MrBubbles Perpetual Grow

And the ultrasour is jarred! :) Haven't even weighed it yet.
20140303_125705.jpg
20140303_125613.jpg

Way to utilize your space mrbub! I absolutely enjoy what you have going on over here. The ultra sour buds look very thick and dense, sticky nuggets! Great job brotha. Making me quite "jelly" as they say LOL :laugh:

Thanks CA! It's a little overwhelming.

In the future I plan to only run the 4X4 and the 4x8. That will equal 8-12 in flower and up to 16 in veg. This will give me time to spend with each plant indivisually. Then I can really begin to focus on quality.

I must've been pretty stoned lol. The recent 5gal harvest was a Dinachem. Def my frostiest and densest yet. The DC really doesn't impress me. Not a very strong smell or taste. Great high and smooth smoke tho. Doesn't compare to the blue thai, blue og, lemon thai kush or wild thai.

Speaking of Wild Thai. This shit is the bomb! It really needed a proper cure. Now it smells amazing. Super sticky and dense. Amazing soaring sativa high. Was I really considering getting rid of this strain? Lmao

I actually have 2 phenos of it. One is dense round buds. Lighter green leaves and pure white pistols that turn to a whitish orange.

Then I have a pheno that stretches like crazy. Long thin wispy buds. At first this pheno didn't look as good as the denser one but after curing I'm not quite so sure.

At this rate I'll never get rid of single strain and I'll end up with 50 by the end of the year lmao

And as good as these recent ones are still nothing to be jelly about yet. Organics > Synthetics ;)

Thats awesome dude! I cant wait for my first ever harvest!! :)
Looking at all these harvest pics is getting me anxious lol

Thanks bro! I barely remember my first harvest and it wasn't even a year ago lol.

My first grow was 6 autos that all got seeded. They were like children to me. I would stare at them for hours and cater to their every need. It was really stressful when I found out my hard work had been ruined by a rogue hermie. I focused on the positive tho. Learned from my mistakes and now I've had more harvests then I can count. Every one I still learn more and more but after the first it gets a lot easier. A perpetual helps curse the scissor itch ;)

Looking forward to your harvest!

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thanks john! Almost a harvest a week now lol. Hopefully dialing it down to once a month soon :)

Thanks bro! I barely remember my first harvest and it wasn't even a year ago lol.

My first grow was 6 autos that all got seeded. They were like children to me. I would stare at them for hours and cater to their every need. It was really stressful when I found out my hard work had been ruined by a rogue hermie. I focused on the positive tho. Learned from my mistakes and now I've had more harvests then I can count. Every one I still learn more and more but after the first it gets a lot easier. A perpetual helps curse the scissor itch ;)

Looking forward to your harvest!
Yeah, me too lol. Itll be 1 week before 4/20. It may be able to go a lil bit longer (and im sure some guys will say to do so) but damnit, im gonna smoke some of MY own marijuana on 4/20! :). The next grow will be more for the masses and ill take all the advice anyone wants to give me :peace:

I have started a bit of organics with my current plants. My most recent transplants had earth worm castings and mycos added to the pro mix. Now I just need a "safe" alternative to Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Would a simple molasses earthworm casting plus big Bloom tea be enough or is there something else I could incorporate vs grow big/tiger bloom? I don't wanna kill those mycos :) I've considered oc+ spikes or mixing oc+ into the soil. Thoughts?

I'll still be running the trio on my other plants.

Yeah, me too lol. Itll be 1 week before 4/20. It may be able to go a lil bit longer (and im sure some guys will say to do so) but damnit, im gonna smoke some of MY own marijuana on 4/20! :). The next grow will be more for the masses and ill take all the advice anyone wants to give me :peace:

All of my harvests were probably technically too early. I haven't had any negative effects tho. Maybe diminished yields or a little more psychoactive high. I figure most commercial bud I find locally is harvested far earlier than my home grown. I'm finally building enough reserves to be able to give them plenty of time before harvests and time to cure properly.

I have learned to listen to the plant vs the seed bank. I've also learned that smaller plants can get done earlier than normal. I have microscope but that's mainly a backup. I still judge based on time, rate of growth, pistils, and how dense the buds feel.

I'm hoping to make it to Denver for 420 this year. Not for sure yet. It's pretty spendy getting out there. Otherwise I'll be home smoking my homegrown on 4/20 for the first time. Not sure how to make it different than any other day tho. Everydays a smoke fest now. After watching the Jamaican Strain hunters episode I'm still far far far behind the rastafarians lol

Well im definitely making it ot to Colorado this summer :). Not for any other reason but to smoke some weed "legally". Im stoked for this 420 cuz its my first grow and it just so happens that ill harvest a week before. It wont have a cure but apparently curing isnt as critical with hb because of the purity of the produce. Im not a big smoker so itll have plenty of time in a jar before its all gone (the old lady might shorten that time lol). Im actually thinking about growing a world of seeds obsession after this one cuz doc says the closer you can get to landrace strains the better they'll do in hb but we'll see. Maybe ill get a journal for the next one :)

Just have a bunch of photos for you guys today. Sorry they're not really organized or labeled. Took them a few days ago and forgot. The bud pics include blue thai, wild thai, dinachem, and agent O but I'm not sure which is which lmao. Too many dry sift dabs lately. I'll try to do a more organized update soon. Also just placed an order on the tude. Bought 4 singles and getting 12 for free! Some really exciting genetics. I'll share more later. Here's the pics....

20140304_192940.jpg
20140304_193032.jpg
20140304_193120.jpg
20140304_193322.jpg
20140305_221610.jpg
20140305_221628.jpg
20140305_221634.jpg
20140305_221646.jpg
20140305_221654.jpg
20140305_221720.jpg
20140305_221731.jpg
20140305_221741.jpg
20140305_221749.jpg
20140305_221800.jpg
20140305_221805.jpg
20140305_221818.jpg
20140305_221823.jpg
20140305_221841.jpg
20140305_221846.jpg
20140305_221854.jpg

Also shout out to all the reps guys. Sorry I'm not sure how to respond to the rep comments but your comments and reps are appreciated! :thanks:

I have started a bit of organics with my current plants. My most recent transplants had earth worm castings and mycos added to the pro mix. Now I just need a "safe" alternative to Grow Big and Tiger Bloom. Would a simple molasses earthworm casting plus big Bloom tea be enough or is there something else I could incorporate vs grow big/tiger bloom? I don't wanna kill those mycos :) I've considered oc+ spikes or mixing oc+ into the soil. Thoughts?

I'll still be running the trio on my other plants.

I would think you could get by with the molasses+casting+big bloom feeds, sounds nice and simple, maybe make a tea for the girls. Do you have any organic fish fert? How are the new transplants looking after the past few days getting acquainted with the new mix? Really not sure on that oc+ would have to see what those 3rd gen coatings contain, although it sounds like that stuff would make for a very easy going tent :) Dank nugs mrbub, nice and frosty :yummy:

I would think you could get by with the molasses+casting+big bloom feeds, sounds nice and simple, maybe make a tea for the girls. Do you have any organic fish fert? How are the new transplants looking after the past few days getting acquainted with the new mix? Really not sure on that oc+ would have to see what those 3rd gen coatings contain, although it sounds like that stuff would make for a very easy going tent :) Dank nugs mrbub, nice and frosty :yummy:

I'm just not sure of NPK ratios. I know big bloom has a little of everything, molasses for mag, and castings for nitrogen but I'm not sure about phos and potassium.

I could easily pick up some liquid fish fertizer but thinking there's one more ingredient I need. Read all of revs book and still don't know wth I'm doing with organics dude lol.

I have the same concerns with oc+ as well. Doc actually used it in one of his early grows successfully. I'd much rather keep it super simple with the basic soil I have mixed and a tea with molasses, castings, extra mycos, and liquid fish.

The recent transplants look bomb! They're loving the new mix with the castings for sure. I've been struggling with low N cuz I'm using the hydro version of grow big. I actually topped them and they weren't even fazed.

The bubba kush has been trouble from day one. Slow grow and droopy leaves. Great coloring but just droopy. Tried drying her out thinking over watering but didn't do the trick. Maybe it's actually underwatered? Starting to consider culling cuz I have tons of strains, more coming, and no time/space for stragglers. As you know I'm pretty stubborn tho and hate giving up so knowing me I'll keep it around. Can't give up on bubba! (Insert Forrest Gump voice) :)

The nugs are getting better and better every grow. Can't wait for the high brix. Have my new bags, trays, and kit just waiting for the soil to cook. Going to be a LOOOONG wait lol.

Wait til you see the new strains I ordered ;)

Here's a pic of the recent 1gal transplants. The bubba is the one on the left towards the back. The monster on the right is the critical mass :)

20140307_1236241.jpg

I'm just not sure of NPK ratios. I know big bloom has a little of everything, molasses for mag, and castings for nitrogen but I'm not sure about phos and potassium.

I could easily pick up some liquid fish fertizer but thinking there's one more ingredient I need. Read all of revs book and still don't know wth I'm doing with organics dude lol.

I have the same concerns with oc+ as well. Doc actually used it in one of his early grows successfully. I'd much rather keep it super simple with the basic soil I have mixed and a tea with molasses, castings, extra mycos, and liquid fish.

The recent transplants look bomb! They're loving the new mix with the castings for sure. I've been struggling with low N cuz I'm using the hydro version of grow big. I actually topped them and they weren't even fazed.

The bubba kush has been trouble from day one. Slow grow and droopy leaves. Great coloring but just droopy. Tried drying her out thinking over watering but didn't do the trick. Maybe it's actually underwatered? Starting to consider culling cuz I have tons of strains, more coming, and no time/space for stragglers. As you know I'm pretty stubborn tho and hate giving up so knowing me I'll keep it around. Can't give up on bubba! (Insert Forrest Gump voice) :)

The nugs are getting better and better every grow. Can't wait for the high brix. Have my new bags, trays, and kit just waiting for the soil to cook. Going to be a LOOOONG wait lol.

Wait til you see the new strains I ordered ;)

I have been trying to make sense on this microbe organics link, there seems to be a ton of great info. This was posted on proper greens organic thread. I have been bubbling teas experimenting and seeing what I can get made. My lawn, roses, morning glories are freaking loving my experimental teas as I keep giving them everything I make, practice pretty much which hasn't had any bad effects so far. That link should help clear some things up it did for me. & dude, your transplant look sweet! They look to be really enjoying their environment, looks at those happy leaves! From what I know about the castings I have is they are slow release, so maybe the castings you added didn't have a chance to necessarily cook into the soil and aren't available yet? In that case don't do a top feed as it would be doubling up. & someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think castings also contain some trace and micro elements like n, p, k, iron and I think calcium.. I don't have my note book with me I will check later. What type of castings are you using again mrbub?

I would honeslty keep your hands on every strain as long as you can! I have yet to experience carrying on genetics for grows at a time.. it is something I would love to do. I guess it would eventually come down to culling the plant you are either tired of smoking, isn't your favorite smoke. Idk about culling the strains you are having issues with, because you have yet to see the true potential and could be letting go of a crazy genetic make up. Really difficult to say man, I will trust your decision on letting go of whatever you decide :Namaste: Still hoping to get some kk out your way!

Do you have your soil in a decently warm area? I have been keeping my rubbermade right next to the fire place lol... Nice n toasty!

Anticipating your new flavors!! I might need to make me an order.. 12 free seeds WOOOO! :party: party time!

So much green goodness mr b!!! Dont kill the bubba! Ive got some greenhouse seeds bubbas that the old lady picked out. What breeder is yours from?

Crazy busy weekend guys. I have several updates so ill try to break them up.

First, I harvested my 5 gal Blue Thai on Friday. Def one of my best yet especially considering the screen was only half full. Chopped her at 9 weeks after a 2 week flush. Should be jarring in a few days.

20140307_181939.jpg
20140307_182014.jpg
20140307_182028.jpg
20140307_182107.jpg
20140307_182600.jpg
20140307_182621.jpg
20140307_190225.jpg
20140307_190429.jpg
20140307_190450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom