Can Coco Coir Get Moldy

Profit

I notice a little bit of white on the top of my coco coir in which i have a mother starting in the mother is in a three inch rockwool and then planted in the pot of coco coir. I think I did water it to much so I have been letting it dry out and sitting it on paper towels to suck the moisture out of the bottom. but anyways I cant seem to find anything about mold on coco coir.../??

Pictures always help us Profit if possible. But How long have you noticed this? Also what stage is the plant in? You may have watered the Rock Wool too much and caused an acidic reaction sitting in the coco coir. I make sure my rock wool is fully buried in the soil as not to encourage a mold reaction on top of the RW being exposed above the soil line surface.

Pictures always help us Profit if possible. But How long have you noticed this? Also what stage is the plant in? You may have watered the Rock Wool too much and caused an acidic reaction sitting in the coco coir. I make sure my rock wool is fully buried in the soil as not to encourage a mold reaction on top of the RW being exposed above the soil line surface.

I cant really give pictures because i was worried so took the top layer of the coco coir out and am now still waiting for it to dry out more. but if i were to describe it it was just like a little bit of whitish ontop of some of the coco coir more towards the edges closest to the pot.,...I'm really un-educated on this coco-coir stuff.. how often should it be watered. I currently have a 5 '' mother in the veg state. so i should completely cover the rockwool with the coco coir though?

Back
Top Bottom