315W CMH, Coco, WW & DP Think Different Autos

Just started my second session of pony tailing. At the end of last nights session the TD was starting to fall over, so I added some support for her this time around.

The WW is responding text book to this style of lst.

Here is a picture of the TD ponytailed and rockin a crutch..
420-magazine-mobile1187743514.jpg

Here is the WW. She's kill in it btw, no crutch needed her stems are super fat for her age. The growth is really evident on this girl. Must have gotten a great pheno.

420-magazine-mobile108133865.jpg

Looking good man .

Keep it up.

And how is it performing? Still a pretty new ballast? 180 isn't too bad to think of it. Much cheaper than the Philips lamps though. Which website did you take a look at?

Sorry missed the first question. The ballast performs great! No problems what so ever. Did have a little scare when I was adjusting the timer and accidentally switched her off. When I tried to switch her back on she didn't respond. After some research I found that the ballast goes into limp mode to prevent firing up again on a hot bulb(safety measure to extend bulb life). After half an hour she fired right up.

Sorry missed the first question. The ballast performs great! No problems what so ever. Did have a little scare when I was adjusting the timer and accidentally switched her off. When I tried to switch her back on she didn't respond. After some research I found that the ballast goes into limp mode to prevent firing up again on a hot bulb(safety measure to extend bulb life). After half an hour she fired right up.
That is sweet. Yeah they have that safety feature which is good if you think about it future grows which would be for my own supply would be great under 2 of those bulbs

Most definitely. To be honest, for the tent that I'm using and the current summer temps I'm looking into COB's. They produce great yields and consume less power. I do have a Mars II 400w that did a great job for me as well, but I was really impressed with the yields people were getting from these CMH's. Depending on the outcome of this current grow I may switch to a COB light for the summer and run this CMH in the cooler months.

Was reviewing the post, and these pictures are actually day 16.

Day 21

Increased feed to 2ml of CalMag and 6ml of FN Bloom

Also decided to ponytail them. Hopefully it isn't too soon.

WW
420-magazine-mobile1444650136.jpg

420-magazine-mobile296677110.jpg

TD
420-magazine-mobile1063676043.jpg

420-magazine-mobile284811912.jpg

They maybe too small to support the green rubber ties so I'm gonna switch it out with pipe cleaners

Had a typo the last set of pictures it was actually day 16 not 21.

Here are a few comparison pics from day 16 and week later day 23

Last week

WW
420-magazine-mobile86614432.jpg

TD
420-magazine-mobile333659768.jpg

Today

WW
420-magazine-mobile196328448.jpg

TD
420-magazine-mobile1516576937.jpg

This was after 3 days of pony tailing for 5-6hrs,3 days of tucking, and today the WW got some tucking, and the TD got another 6hrs of pony tailing. The reason I stopped pony tailing was because the WW's branches was almost caught up to the center and I figured some tucking would be enough to let them catch up. I also felt bad every time I pony'd them.

The WW responded awesome to the pony tailing. TD not so much. But I did notice that she's starting to grow some branches so I ponytailed her today. Will continue to do so when I get back from my little trip. Hope they'll be OK without water for 48hrs

Day 31

Group Shot of them taking over the tent. Had to move the young ones into a separate tent.

420-magazine-mobile353764547.jpg

Side view of vertical growth. Growing everyday under this 315w CMH

420-magazine-mobile416356751.jpg

Also saw early signs of a Cal Mag deficiency in the WW(left plant). Flushed her with 1gal of plain RO, then fed with a half gallon of Cal mag, and bloom nutes to 5.8.

420-magazine-mobile16693885.jpg

You can see the slight yellowing from the inside out of the younger leaves. Also saw some spotting of yellow on some of the leaves.

Checking on your plants daily will help you catch any signs of deficiencies. Luckily I happen to be tucking fan leaves everyday, that's why I caught the deficiency.

What you wanted to do by keeping your light 24 " is what I'd do. I'm new to LED lighting. So I'm talking out my ass, But I'd figure the closer the light, they less stretch they will do. Givem a good drink of calicium. Once your plant is in aggressive growth mode, they need alot of calcium. I do 20% over the recogmended during transion. Plant can't get enough of it. Girls look great GL and Keepem Green

Welcome NorCali, and BF!

Gonna be gone till Tuesday. Hope fully they will be ok without water for a day and a half. I know I'm supposed to be watering everyday in coco.

Hey how's it going? Looking good. Sucks you had to pull them two. Here is my two cents on feeding in coco. At least how I do it. Veg feed every other day and in flower I feed every day. From seed I'll veg for a month and they get plenty big enough. My first couple coco grows I only fed them every other day for flower and veg. I def like how much more mass I get when feeding flower every day.

Hey how's it going? Looking good. Sucks you had to pull them two. Here is my two cents on feeding in coco. At least how I do it. Veg feed every other day and in flower I feed every day. From seed I'll veg for a month and they get plenty big enough. My first couple coco grows I only fed them every other day for flower and veg. I def like how much more mass I get when feeding flower every day.

Nice I think I'll try that! I'll probably start once this CalMag deficiency is under control though.

I did pull the other 2 autos and 1 photo from the tent, but I didn't scrap em. I probably should have said moved them. I put the other 3 in a 2x2 tent under a Mars II 400w. I'll probably run with it like this for a while to get a nice comparison 315w CMH vs 400w LED

Nice I think I'll try that! I'll probably start once this CalMag deficiency is under control though.

I did pull the other 2 autos and 1 photo from the tent, but I didn't scrap em. I probably should have said moved them. I put the other 3 in a 2x2 tent under a Mars II 400w. I'll probably run with it like this for a while to get a nice comparison 315w CMH vs 400w LED

Cool, always good when you can relocate and maybe save. It's almost heart breaking to pull a little seeding out then trash it.

Back
Top Bottom