Hey Al, yeah think its just because of the height of them. Back to 9L buckets next time. The CMH is performing well but needs a shorter plant. Im happy with the quality of the buds I get but the extra long branches just mean more problems with bud weight, where as last grow, I tied or supported not one bud.

Im just about to hit them with a flower finisher that can really pack on the bud size, so hopefully they stand up to it..
literally. Lol.

:passitleft: Here, I just sparked it.

My buds feel pretty solid for the most part. I assume that's good to not be too squishy. Many of them are 5-7" tall. MH1 and Blueberry grew with minimal supercropping early on and so grew pretty straight. The others less so. MH1 and the White Russians seem the most floppy while NL is pretty strong except the late side branches (which are growing like 8" colas). I am pleased with the CMH lighting. Trichome production on NL is amazing.

I'm trying to avoid additives this time to see what my soil is capable of. I've begun pH'ing the water most times but other than that nothing. I have cal-mag and Doc's High Brix Tea but haven't used them.

You were a big reason I went with CMH and I haven't regretted for one second that choice.

My buds feel pretty solid for the most part. I assume that's good to not be too squishy. Many of them are 5-7" tall. MH1 and Blueberry grew with minimal supercropping early on and so grew pretty straight. The others less so. MH1 and the White Russians seem the most floppy while NL is pretty strong except the late side branches (which are growing like 8" colas). I am pleased with the CMH lighting. Trichome production on NL is amazing.

I'm trying to avoid additives this time to see what my soil is capable of. I've begun pH'ing the water most times but other than that nothing. I have cal-mag and Doc's High Brix Tea but haven't used them.

You were a big reason I went with CMH and I haven't regretted for one second that choice.
Thanks Al, just meant that the way I grew this time in 20L pots is more labour intensive for me, and with a bad back, 9L buckets offer more control and a canopy of buds is same, underneath is wasted growth.
Im going for minimal outlay for a decent yield. The CMH allow me to grow a decent tent......minimal cost.
I just use more nutes, need more coco in 20L pots, but the canopy is the same is what I mean. Phew.....too stoned..

H&G were the first coco nutes I used and never looked back. They are not cheap but in coco, hard to beat.
I find coco easier to manage than soil, and I recycle my coco and use again.

What was the question again? Lol.
Cured Peyote is not bad....

My buds will be good quality , as with yours , solid enough. I just dont get massive colas like HPS..... Then I have to remind myself that the whole tent is lit by 630w, so its half of what I used to spend on power as well and I get better yield per watt.

Week 7 Day 2

Grabbed a few pics of the Girls in flower but having trouble uploading them... Doh. Will do it as soon as glitch rights itself.

They are rolling along great.. Feeding 1L per day to keep nutes up to plant while on the Top Shooter, flower finisher.

You use it for 3 weeks at end of flower and it supplies a heap of P & K to pump the buds late in flower.
Temps been rising lately into summer but should be able to finish these easy and use the heat while drying to my advantage.
My back has suffered this grow, so next year its back to 9L buckets and maybe make some drain tables.

Im pretty sure harvest will come in around 2 pound but might strip the fan leaves off them and hang whole plants to dry now I have warmer weather.

Bloody picture uploader! Lol.

Ok, here goes again.... Lol

Week 7 , Day 3.... Roughly 2 weeks to go...

Got a few shots of the girls sunning themselves and packing on the frost....
Enjoy!
:ganjamon::Namaste:

Problem with pics was my end, malfunction in picture loader. Sorry.

LR.

Update time!

Girls are doing well to even be upright as the buds get thicker and Im glad the big ones are staked and smaller ones are tied.
I have given them full strength Top Shooter now with their 1/2 strength nutes and they will continue with that for the next 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.
Plants must be super healthy before using the flower finisher or they will suffer bad.

I gave up trying to get pots out of tent and feeding is now 1L per day per pot.
They will stay in there until harvest now.

Its pretty stinky in the Tent. I know they are the not huge buds, but the trichome production under CMH has suprised me again, all I did was add 1ml- 1L of cal mag to resi and feed nutes lower to compensate for extra N in cal mag.

Pics dont do the frost justice... This is just tent light, no flash.....

Oh, and thats a shaded lower bud.... Its crazy....I think if I get them to the end they are going to be great smoko.

WW joint and coffee for breakfast......

LR.

Update time!

Girls are doing well to even be upright as the buds get thicker and Im glad the big ones are staked and smaller ones are tied.
I have given them full strength Top Shooter now with their 1/2 strength nutes and they will continue with that for the next 1 1/2 - 2 weeks.
Plants must be super healthy before using the flower finisher or they will suffer bad.

I gave up trying to get pots out of tent and feeding is now 1L per day per pot.
They will stay in there until harvest now.

Its pretty stinky in the Tent. I know they are the not huge buds, but the trichome production under CMH has suprised me again, all I did was add 1ml- 1L of cal mag to resi and feed nutes lower to compensate for extra N in cal mag.

Pics dont do the frost justice... This is just tent light, no flash.....

Oh, and thats a shaded lower bud.... Its crazy....I think if I get them to the end they are going to be great smoko.

WW joint and coffee for breakfast......

LR.

Beautiful frost.

Welcome to Lowie's tent otherwise known as the Frost Factory!!! Lookin great that's going to be some potent smoke.
lol. Cheers N420. It is a little white in there.... I hope its not tooo sticky I gotta trim it....

Beautiful frost.
Cheers Al. Going for the Santas workshop look this grow.....hohoho...

Will get some good pics up next few days.
Oh, happy harvest Al! Hope it goes easy.

LR.

Update time!

Well this is the part of the grow I do not like.....waiting. Cmon Buds!
Luckily I have plenty buds to survive the wait.
Pretty much on Autopilot for next couple of weeks, just letting Top Shooter do its thang.
Buds are getting soo frosty now, packing the weight on.

Week 8 , Day 3........

Tent Left...

Tent Right...

Some close up pics....

Icky Sticky tent of Buds.....

Temps are starting to raise here, so glad to be near end. Going to get the occassional 35-40C day before I finish.
Luckily lights off is during day and can keep tent at 25-30C just with extraction fan and decent flow.
This is why the ballasts are mounted outside the tent now, less heat.
I could grow over summer, but I really love fishing..... Hehe. And its no fun fighting heat with no aircon, have an aircon , but makes it cost soooo much more to grow. I prefer to work around my climate the best I can to save money.

Enough White Widow ramble.....
hehehe.

LR72

How much longer do you figure on yours?

Beautiful trichome shots,LR- That last Gelat OG shot is unreal !
They're all awesome,but that shot is just...even more awesome!
I can hardly tell there's a plant under all that frost!

Jesus LR that trich development is insane! Can you tell me what brand of CMH you are using the heat from my HPS is going to kill me this summer, do you use any supplementary lighting? You think the 315 would cover a 5 x 5 area ok? Hope your back ain't giving you to much grief.

How much longer do you figure on yours?
Hey Al, 10 days or so. Just starting to see a few yellowing leaves here and there.

Beautiful trichome shots,LR- That last Gelat OG shot is unreal !
They're all awesome,but that shot is just...even more awesome!
I can hardly tell there's a plant under all that frost!
Cheers Carcass, I really like that shot too.
Sticky Shag pile Trichome Carpet.
hehehe.

Jesus LR that trich development is insane! Can you tell me what brand of CMH you are using the heat from my HPS is going to kill me this summer, do you use any supplementary lighting? You think the 315 would cover a 5 x 5 area ok? Hope your back ain't giving you to much grief.
Hey Curious, Back is behind me... Haha.

Max for 315w is 4'x4', Im right on the limit. I use Lucius Recom 315w kit but the HiPar units are the same. I use no supplimental lights.
More important than ballast make is globe choice. Go philips 3100K, best bulb. My system has fancy controller with temp sensors and light shut off at set temp. Cost me heaps, but makes life easy.

Maybe a 630w (twin 315w ) in a 5' x 5' mate, that would crank buds. Mount ballast outside tent, heat will be less but it will get warm in tent.
Full spectrum leds are supposedly low heat output, but I never used them.

Back to rollin.....

LR72

Cheers Bobby... Hehe. I like ya pic.
Bubbles is my favourite.
Theres something f*%$ey going on..!
hahaha.

Week 9 Day 1.

Have been hit with some pretty high temps lately, I am already running lights during night.
Juggling light times and reducing to 11 hours has kept temps below 30C, but only just.
Will let them run this week out then harvest time, getting too hot.

Sooo glad the ballasts are remote now and not in tent because at 30C in tent, the ballasts are pretty damn warm, even though they are rated to run up to 40C.
I have my high temp cut out set to 32C, soo if I over temp, ballasts switch off.
Neat little controller feature.

Heres a couple of frosty close ups I grabbed a few days ago.......

Will get some more shots at lights on, when I water.

Stay cool.

LR72

Week 9 , Day 2.

Girls are coping with the heat, seen a couple of bananas on a couple of plants, but thats from being close to finishing.

I have decided plants come down at end of week. They are getting their normal feed right now but last few days that will be just plain water, before I strip all the fan leaves.
Dont look too bad for plants that havent moved or had run off for 3 weeks. Lol.
Drip clean helps there.

Grabbed a couple of quick snaps while I checked on them. Buds flopping on a couple plants, rest are holding up well.
I may strip all the fan leaves at harvest and hang whole plants, not decided yet.

Anyhoo, .... Few tent shots.....

Right of Tent....
WP_20191111_05_17_25_Pro_LI.jpg

Left of Tent....

WP_20191111_05_16_53_Pro_LI.jpg

Whole tent shot......

WP_20191111_05_18_03_Pro_LI.jpg

Time to get everything organized for chop chop dayz are a coming!

Ride Easy.

LR72

Beautiful!
Great harvest coming up,LR !
I've got a harvest coming up too,but it's just a little one- about an hour of trimming -the one advantage of growing small plants!

Outstanding, mine haven't had run off either for a couple of weeks yet I haven't changed my feeding regime twice a day!

That's going to be a good harvest LR!

Back
Top Bottom