Cachagua's bag seed 1st time grow journal

Hey McBuds, thank you so much for stopping by bro.
Below is a post in my journal from Ms. Fox weeks ago when I was first seeing the problem, below was her reply.
No, the nute solution you add should be at 6.5. The runoff should be between 5.3 - 5.5. ;-)

This is the problem I have with my journal and why I feel like i was chasing my tail around in circles until now that is is too late really.
Your post suggest 6.3 to 6.5 runoff which is what I thought originally also, but after Ms. Fox's post, since she is grow support moderator I took her word as gospel and left the run off stay n the low 5's ph wise.

Get your runoff pH up to 6.3-6.5.. 5's is too low for soil. Leaves will be dying off around now due to the fact you are a good ways into flowering...

Any chance the plants are sitting in the runoff at all or do you evacuate any excess runoff that may be sitting in a saucer underneath the pot? I had a plant do this and it got sick looking like what you are seeing.

The pots I am using have these built in drain pans.
When I water or feed, I use the 20% run off rule, and in fact some of the water does remain in the catch pans, but that is usually gone the very next day as I have enormous air flow in my box.
I would guess that the air in my box is exchanged 2 to 3 times per minute which helps me manage temps and not for any other reason.
I have to water every other day or they wilt without question.

Looks like you were running fox farms nutes.. You should be good with Tiger Bloom 15ml per gallon and cal-mag+ at 3ml per gallon til week 5/6 then no more cal-mag and just TB the next week then flush for a week.

I am already at week 7 in the flower stage bro, I have Beastie Blooms, Cha-Ching, Open Sesame, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Grow Big, SuperThrive, Cal-Mag and thats it as far as nutes go.

I have used them all based on the Fox Farms schedule at the prescribed intervals and combination's.

Are you suggesting that I back off of everything else now and just use Tiger Bloom until a week before harvest at which time I flush with water only for a week?

Thank you so much bro for stopping by, it is genuinely appreciated!
I will post up some pics tonight when I can get in there.

Hey McBuds, thank you so much for stopping by bro.
Below is a post in my journal from Ms. Fox weeks ago when I was first seeing the problem, below was her reply.

This is the problem I have with my journal and why I feel like i was chasing my tail around in circles until now that is is too late really.
Your post suggest 6.3 to 6.5 runoff which is what I thought originally also, but after Ms. Fox's post, since she is grow support moderator I took her word as gospel and left the run off stay n the low 5's ph wise.

The pots I am using have these built in drain pans.
When I water or feed, I use the 20% run off rule, and in fact some of the water does remain in the catch pans, but that is usually gone the very next day as I have enormous air flow in my box.
I would guess that the air in my box is exchanged 2 to 3 times per minute which helps me manage temps and not for any other reason.
I have to water every other day or they wilt without question.

I am already at week 7 in the flower stage bro, I have Beastie Blooms, Cha-Ching, Open Sesame, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Grow Big, SuperThrive, Cal-Mag and thats it as far as nutes go.

I have used them all based on the Fox Farms schedule at the prescribed intervals and combination's.

Are you suggesting that I back off of everything else now and just use Tiger Bloom until a week before harvest at which time I flush with water only for a week?

Thank you so much bro for stopping by, it is genuinely appreciated!
I will post up some pics tonight when I can get in there.

I've always had great results with just TB and CM+. I've tried PK 13/14 on several grows and never really saw any great advantage. So I kept it simple. Good pH 6.5 +/-, TB@15ml/gal, Cal-Mag+@5ml/gal (CM until 3 weeks before harvest.

I would not add all the extra stuff in until you gain the experience and master growing with the basics. Then you will be able to read your plants better. Its always easier to recover from too little than it is too much.

Hydro pH should be around 5.4-6.3
Soil pH should be around 6.2-6.8

If you're strains are 8-9 week strains just flush now til harvest. Leaves will die and fall off, dont worry too much about it at this point.

Thanks McBudz,
I really appreciate the help bro.
This has been a fantastic experience for me so far, even though I started whining a little earlier in my journal about nobody visiting, it has still proven to be a fantastic learning platform.
I feel completely capable of keeping the soil PH in the specified range, but as we discovered I had conflicting information early on which ultimately lead to the condition my ladies are in right now.
Had I known 3 weeks ago that the run off PH should have been in the mid 6's I feel like I could have retained a nice canopy and probably increased the yield if not the potency of the final product.
Next grow will be much better based on what I have learned so far!

Thanks again brother!

Thanks for the bump stanky,
Things are looking pretty much the same.
It really feels like I threw the anchor out with all these fan leaves dying off so early in the game,
There is definite new growth specifically in teh amount of pistils these gals are throwing out, but the overall swelling of the bud sites has pretty much halted.
I have one that looks like it may be a week or 2 away from being ready, the others are not showing any signs of color change on the pistils yet.

The other strange thing is that these plants are not really that pungent, they dont smell strong at all.
However, when I touch any of the buds and get stickies on my fingers, that smells amazing, but puttng my nose up to the buds and taking a whiff, they smell like any other plant really.

Smoked a small bud last night that broke off 2 days ago.
I let it dry out side of the grow box which is pretty damn hot during the day so it became smoke ready in 2 days of sitting out.
I can tell you that I got extremely high, but the taste was just so so.
It smelled amazing when I ground it up and as I was rolling it up, but it tasted green even though it was fully dried out and smoked perfectly.

Thanks again for the bump bro, I will be getting some pics in the next day or 2, I have been working long hours so timing has been off a bit.

What Happened to Your Grow?

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey guys sorry for taking so long to reply.
I just sort of let this journal die off because I did not feel like I was getting much attention so it was frustrating to continue to ask for help and not really get it.

All things considered, for a bag seed grow, it went ok, the results were decent.
The buds are all curing in jars after a nice pre cure process of hanging in the grow room in the dark for about 8 days with a fan on.

Final weight for the 8 plants that made it all the way through was 20.7 oz.

The smoke is not that great, tastes good for the first few hits on a joint but when it gets down to about half the joint, it starts tasting really harsh, no sweetness to the smoke at all except for the first few hits. It is exceptionally stoney and provides good pain relief for me, but my wife finds it far to "up" of a high, she said it make her wired and wide awake.
Consequently, that is exactly the kind of medication I require, good strong pain relief, yet clear headed enough to work and not feel couch locked.
My wife has decided that she wants me to grow an indica strain or 2 for her which I will gladly do.

Right now I have a Sativa dominant grow in process.

The Pure
Super Canalope
Rusty (northern cali old school outdoor strain)
And a clone from the bagseed grow, just to see if I can grow it without all the leaves dying off.

I started with Super Canalope, The Pure, Durban Poison, Early Durban.
Unfortunately the Durban Poison and Early Durban went male on me.
I have one Durban Poison which hermied, it is still in play in a separate space under CFL's in full flower right now, so at least I will get to taste it, even though it will probably have a few seeds.

I saved the Early Durban male, a Super Canalope male, and a The Pure male.
My plans are to cross breed the Rusty with each of the other males and see what I get. I have cloned the rusty for this purpose specifically.

So far all my new girls are in full flower, one of my Super Canalope's is having an issue, if you care to have a look, here is the link, I need some expert advice.

Problem(s) need some advice please

Back
Top Bottom