Lowrider72 Grows Again! Super Skunk, Pineapple Express & Mangolicious

It’s a Whorled Phyllotaxy! Most people make a misconception and think it’s a Polyploid or Triploid.

They are so stupid coz any drongo knows Polyploid or Triploid is a genetic term.

When ever any of my scientific horticultural friends hear a noob talk about polyploids or triploids we laugh and laugh.

In the nature of full disclosure I was today years old when I learned whorled, phyllotaxy, polyploid and triploid were even words.

Lolling!
10 points to Trala!
You get a front row seat and complimentary popcorn....lol.

Was bloody hot here yesterday, past 40C, but the girls survived, in fact they never missed a beat.
Oh, by the way, for pest control I am using Tanlin drops, even since I started using them I have never had a problem with Scarid flies, a root eating menace to Coco growers. It's all I use and just use it as a preventative measure.

Hope you are all growing well.👍😁

LR72.

Tipped a few of the little ones at 8 stages high and gave them a good drink and a spray of H2O....smaller ones will get tipped when they get big enough....
IMG_20230222_204108143_HDR.jpg

I have the three mums but added the triple to the bunch, it's still throwing out 3 sets of leaves per node, could be a keeper.👍........
IMG_20230222_204125274_HDR.jpg

That Mangolicious sure is slow off the mark, the Pineapple express does well and Super Skunk is unstoppable, if your a newb, you could do worse than that strain, will take just about anything and power on through.

Lights aren't on for the 3 girls in the flower tent yet but will get some pics later, lest I interrupt their beauty sleep.🙄

Update soon....

LR72.

Girls in the flower tent, throwing out heaps of new growth fast, hence the lighter centres.......
IMG_20230222_220918911_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230222_220711336_HDR.jpg

Looking good and tipping them got them pumping out instead of up.
That's all for now.

LR72.

Looking good bruv!

💚💚💚
Cheers Trala 😁,

The Girls are going great....all except the Mango clones, they are still WAY behind the rest, must be the strain.....
IMG_20230225_065256815_HDR.jpg

Got the three Mums and the Triple Pineapple (front left) doing their thing.......
IMG_20230225_065320051_HDR.jpg

And in the 4' × 4' flower tent the girls are making good progress. I Pinched and bent a couple of the taller branches on the Super Skunk, just to get everything a bit more level.....
IMG_20230225_070109641_HDR.jpg

Overhead shots....

Mangolicious....
IMG_20230225_070124237_HDR.jpg

Super Skunk.....
IMG_20230225_070134468_HDR.jpg

Pineapple Express......
IMG_20230225_070152782_HDR.jpg

Temps are a bit kinder now and still spraying foliage every now and then to get that humidity a lil higher.....
IMG_20230225_070210197_HDR.jpg

Hopefully the flowering girls will start showing flowers this coming week and it will start getting a bit more interesting.👍😁

Grow Well!

LR72.

Hey @Lowrider72! Looks like I got here right at the flip. Great looking plants! I'm new to the site and am just starting my first grow journal. Happy to tag along and see what those girls of yours can do!
Hey Valleygrown, Thanks, they are a bit leggy due to the heat, but at least they are healthy.👍
Pull up a chair and spark one up.😁
Looking good mate, part of me is a bit jealous of the space you have!

Looking forward to seeing how the 3 girls go on their flower journey.
Hey DV8, I need the space! They always grow Soo fast. Just gives me room to move around.
2 X 4'x4' flower tents and a much smaller one for clones and mothers.

Just gave the girls a water before I get busy with other stuff. Hopefully we should see some flowers start soon.....

LR72.

Bit of an update.
Decided to get the second 4'x4' flower tent going.
So the biggest, healthiest clones got repotted into 2 gallon buckets, 9 plants.
IMG_20230228_070247677_HDR.jpg

Throwing them straight into flower, so after the stretch, they should be twice that size.

The Mangolicious is really quite slow, so there are none in that tent, just Super Skunk and Pineapple Express.

You can see here why they were kept to one side....
IMG_20230227_210507029.jpg

Will flower them separately later on.

Kept 3 mums and made sure they are healthy, ready to be reported in 2 gallon pots now.... My next job.....
IMG_20230227_210516660.jpg

Better get back to repotting, those roots need more room. 😁👍

Grow well!

LR72.

Right, Mums are reported and will stay in those pots for good......under the Philips LEDs....
IMG_20230228_082753505_HDR.jpg

The little Mangolicious may need weaker nutrients than the other 2 but they seem to come good later......
IMG_20230228_082804750_HDR.jpg

No repotting for them until roots fill those pots.

And got a snap of the flower tent with the 3 strains in 35L pots, about 8-9 gallons for you imperialists....hehe.........
IMG_20230228_082904256_HDR.jpg

Should be showing flowers soon, already a week or so into flower.

Time for coffee......

LR72.

Better get back to repotting, those roots need more room.
...and they ain't gonna repot themselves...😀

Nice work, LR- those 9 in the second 4x4 look ready to rock!
So, when you flower them early like that, what's the average yield per plant?

...and they ain't gonna repot themselves...😀

Nice work, LR- those 9 in the second 4x4 look ready to rock!
So, when you flower them early like that, what's the average yield per plant?
Lol. Sometimes I wish they would repot themselves....👍
If I didn't get at least 2oz per plant dried I would be very disappointed, that is conservative.
I threw them into 12/12 early so I can keep the temps down.
Even 18/6 will bring the temps up over 30C.
So I run them at night, 12/12 and that keeps me around 25-28C at lights on.
They will stretch in early flower , so should end up 3 times that size.
We will call that Tent #2.

Vegged right up like the Tent #1 they are good for 4-5oz per plant, maybe a tad more.
The CMH 315w set up seem to like shorter plants, they have good penetration...but the shorter plants get more light lower.

I have more globes/shades and ballasts and if the temps drop enough during mid flower I may smash them with 630w per tent, just see what happens.😁
I work around the environment and what the plants can handle.
At the moment the whole set up including fans etc is less than 800w, so it's cheap to run, but will put out enough for me to smoke some high grade and do a lil squishing.....I love my Rosin.
I still have my cheapo heated Rosin press, can't wait to use it again.

Introducing my Mate 'Squishy'........
IMG_20230228_120759143_HDR.jpg

I also put together a new vape rig, an Xvape Aria with a Ten slot Perc......
IMG_20230228_120929052.jpg

Does dry herb and concentrates, just a cheap rig, but heaps good enough for me.🤗
Been dying to try it out but no weed, so just have to look at it and dream.....😭

Soon my pretty.....soon.......

LR72.

Hey mate if I can just clarify

Are you running veg and flower at night time?

Ive been stuck in the heat trap of daytime lights on and had seriously considered a night time schedule.

I did wonder if its possible to just put them into flip and let them adjust coming from a day schedule to night post flip.
Hey DV8,
Yeah mate, run them at night, it is easier to keep temps down.
For flowering run them from about 9pm to 9am for your 12/12.
Then for veg, I run 20hrs on , 4 hours off.
You can do 18/6 as well, I just do 20/4 because my lil globes use bugger all power and it gets clones pumping fast.
Try and make it so the lights miss the hottest temps of the day, work with the environment, not against it.

If you want to change schedule post flip just let them go through your usual lights on time, then let them have 24 hours lights off, that way you don't stress them. Then hit those lights on a night schedule.
The plants don't mind the extra darkness but they won't like 24 hours continued lights on.

Hope that helps.👍

LR72.

Hey LR!

Grow looks great! In fact if you cleaned that floor it would be perfect!

🧹 🧽 💛

I love to grow but I’m all about the neatness lolling!
Hey Trala,
Lol. Yeah I know, it's a bit messy. It was those anti root binding/ air pruning pots.
First time I have used them without an outer pot.
Just thought I would try it like that, but was a lil messy until the Coco got wetted down.
I shall clean up before next pics, promise.😁

The Girls love the extra space and 315w CMH, just a pic after checking on them....excuse any mess.......
IMG_20230301_060950564_HDR.jpg

Hope you are all well.

LR72.

Hey DV8,
Yeah mate, run them at night, it is easier to keep temps down.
For flowering run them from about 9pm to 9am for your 12/12.
Then for veg, I run 20hrs on , 4 hours off.
You can do 18/6 as well, I just do 20/4 because my lil globes use bugger all power and it gets clones pumping fast.
Try and make it so the lights miss the hottest temps of the day, work with the environment, not against it.
Makes sense to me. It gets hot and dry here during the bulk of summer period.

Next year definitely my go to plan.
If you want to change schedule post flip just let them go through your usual lights on time, then let them have 24 hours lights off, that way you don't stress them. Then hit those lights on a night schedule.
The plants don't mind the extra darkness but they won't like 24 hours continued lights on.

Hope that helps.👍
Helps a lot. I was fairly certain lights out would be better but thanks for confirming.

In fact its really got me thinking if its something I could consider for all seasons. Guess the electricity bill will dictate that.

Im not sure I read anywhere what you give your girls to feed. Can you enlighten me on which products you prefer?

Certainly not underdeveloped, and your expected yields definitely make me curious.

Makes sense to me. It gets hot and dry here during the bulk of summer period.

Next year definitely my go to plan.

Helps a lot. I was fairly certain lights out would be better but thanks for confirming.

In fact its really got me thinking if its something I could consider for all seasons. Guess the electricity bill will dictate that.

Im not sure I read anywhere what you give your girls to feed. Can you enlighten me on which products you prefer?

Certainly not underdeveloped, and your expected yields definitely make me curious.
Hey DV8,
I use House & Garden, Van Den Zwan used to be the chemist for Canna, and then went out on their own to form H&G.
I use Cocos A+B because I'm in 70/30 Coco/perlite.
Then there's Root Excelorator for explosive root growth and protects them from nasties.
Amino Treatment to supply essential Aminos and Silica
Multi Zyme which dissolves dead roots and is also your Enzymes.
Then in mid flower you use Top Booster which is your P and K, and Bud XL to transfer sugars to the buds (Brix) for the last 3 weeks I use their flower enhancer Top Shooter which makes them plump right up, promotes new flowering.
Then a week of feeding straight water to flush it all out.

The only products I use beside that is a Cal Mag supplement especially handy if you recycle your Coco to replace the Calcium and Magnesium that gets used up.
And the Tanlin drops to keep pests away.

There are cheaper nutes and supplements, but I always get great results without using Plant Growth Regulators which can be nasty.

The products seem expensive but Root Excelorator is used at 0.3ml per litre, so goes a long way.👍

LowRider: Dont think youll learn much here

Also Lowrider: Here is a product range and how I use it readily available in Aus.

Also, your roots die but can be converted.

I swear as much as I know, Im still very much learning. Thanks for the good information and explainations mate, appreciate it.
No probs mate👍
There are plenty of peeps here that know more about growing than me.
I learn new things all the time, keeps the brain active.😁
H&G also have an app which will help you calculate what to use at what part of your Veg or Flower cycle, super handy and pretty spot on.
You just select the veg length, flowering length, and type in the size of your nute mix in litres and it does the rest.

It's a pleasure to help people when I can.👍

Update soon......Grow well!

LR72.

Back
Top Bottom