315W CMH, Coco, WW & DP Think Different Autos

Been debating on lowering the light their around 30in from the top of the canopy now but the ladies just keep growing towards them. I wonder if I should just lower it to the recommended 24in and just keep raising it as they grow.

Suggestions?

Hey me again with my two cents. With my Mars and non brand led. 600w and 300w. Has seedlings I'll keep it 30in. After couple weeks I'll bring them to 18in. During flower I'll let her get as close as 8 inches before I raise it anywhere from 12-18in. My non brand leds are same thing as the Mars. Pretty much though leds are meant for 24 to 18in.

Cool, always good when you can relocate and maybe save. It's almost heart breaking to pull a little seeding out then trash it.

You know what I just realized you were talking about an earlier post. Yes, I did end up trashing 2, frying 3 while I'm a paper towel, and fried another 2 that I hung. I always had a hard time germinating seeds until my last 3 seedlings that I relocated. Honestly I expected them to fail as well but I lucked out and found my sweet spot in terms of environment and method of germination.

Hey me again with my two cents. With my Mars and non brand led. 600w and 300w. Has seedlings I'll keep it 30in. After couple weeks I'll bring them to 18in. During flower I'll let her get as close as 8 inches before I raise it anywhere from 12-18in. My non brand leds are same thing as the Mars. Pretty much though leds are meant for 24 to 18in.

Thanks for the tip on the LEDs. However, I was actually talking about light distance with a CMH. Unfortunately, I cannot get anywhere near 12-18in with this light, regardless if it were veg or flower.

Day 40 update!

Had to give the ladies some room! Unfortunately the 2x2 has no ventilation at the moment and it's getting ridiculously hot in there with the LED.

Think Different

420-magazine-mobile808780877.jpg

420-magazine-mobile154114226.jpg

420-magazine-mobile201452991.jpg

White Widow

420-magazine-mobile751559669.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1633759562.jpg

Taking afew fan leaf might help with higher temps. Not 100% sure with that remark, but the less square inch of leaf should cut back on transpiration rates. I think. This is just a thought in my mind,, but it will help keep the airflow going. I always preach against harvesting fan leaf, but is a time and place. You might want to dig up abit of info about it abit, if your going to grow throughout the summer. Alot of tropical strains have minimal leafage.. Heat is why I shut down summertime. No, I can't lie, it's called lazy. My flower room needs a rebuild from controller to the rails and I even have one of them portable A/C units. I bought that sucker 2 years ago during a heat wave. All were sold ou and took 3 days to get.. By then it cooled down and I haven't used it yet... But when I do my cleanup for my next flip, I'm going to set it up. Ya right... But it's sure hard on a indoor grower, without A/C to do it after the ambient temps hit a certain temp.
GL and Keepem Green

Taking afew fan leaf might help with higher temps. Not 100% sure with that remark, but the less square inch of leaf should cut back on transpiration rates. I think. This is just a thought in my mind,, but it will help keep the airflow going. I always preach against harvesting fan leaf, but is a time and place. You might want to dig up abit of info about it abit, if your going to grow throughout the summer. Alot of tropical strains have minimal leafage.. Heat is why I shut down summertime. No, I can't lie, it's called lazy. My flower room needs a rebuild from controller to the rails and I even have one of them portable A/C units. I bought that sucker 2 years ago during a heat wave. All were sold ou and took 3 days to get.. By then it cooled down and I haven't used it yet... But when I do my cleanup for my next flip, I'm going to set it up. Ya right... But it's sure hard on a indoor grower, without A/C to do it after the ambient temps hit a certain temp.
GL and Keepem Green

That actually makes sense. I'll research a bit more. However they are autos and I'm not sure how clipping leaves will affect her.

I hear ya about setting things up. The initial setup was fun, but now I dread having to make modifications to the tent. Especially since it's so small. I have to pull everything out to make any changes

Looks like they are bushy & stretching up, the more leaves the more humidity, I put a second oscillating fan at floor level pointed at the lower branches, it seemed to help a lot pushing air up through and keeping the leaves dry.:thumb:

Yeah the one in the LED tent is no longer stretching, due to it being 2in away. Had to modify the hangers to get it about 10 in

Yeah the one in the LED tent is no longer stretching, due to it being 2in away. Had to modify the hangers to get it about 10 in

I changed out the hangers (cables) that came with my lights, I measured the distance between the tabs on the light housing and found some 60# fishing leaders that were about the same as the measurement, was able to gain about 12"...the cables that come with some of these lights are awfully long...they really don't need to be if you are using a ratchet hanger...that give you 6" of tent clearance when pulled all the way up which is about all that is needed!

I changed out the hangers (cables) that came with my lights, I measured the distance between the tabs on the light housing and found some 60# fishing leaders that were about the same as the measurement, was able to gain about 12"...the cables that come with some of these lights are awfully long...they really don't need to be if you are using a ratchet hanger...that give you 6" of tent clearance when pulled all the way up which is about all that is needed!

Yeah I did something similar. I just took the cables off, and attached the ratchet hangers directly to the hanging brackets on the LED.

Back
Top Bottom