have enough room in the flowering tent at the moment for any more than the one porta-scrog. Depending on how this first one turns out, this may be my new technique.

We've also found a house to buy. Looks like I may be ditching the tents and will be able to grow some larger plants.

Thank you for the porta-scrog idea. I always wanted to scrog but thought it'd be almost impossible to grow perpetually.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom