Can I water my cannabis plants only once a week?

Phillybonker

Could I get away with watering my cannabis plants once a week?, it's just that I'll be growing in the bush and I work during the week days so I can't water the plants more than once a week, which will be in the weekend.

I'm going to be growing Power Plants. Temperatures reach 26°C.

Too many variables to answer. If you live in the mid south, you get rain to help, but in the west where rain is scarce, no. How hot does it get, are you in the ground or pots, do they get full sun all day, how much wind, what is the water holding capacity of the soil, how big is the plant...?

If farmers grow corn around you without irrigation, you probably can, but you will need to plant early, and cultivate around the plant. Some of the biggest plants I have seen were wild hemp growing along fence lines where corn was growing. Central Illinois is loaded with it. I've seen huge plants in an old corral in Kansas, too.

Yes, you can water once a week, BUT does not mean the plant will live or thrive.

Here in the US, there are polymers better known as water beads or water storing crystals offered in garden centers or online. These can be added to the soil mix, they swell up when wet and store water so the plant can access the water later. However, I’ve never used them so no firsthand experience and I’ve never heard of weed growers using them. I have seen them in spring season at garden centers and thought of using them in a guerrilla grow. Miracle grow makes their version of them too. Although I’m not a fan of miracle grow products- I don’t think they would risk their reputation on bad technology. Still this doesn’t mean they will work well for this crop.

Another possibility is Vulx. I believe it’s a polymer that has similar water retention properties. I don’t have experience with this either but they are a sponsor here.

Perhaps other growers here can offer firsthand experience.

Welcome to the forums at 420!

Dont agree. Never ever grew a plant outside in the ground which required multiple daily waterings.
My plants would have died this summer it was hitting 110 in the sun plus. I had to water three times daily . Your vibes not so good right now in my book! In fact again it is time to enact the ignore option.

It is o'k to disagree but to intentionally disagree when you are wrong is completely different many variables like how much water does the medium hold how hot is it how low is humidity how much direct sun do they get how much wind is drawing water from leaf surface and so on. To say one time a week is o'k would help many folks growing outdoors in high heat and low humidity kill there plants in a few hours not days if there medium does not hold enough water or there containers are way to small.

My plants would have died this summer it was hitting 110 in the sun plus. I had to water three times daily . Your vibes not so good right now in my book! In fact again it is time to enact the ignore option.
Up to you. I been growing outside for over 40 years. we hit over 110 in the shade here. I found thick mulching was the key. Never need to water more than twice a week. Sorry for disagreeing based on my personal experience.

It is o'k to disagree but to intentionally disagree when you are wrong is completely different many variables like how much water does the medium hold how hot is it how low is humidity how much direct sun do they get how much wind is drawing water from leaf surface and so on. To say one time a week is o'k would help many folks growing outdoors in high heat and low humidity kill there plants in a few hours not days if there medium does not hold enough water or there containers are way to small.
Kind of strange. Because you liked someone else posts which stated a similar thing to mine. Too many arseholes on this site picking fights for no reason I think. I dont need this just for stating my opinion. Leave you people to it.

Hi @Phillybonker and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
That is probably not going to work out very well, especially if they are in containers and cant get to any ground water. If you are using containers, get at least 10 gallon ones and when you carry water to your plants, take several gallons apiece. Gorilla growing is not for the lazy or the time constrained.
I'll be growing in the bush, not in containers. And the strain is power plant not gorilla glue.

Thanks anyway.

Too many variables to answer. If you live in the mid south, you get rain to help, but in the west where rain is scarce, no. How hot does it get, are you in the ground or pots, do they get full sun all day, how much wind, what is the water holding capacity of the soil, how big is the plant...?

It gets up to 26°C. I'm planting in the ground. Yes the plants will get full sunlight all day. Average amount of wind. I'll be using worm casting and coco coir. Power Plants grow lots of big buds and reach a height of 5 feet.

Back
Top Bottom