My First Ever Grow Journal

Brett1980

Hi all just wanted to say hello and welcome to my first ever grow. Now im a newbie so bare with me just got my seeds from bonzaseeds great company its my 2nd lot of seeds i bought the 1st seeds i loved to death hence my 2nd lot of seeds.
This time i bought 3 money makers 2 special queen #1 and 1 pinapple chunk all seeds arived fairly quickly at 16 days i thought was pretty good. Ill post some pics off the seeds andy newbie germina
420-magazine-mobile2064319585.jpg
tion processs so enjoy.

Equipment
250w mh/has 300w led grow tent 1 100 mm exhaust fan 1* box fan intake 5gallon mesh grow pot's I'm still trying to figure out whether to use coco or straight soil decisions decisions.
Seeds are soaking as we speak.

Sent from my SM-N910G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile2127026150.jpg
just put the seeds into a cup of water post results soon as I have something to report.

Sent from my C6833 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi all just a little update heres the seeds partway threw germing.
I don't know weather to stick em under leds hps or what should i do just let them be.

420-magazine-mobile2004635571.jpg

Nice! Congrats on your first grow. Everyone here is really helpful, and there is loads of info on this forum.

Before my grow I've never grown anything in my life. There was a lot of trail and error. My first 4 seeds that I germinated died due to over watering through poor drainage. Make sure you put some holes in your solo cups for drainage(6 holes the diameter of a sharpie should do it).

Also when you transplant your seedlings make sure to just water around the jiffy pellets.

As far as light, wait till you get your first set of true leaves then switch to that 300w LED. Once they have their 3rd node you could probably get away with adding the MH. More will chime in I'm sure.

Personally I use my cfl's for about a week and a half after sprout before I turned on my LED.

When you say wait till they get there 1st set of true leaves do you mean i have to leave the seeds outside my grow tent because atm there sitting on top of the tent as they haven't even opened up properly i dont wanna kill the seeds there to f@#$ing expensive lol.

When you say wait till they get there 1st set of true leaves do you mean i have to leave the seeds outside my grow tent because atm there sitting on top of the tent as they haven't even opened up properly i dont wanna kill the seeds there to f@#$ing expensive lol.

What light source are you using on your seedlings now? They all seem to have sprouted.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just put them in the tent i just turned one of the lights off so half the tent is lit and the seed tray is in getting indirect light from the 250w mh light i have

Or is it fine to put them under the leds i can switch to the mh/hps i just thought its a bit early to giving direct ligh..?

Once they have sprouted out of your media, they should have light on them already(you have 4 that have sprouted based on pics).

Throw them under a cfl bulb like this pic below. They will start opening up to absorb the light.

If using a 100w cfl put it about 4in from the top of your tallest seedling.

I normally wouldn't use the 300w LED at this stage, but if that's all you have; get around 30in above the plant. If they start to stretch(stem seems really long)too much, lower the LED.

420-magazine-mobile1094226507.jpg

Ok so there under the leds at a distance of 30 inches I'll sit back and let them do their thing ill post pictures as soon as there's noticeable change and thanks komplex you've helped a ton cheers man smoke on

Heres my baby girls at day 2 not much has happened ive just given a light spray of water other then that nothing else to report. I thought i was going to loose a couple but looks like they're all going to make it.

420-magazine-mobile965142864.jpg

They're looking good bro. Watch that one on the bottom right. If she doesn't right herself in 2 days prop her up

Thanks for your help komplex I've been stressed with this grow and it hasn't even started yet lol. Just want the girls to grow as fast and as healthily as humanly possible doesn't help that i peak inside the tent every hour almost.

Thanks for your help komplex I've been stressed with this grow and it hasn't even started yet lol. Just want the girls to grow as fast and as healthily as humanly possible doesn't help that i peak inside the tent every hour almost.

No problem. I used to do the same thing when my girls were babies. What's your light cycle right now?

Back
Top Bottom