Can Fruit Flies pollenate my girls?

I have never had a male cannabis plant but I do get fruit flies.

Is it possible for them to pollenate my girls?

Only if they have a male around to get pollen from then carry it to a female. Even if a male fruit fly humps your girls his 'pollen' won't do anything.

Your parents did give you the birds and bees talk didn't they? ;)

:peace:

Pollen flies as dust, so a slight breeze can pollinate your girls, but since you are indoors (I suppose?) this reduces the likelihood of that happening

While it’s not likely but yes so can a fruit fly if it has tracked in pollen by visiting a male weed plant with open flowers before visiting your garden or a fruit fly could do the same from an open nanner on your girl but hey we’ve all got electric fans to help with that part anyway. Bees are the main pollinator tho not flies or gnats

You said fruit flies but I’m suspecting fungus gnats and if you see them flying over canopy, landing on foliage or soil then there’s probably an orgy going on in your garden.

Fungus gnats - no they dont pollinate. They cant fly very well so just put a fan on the soil line. To reproduce they need to fly to the soil and lay eggs. Fan on the soil line they dont make it back to the soil. Poof gone.

Fungus gnats - no they dont pollinate. They cant fly very well so just put a fan on the soil line. To reproduce they need to fly to the soil and lay eggs. Fan on the soil line they dont make it back to the soil. Poof gone.
Thanks I have done that. I also found that a small bowl of apple cider vinegar attracts and kills them but the fan at the soil line was the magic solution.

I use BT from crushed mosquito dunks. Mix it in the top 1 inch of media. I use about a teaspoon in a 7 gallon grow bag.
I do this (but with the bits, not dunks) combined with the fan under the canopy, and 0 problems with gnats this crop.

Back
Top Bottom