C-Vault - anyone have any experience with these?

Re: C-Vault...anyone have any experience with these?

And what's the best way to store them afterwards?

Cool, dark, airtight storage with constant humidity is ideal for storage. I plan to use Boveda packs in quart size glass mason jars kept in a closed box to keep out light. The C-vault mentioned by Governmentchz takes care of all of that in one container.

Well gov, first off your've got me on the hempy train, which by the way was invented by an Aussie (should be taught in our schools) and now this bong and bowl cough cough smoker is interested in curing & vaporisers, I'm about to be laughed out of Australia, we don't do this with our gear. So I see your thread, pull up, give it a read, pop over to the c/vault page, yep I'm in, your've got me again. So this will cure your buds and store them at the same time? You have to do anything after cure process to store? Do they keep curing? Can you cure buds for too long, turn them into pickles? How long will they store for? Get buds smokeable dry and put them into the containers? Man I've smoked for too long and too often, without the refined pleasures. My pleasures for to long have been hoping the bong hasn't too much water in it so I don't get splash back haha. Well next will be working on finding some of those strains you blokes get to grow with, but hopefully curing can make the old bag seed taste a little better. Peace man
Lil sis, merry f'en Christmas. How can anyone top that gift lol peace

lmao. Hey man, I was in a similar boat, but an old hippie turned me on to vaporizing about a year ago and I doubt I've burned more than 3 joints since.

I needed to come back here anyway for a small update since it's been a few weeks since I put some buds away to store and season. A few days ago I cracked the container with the full oz in it and though it was in good shape and pretty fresh when I put it in there it still smells quite pungent and the buds are sticky and spongy. All good in my book. I've been "working" out of the smaller one and it's a cool stash container.

I'm sold on hempy too btw. I'm still a couple weeks from the finish line, but this has been so easy and worry-free that it will, no-doubt, be my "default", though I can still see myself trying some other methods in the future.

:peace:

Update: After 3 months in cure, my meds are still in perfect condition, and I would easily argue, they are getting better every day. They have definitively gotten more potent as the cure gets better. I still haven't changed any boveda packets, and I check them at least once a week.

A big :thumb: for the C-Vaults.

:peace:

Hi Gchz.:ciao:
I purchased the same set of C-vaults as you right around the same time. I also just purchased the "Mega-Vault" which holds about a pound I would say. Make the whole curing process much less stressful, I still burp everyday, mainly cause I wanna see my buds, but with CVaults you don't need to burp.
I love the C-vaults, even if you only got a small one for your personal stash, it would be well worth it. The bovida packs maintain the humidity at 62%, which is perfect for MMJ. If your buds are dry and taste like hay, it adds moisture and re-hydrates your buds bringing the smell and taste back. If your buds are too wet it draws the moisture out and cures the buds, getting the buds to the perfect 62% humidity lvl. I sound like a commercial but these things are great. no BS.

Gove & Stealth, I think you guys have convinced me to "pull the trigger" on a set of these for when my harvest comes ready. I had seen them a couple times before but always wondered if they would really work that well for MMJ, glad to hear they do.

sorry but after i seen his video (strain from spain) and seen how excited he was about that purp he came across. i had to show some of our Purple VooDoo

20140618_142036.jpg
20140618_142029.jpg

So why not just use the humi packs in normal mason jars? Are these containers not perfectly air tight or doing something special? It looks like the magic is the little packets not the metal jar?

You certainly could get the boveda packs and put them in your current container system. The C-vaults really are a spin-off from the kimche pots, but there are a couple other advantages too. First, they are light-tight. Light (and particularly sunlight) are bad for curing meds. Second, I don't know why, but they have an intrinsic ability to minimize shake and/or bud breakdown. I have 6 of these in different sizes and can attest to the statement they reduce and almost eliminate shake in the bottom of the container.

For the record, I cracked the last 8bk cola I had curing in them since New Year's. Yes, that's 7 months in cure and the last bud is still fresh and perfectly cured. It's also testament to the fact that the best meds need more time than the "minimum" of 2 weeks.

In my assessment, these containers work perfectly and provide an easy, secure way to store meds in their best condition. My first batch stored in them continued to get better for at least 2 months. It was really noticeable. Now I suppose it would be the same or similar to other storage/curing methods, but these C-Vaults are in my closet to stay. In fact, I need 2 more.

Cheers COorganics. I can also say, the smallest size I gifted to a friend (with a boveda pack mind you) and the next-smallest size is the one I use as an "active" supply container. So, I really have little use for the smallest one. The one they list as "medium" is a good size, but still struggles to hold a full zip. It'll hold it, but I find the nugs need to be a bit more dry and cured then they will settle slightly and fit well. The ones I feel would serve the "average" home grower would be the XL (they can hold about 3+ zips and aren't too big) and a medium for the overflow initially and for a smaller "working" container. This would be ideal for a good-sized adult plant that yields ~4 zips.

I want to get another L and XL size as I'm expanding to a 3-plant cycle instead of two and I like to have one of each for each plant. If I ever got larger in my grow, I would either get a mega-vault or simply make hash with whatever didn't fit..

Thanks for the info on these, they really look great! I was going to just go with mason jars and the packs but we seem to keep dropping things on the tile floor and I don't feel like trying to pick glass out of my harvest :thedoubletake: I ended up ordering a kit plus an additional xl and some additional packs. I think i'm gonna get around to getting a wine cooler to keep them in when I can. My temps dont get below 72 anywhere in the house and its even warmer than that most of the time so not ideal for longer term storage.

just got some of the packs! got some of their small guys right now sitting in some mason jars and got some bigger packs on their way via mail..

cant wait to try some after sat with a pack for awhile. anyone have a rough idea on how long it takes for a good cure with one of these? i recently was told they get hard when they are no longer good so that was great to read!

I&i

I have been using the packs for a while and I don't know that it really cures faster but better... Not a very good explanation is it..:confused:... It still takes a good 2 to 3 weeks for the buds to tighten up and pull together but I have some that has been curing about a month and is good and ready to smoke but I have some that has been curing longer that certainly got stronger with age. My Wild Thai was a easy 5+ two weeks into cure but now at 2 month it is an easy 8.... I think it helps with mold and in general yuckiness too... Oh and they told ya right... they do get hard and crunchie when they are done but they last a real long time..:circle-of-love:

well i put one pack in a 1 liter mason jar full of real popcorn dry flowers so well see what happens. ill take a before and after pic.

also put 2 inside a large 1 gallon mason jar with some of my grape ape and will take pics before and after of that as well.

really excited as i havent seen one negative comment about these!

I&i

Back
Top Bottom