First Grow Ever!

If moisture content doesnt drop too low just make sure you burp from time to time.
I think I may have dried this last batch too fast by putting g the fan on the buds when they were drying. It's been like 3 weeks in jars and they still smell like hay. The last batch smelled great after a couple weeks but I didn't use the fan on them so idk

I always point my fan at the wall on low
Well, I put my box fan on high right in front of the the dry boxes everyday for like 5 or 6 days. It was very dry and crispy when I jarred them. From now on I'll let them dry on their own. No more rushing.

Well, I put my box fan on high right in front of the the dry boxes everyday for like 5 or 6 days. It was very dry and crispy when I jarred them. From now on I'll let them dry on their own. No more rushing.

Mornin JD, yes , what you tried , many have done before you , so don't feel bad OK. Next crop , here's what to do. Hang them , the branches on strings in the dark with between 50 -60 RH and room temp. Do not have any fan/s blowing directly on them , so are swayin in the breeze....this will cause them to dry out way too fast and create an uneven dry , making them burn terribly and harsh! It's fine to have an exhaust fan in the room for the smell but no circ. fans OK,...just let them hang and dry. It should take between 4-7 days to achieve this. When the little buds feel a bit crispy , take a lil budlet off a bigger, more moist bud or cola , roll up a J and if it burns Ok , without always going 'out' the lot is ready to trim off the branches, weigh up and in the jars. Remember , the longer the drying takes , the smoother and better the smoke will be. Cheers JD!:high-five:

Mornin JD, yes , what you tried , many have done before you , so don't feel bad OK. Next crop , here's what to do. Hang them , the branches on strings in the dark with between 50 -60 RH and room temp. Do not have any fan/s blowing directly on them , so are swayin in the breeze....this will cause them to dry out way too fast and create an uneven dry , making them burn terribly and harsh! It's fine to have an exhaust fan in the room for the smell but no circ. fans OK,...just let them hang and dry. It should take between 4-7 days to achieve this. When the little buds feel a bit crispy , take a lil budlet off a bigger, more moist bud or cola , roll up a J and if it burns Ok , without always going 'out' the lot is ready to trim off the branches, weigh up and in the jars. Remember , the longer the drying takes , the smoother and better the smoke will be. Cheers JD!:high-five:
Thanks man. And congratulations on the MOTM nomination.

Final dry weight on the Northern Lights Auto from GYO seedbank. My largest yield so far and my first indica so far. Here she is folks.
420-magazine-mobile390341117.jpg

I don't get out much anymore,,, but seems I timed it right for the harvest. Congrats... One thing that is better slow than fast, drying your herbs. It is something that a person has to do afew times to get it right. But that hay smell taste is from speed drying for sure. If a plants has smaller airy buddage, I leave it on the main stem. That will slow it alittle.. Or use the good old fashion brown paper bag.. GL and Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom