C-Vault - anyone have any experience with these?

I am going to take a quarter or so of my fresh harvested plushberry (very smelly and flavorful) and put one in a cvault with a pack, one in a mason jar with a pack and one in a mason jar no pack. Give them a month and then do some comparisons, will report back with what I find. I do believe they effect the smell but am unsure about taste. My last batch certainly tasted great in the vaults but they all got cured and stored in them so I have nothing to compare against.

Look forward to seeing your results!

Hey smokeymcfly,
I tried the boveda 62's. I liked them for longer term storage w/ zero shake. The buds were too moist for my liking for smoking, but that was easily remedied by letting a few sit out for a while, then smoking.

I am not using them this time though. Simply hanging till dry, mason jar curing, then sealed in a food saver bag in week or so increments for my own personal use.

I have chatted with others on the forum and I think the consensus was that the buds in a jar with a boveda62 were slightly too moist for a good smoke.

I will post my thoughts when im home and next to a pc (on my phone). I've read that a 60% is in the works.

As for the aroma, it does dissipate some (not happy with that) however, the taste seems to remain the same.

Its worth noting that I'm not using these to cure, only for storage.

I'll have to find the actual source, I believe it was on their website when they announces the 54% for canni. "We are hard at work at our skunworks factory formulating a 60%" or something along those lines...post when I get home tonight.

Good eve ladies and gents...I found the post about I was talking about with regards to the 60% packs in the works, but I was mistaken they are stable 59% (even better for me imo). please see below.

"We're always trying to improve our products and release relevant RH's that'll continue to impress people (that's why the new 54%, originally for herbal meds but some people want it for cigars), so we'll keep plugging away in the Skunkworks facility to make a "stable" 59% that you'd love. Cheers! Charlie"
source: posted November 10, 2014.

For full post see here...
Boveda 54% RH 8g pack hit the market - Page 2

Just got another vault in (medium) and just got in some fresh meds (Candy jack, key lime, L.S.D) and placed just under and ounce in a new vault with no pack... I'm interested to see how the smell, taste and texture hold up against what I've already experienced.

The only reason I switched from mason jar was I'd forget and leave the jars out in the open (in light) and I felt it was messing with stuff...

They have a newly released for cannibals only 54% but I feel that's too low.

Anyway, feel free to check it out for yourself, I will report back on my other findings...

Good eve ladies and gents...I found the post about I was talking about with regards to the 60% packs in the works, but I was mistaken they are stable 59% (even better for me imo). please see below.

"We're always trying to improve our products and release relevant RH's that'll continue to impress people (that's why the new 54%, originally for herbal meds but some people want it for cigars), so we'll keep plugging away in the Skunkworks facility to make a "stable" 59% that you'd love. Cheers! Charlie"
source: posted November 10, 2014.

For full post see here...See post 19
Boveda 54% RH 8g pack hit the market - Page 2

Just got another vault in (medium) and just got in some fresh meds (Candy jack, key lime, L.S.D) and placed just under and ounce in a new vault with no pack... I'm interested to see how the smell, taste and texture hold up against what I've already experienced.

The only reason I switched from mason jar was I'd forget and leave the jars out in the open (in light) and I felt it was messing with stuff...

They have a newly released for cannibals only 54% but I feel that's too low.

Anyway, feel free to check it out for yourself, I will report back on my other findings...

Happy thanksgiving/Happy holidays all!

Ok, so the sativas I've listed above w/o a pack and certainly retained their aroma, moreso than the with the pack but this only been a day...I will update in a few more days, I will have definitive results then (Texture and aroma)

I don't want any vendor or anyone to hate me for this but I'm very meticulous with whatever I do and something is not 100% correct. I will continue to test, but the 62% are too high imo and the cardboard packaging do something to the meds (like pull the smell) that I dislike)....I know many may have experienced this but I also noticed most posted that are curing and not storing....Aromas will change as you cure (somewhat and hopefully for he better) so to me that's invalid...

I really want to see if most of this has been a great marketing campaign like a Monster products....

the main use i seen for the 62% packs were to bring life back to completely dried out crumbly to the touch flowers. there was a video on youtube a of a guy in canada that was testing the 62% out. his results looked amazing, cant say anything about the smell although he did say it smelt amazing and before he put it in he said it just smelled old and had hardly any scent.

it will be nice to see if they come out with a pack that actually keeps the flowers perfect.

i myself havent had a issue with my harlequin, although my sour tsunami i could have dried it out a lil longer before i put it in jars with the pack. i had to burp the sour tsunami jars for about 2 weeks but they were packed to the top too..

I&i

I've been curing and storing one of my plants from the last run (harvested Jan1) in some Cvault cans. I stored and cured all my other plants in glass jars as usual. I've burned thru all or most off my my glass stored nugz and am finally getting to the Cvault stored buds. I can directly compare jarred buds to the Cvault stored buds and can say HANDS DOWN the Cvault buds are heads above the glass stored buds in taste, aroma and potency. I'm using the 62% large packs so the buds are still a little too moist for a good burn but letting them sit for a few hours out of the container and they are good to go. I'm impressed with the results. As noted they are a little pricey if you have a lot of bud to store. I grow for personal use only so "for me" it's THE best way I've found so far to store meds in.

The stainless steel is food grade 18/10 stainless so absolutely fine for long term storage. I have not found any degradation of smells compared with the glass jars and in fact the smell and flavors have been enhanced, I can compare this with the aging of a fine wine.
I'm about ready to harvest another set of ladies so I ordered some more cans and a few of the largest size (enough for a 1/2lb each) I think.

I put my buds into the cans after 5 days of dry, winter time RH% is quite low and had to add some humidity. Put the buds in the can BEFORE the stems snapped - they bent like a piece of straw and were dry to the touch. I did the same with the buds stored in jars.

Back
Top Bottom