Db003 PLS 315W CMH, Super Soil, 2x4 Grow Tent

db003

hello everyone its me db003 back at it again with another auto grow / photo grow journal same as my last grow I will growing 4 autos in my tent and one photo plant in my closet all of the plants will be in super soil

good news 4 out of the 5 seeds I planted made it and are doing great bad news one of the seedlings was struggling and eventually died so I need to start a new seed to replace it which I will do today

ok now for my set up

I have a 2’7″ wide x 4’11” deep x 6’7″ tall GrowLab gl80l grow tent with a 315w prism lighting science ceramic metal halide aka cmh the bulb is a Philips elite agro 315w cmh 3100k bulb there is a 6 inch inline fan and 6 inch carbon filter blowing air out a window

there is also a 4 inch inline fan I will be using as a active air intake and a 16 inch hurricane wall mount fan I strung up near the top of the tent just to keep the air moving

I have another 315w prism lighting science ceramic metal light that I will be used in my closet I will be growing a photo period plant with but for now I will be vegging the seed with the autos until they get bigger

this grow i will be testing a product called harvest gold silica I added it to 2 of my autos I just mixed some with the soil when i was making my pots super easy

I got a few different seeds in this grow

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added)

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added)

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo

I'm not fond of having to germinate an extra seed for failure to germinate or grow. I've had a few, and slowed down the originals so the new kid on the block can catch up. I'm going to produce some seed with my current grow so I'll be able to start more than I need in the future.

Good luck with your grow.

Do you get full, even coverage of your tent with one light, since it's almost twice as long in one direction as it is in the other? If not, have you considered a light mover? I think they're available with rails as short as four feet.

I'm not fond of having to germinate an extra seed for failure to germinate or grow. I've had a few, and slowed down the originals so the new kid on the block can catch up. I'm going to produce some seed with my current grow so I'll be able to start more than I need in the future.

My problem is that I probably have 30+ strains that were given to me, and as such I was only given one or two seeds of most of them. Starting extra seeds would mean that I could end up losing a strain if everything lived and I just didn't have room for one of them.

Seed production seems like a wise activity, lol. If only pollen wasn't so... viable :rolleyes: . I once decided to pollinate "just a couple of buds." I forgot... to turn the oscillating fan off first <DOH!> .

Lets
Do you get full, even coverage of your tent with one light, since it's almost twice as long in one direction as it is in the other? If not, have you considered a light mover? I think they're available with rails as short as four feet.
Four feet would be perfect to move my light for even coverage. Im gonna look into this, how much does this help with heat, my tent was peaking 35c+ with a 600w and 400w in it, so I removed 400w and high is now 27c, not bad for where I live without aircon.
Also whats the heat on CMH bulbs the local growshop tried to sell me one but they quite pricey compared to hps and Im still undecided...heat is my biggest problem

Lets
Four feet would be perfect to move my light for even coverage. Im gonna look into this, how much does this help with heat, my tent was peaking 35c+ with a 600w and 400w in it, so I removed 400w and high is now 27c, not bad for where I live without aircon.
Also whats the heat on CMH bulbs the local growshop tried to sell me one but they quite pricey compared to hps and Im still undecided...heat is my biggest problem

yeah both of you are right about the light mover I have had my eye on one for a while but never can get the money for one I am on ssi and all my money goes to bills and rent so its hard to save but I am trying best believe that

time for a update on my plants in my grow tent with my prism lighting science 315w cmh light in super soil

I just planted my replacement seed because the first seed died that was going to be in this pot after it sprouted

so I started to germinate another seed and that seed never made it past seed stage no tap root nothing what a bummer so I started another seed and this one had a ok size tail on it so I have high hopes for it this time

the rest of the plants got watered yesterday and got a dose of microbes in there watering

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 19 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 9 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 9 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 9 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues (not sprouted yet)

time for a update on my plants in my grow tent with my prism lighting science 315w cmh light in super soil

my replacement seed has sprouted so will call this day 1 for it so thats awesome and I watered all of the plants they all got plain water

the rest of the plants got watered yesterday and got a dose of microbes in there watering

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 11 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 11 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 11 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 11 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day #1

well I got a chance to get a weight on all my plants from my grows that were under the prism lighting science 315w cmh in super soil in my grow tent and the from the one photo plant under the prism lighting science 315w cmh in super soil in my closet

this was by far my one of my best grows weight wise and most of it was from the 4 autos that were under just one 315w cmh

San Francisco Sour Dough auto from top shelf elite plant 1 - 91.1 grams

San Francisco Sour Dough auto from top shelf elite plant 2 - 127 grams

Pineapple crack auto from top shelf elite - 129.6 grams

Gorillagasm auto from top shelf elite - 114.7 grams

lemon tooth photo plant from B-S-B genetics - 161.4 grams

for a total of 623.8 grams or 22oz which comes out to 1.3 pounds

I still have a nice pile of trim that i am going to make dry ice kief with once I get some dry ice

I just watered all of the plants they all got plain water and topped my photo period plant plant are looking great so far

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 13 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 13 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 13 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 13 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 3

a few of these autos are going real fast so I went ahead and installed my scrog net in the tent I was hoping to have more time so I could go and get some more PVC pipe so I could make some adjustments on the size pf the screen but its all good

I will be moving the photo plant soon to the closet

I just watered all of the plants they all got plain water

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 20 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 20 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 20 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 20 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 10

all these plants just got watered with a malted barley seed sprout tea with aloe vera powder I used 1 ounce of malted barley that I grounded to powder and one teaspoon of aloe vera powder it was mixed with about 3 gallons of water and split between all the plants

another one of the autos have reached the scrog screen and have started to get training and I also topped my photo plant six times it should not be long before i move it to the closet

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 22 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 22 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 22 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 22 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 12

talk about bad luck I was training the scrog net last night and the main stem snapped clean off one of my auto plants. dam was I pissed and to make things worse the same thing happened again to my other plant the main stem snapped clean off like a pencil snapped in half most of the time the stems just bends a little but not snap off

not sure if its just that strain that does not like to be trained like that or what but had me in a real bad mood so I did not take any pictures

the photo plant was ready to be moved to the closet so I went ahead and did that it will be under it own 315w cmh for now its still on 18/6 for now and still need to be trans planted to a bigger pot

I also watered all the plant

all these plants just got watered with plain water did a little training on the scrog net I am still pissed that the tops broke on 2 of the autos but shit happens they will recover but at a cost just hoping these autos recover well

my photo plant is getting bigger then expected so I did some much needed low stress training on here and i need to still transplant it soon before it gets to big

I got some nice before and after shoots of the photo plant being trained and a few shots of where the auto plants snapped at the main stem

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 26 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 26 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 26 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 26 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 16

this update was from yesterday

all these plants just got watered with plain water and the photo plant got some microbes in its watering I did a little training on the autos under the scrog net and transplanted my photo plant from a 3 gallon pot to a 7 gallon pot and reinstalled the lst training on it

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 28 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 28 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 28 from sprout

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 28 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 18

hey everyone I got some dry ice yesterday on 4th of July when I was out shopping for some t bone steaks for dinner so I busted out my bubble bowls and did some dry ice kief extractions!

I started off with 8.8 ounces of some ok trim from my last grow it was not the best trim but its all good I I did it in two batches first run had way more trim in the bowls

after I collected the first run of dry ice kief I put the spent trim and dry ice in a bag and added the rest of the good trim and some fresh dry ice and ran that batch and it was collected

then I took all the leftover trim and ice and put it all together and did a long shake to get all I can out of it I plan to use that for cooking and such

last I put all of the trim and dry ice in a bucket with water and let it sit and stirred the heck out of it and put the bubble bowl screens over another bucket and ran it one last time like it was bubble hash

I was not expecting much but there was a good amount I was not expecting that at all waste not want not I crumbled it up and put it on some cardboard and let it dry and after it dried it looks like some good hash

first half run

120 bowl - 5.1 grams
90 bowl - 2.5 grams

second half run

120 bowl - 5.2 grams
90 bowl - 0.9 grams

run with it all the trim together

120 + 90 bowl - 6.0 grams

bubble hash made with spent trim after 16 hours of drying time

120 bowl - 4.8 grams
90 bowl - 0.2 grams

time for a update on my plants in my grow tent with my prism lighting science 315w cmh light in super soil and my photo plant in my closet grow under a prism lighting science 315w cmh light in super soil

all these plants just got watered with plain water

man these plant are taking a beating with this crazy heat wave the temps have been in over the 100 degree mark for over week now with no end in sight but it is what it is been watering them more often every 2 days instead of every 3 days

we have been having rolling black outs for a few days in a row also and every time I worry about the cmh bulbs but they seam fine for now if i get some cash I want to try and get a few cheap spars just in case

a few of the autos in the tent have begun flowering already I can already tell this auto grow wont be as good as the last grow but its all good but the photo plant is looking great

the plants with the harvest gold seem to be taking the heat much better then the ones with out so thats a plus

I set my light timer to 12/12 after I watered the photo plant in the closet so tomorrow will be day one of flower

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 32 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 32 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 32 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 18

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 32 from sprout in veg begging of day 1 of flower tomorrow

time for a update on my plants in my grow tent with my prism lighting science 315w cmh light in super soil and my photo plant in my closet grow under a prism lighting science 315w cmh light in super soil

the heat wave continues man it been crazy hot this last week but it is what it is just have to let it play out my photo plant looks crazy good so its not all bad

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 36 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 36 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 36 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 26

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 4 of flower

plant are doing good my autos in my grow tent stayed kind of small this time but thats ok they might have gotten stressed from the heat wave we have been having the last few weeks

my single photo plant in my closet is just a beast its only in the beginning of week 2 of flower so it still has some stretching to go I am glad I trained the plant well when it was still young

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 40 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 40 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 40 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 30

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 8 of flower

my autos are doing good and my auto that was started late has finally hit the screen but still has not flowered yet but it will soon

somebody call van helsing because there is a freaking monster in my closet! my single photo plant is in day 12 of flower today and has doubled in size in the last 4 days I know it still has some more stretching to go but I hope it stops soon I was able to take her out of the closet and trim some of the bottom branches and leaves to give the plant more air flow

I took some before and after pics of the trim on the photo plant

1x sweet seeds - cream mandarin xl auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 44 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto (harvest gold silica added) in day 44 from sprout

1x Synergy Automatic Genetics - power punch auto in day 44 from sprout

1x Mephisto genetics - chem city blues in day 34

1x dinafem - critical + 2.0 photo in day 12 of flower

Back
Top Bottom