8 O.G. Kush - LED 1200W First Grow!

Get some water on outside of plant area in soil. That gets them roots to grow out looking for water.

Day 21: watered and first light.
IMG_68231.jpg
IMG_6824.jpg

love the plants looking good :) tastie OG Kush :yummy: hope to grow some myself sometime soon. are u trying to keep them at a certin hight, but still get a nice bit of bud ?:peace:

Thanks! no i haven't done anything to keep them short. they're just young.. idk maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Day 23. first light.
IMG_68412.jpg
IMG_68454.jpg
IMG_68436.jpg

Day 24: 3/18 light. Temp is still steady and they're still growing quickly!
Id love some input on when to switch them to 12/12. i know they're still young but i want to have an idea of when i should. i was thinking around 12".. idk..
like i said before i looking for 40-50g per plant.
IMG_68523.jpg
IMG_68503.jpg
IMG_68482.JPG
IMG_68473.jpg

Your grow looks great so far. Noob question, how do the 5 gal buckets drain? Did you drill holes in the bottom or something?

Hey Meriwether! Yes I have multiple drainage holes on each bucket. I use the lids to the buckets as stands to catch the water. Again, this is my very first grow and I kinda winged the few things that I couldn't get a clear answer on how to do it. Let just say I have beginners luck:) thank you for the comment!

As far as i know the rule of thumb is they are mature enough when they show pre flowers or the nodes start to stagger. However i have force flowered clones that are only a few weeks old and even nodes without issues. How tall do you want them to be? They double height or more on flower. If you are shooting for 3 feet tall for example switch them at about 1.5 feet or close to that.

Im looking to keep them around 3' tall so thank you for the info!

ill be 100% honest. I'm getting kinda nervous about flowering my plants.. I have ZERO experience with these plants and i don't know how to ID them before they go into flowering.. i know there are tons of forums about this but i still dont know for sure what a male vs female look like in veg.. so I'm hoping that in the next week they start to show a bit more of wha they are so i can remove the males..any help?:reading420magazine:

It is pretty easy to tell once they are flowing. As far as before flower just have to wait till pre flowers. The pre flower Calyx grows right next to the node above the leaf it will either put out 2 pistols (white hairs) and stay right where it's at (female). Or you get a stem in the same location with balls on it (male). The couple I put in flower before showing pre flowers I noticed flowers at the tops first. And if all else fails post a pic and ask.

The middle pic is looking like a female but to be honest they still have not shown pre flower yet to really tell. Still young. looking for the little hairs

Back
Top Bottom