Canada's New Cannabis Law

FeloniousPunk

Hi All,

I think it is ugly, but it does move us forward. We will be one of a few countries with legal cannabis.

I think it is morally bankrupt of the federal government NOT to allow carte blanche for minor possession. How many more people are going to have criminal records in the next year because some cop has attitude?

Peace. :peace:

Well it is ridiculous for a small posession but once they legalixe they you will be able to have 4 plants at home without a license with a medical license you can grow the # of plants based on your prescription. We will be the ONLY country with legal cannabis. Lets not forget the difference between decriminalization and legalization. Legalization means its legal and sold in stores and if you have it on you no fine or jail. Decriminalization means doesnt go on your criminal record but they still give you a fine. Also no country has it legal. Portugal has it decriminalized and the netherlands the growing part is still illegal. Canada will be the first to fully legalize as a country as the US only states legalized federally its still illegal. We will pave the way. I dont care i have my card and license to grow my own. Lol

Hey All,

As npstrs says we are in elite company. According to Wikipedia we will be the 2nd country to legalize cannabis. We are following Uruguay. There are hicups in their process, but they are the leaders.

South Africa and Spain are also very progressive.

Here is the Wiki link

Legality of cannabis by country - Wikipedia

Notice the Netherlands. Everybody thinks it is all legal there. Much more grey...

Peace. :peace:

The legal situation in Canada is pretty weird. It's legal to buy and sell cannabis seeds, there are grow shops that sell a huge range of grow guides and growing and trimming equipment, and in some places you can pretty much just walk around blazing a J as long as you don't walk up to a cop and blow smoke in his face, but weed is still technically illegal.

The legal situation in Canada is pretty weird. It's legal to buy and sell cannabis seeds, there are grow shops that sell a huge range of grow guides and growing and trimming equipment, and in some places you can pretty much just walk around blazing a J as long as you don't walk up to a cop and blow smoke in his face, but weed is still technically illegal.
I was in vancouver alot lateky and you can just buy weed and medicate all over Gastown

Feels like another country.

I'm legal so not much changed for me.

It will be just like Big Tobacco when Turdeau is done.

Well buying stuff isnt illegal. You can buy to grow tomatoes all year round. As for seeds. Netherlands has the same rules for growing. You can be all set up with no seeds ur good. The second you germinate a seed and plant it its illlegal. BC is special as they have always had a culture of cannabis. However it still remains illegal without a prescription. Same for compassion clubs and dispensaries. And you can lose you license if you buy from them and get caught

For my feelings on 'legalization' here in Canada I'm just going to copy and paste whatever the f it was that I was blathering about it in my journal last night, which was probably the same thing I've said before, in response to Nivek saying something about how the government reported that cannabis is most effective when used anally. Or something.....

.....but first I just wanted to comment about the government wanting to stick things up my ass. I know maybe that's not exactly what you meant but I can't resist. Because people keep talking about it lately and how someday we will be 'allowed' to grow four plants each and everything will be highly restricted and regulated and monitored and blah blah blah fucking blah....
Of course they want to put stuff up our asses, and charge us for it too. Of course those guys feel that way. Because they are generally stuck inside staring at computer screens all day, or in horrible meetings, or flying around in sardine cans, with nothing satisfying to do except calculate how to get more power and money and benefits, while I may or may not be outside doing things I actually enjoy doing, like possibly digging up my weed infested garden in the sun while smoking large amounts of herb which may or may not even be 'legal' and taxed and accounted for. Oh god forbid.

So of course they want to control the smoking habits of everyone else in the land, for financial gain, or for misguided moralistic reasons. Ie- for the same two reasons as always. Greed and/or fear.

Newsflash just in today shitheads.

Legal cannabis here at Weasel's house will continue to take the form of a highly unregulated and heavily unrestricted approach, guided by findings put forward by a panel of millions, which has studied the issue thoroughly for hundreds and hundreds of years. Policy adheres closely to the laws of nature and common sense. Production will be strictly controlled to make sure that friends and family never run out of good herb, and restrictions will continue to be enforced to ensure that greedy idiots with their heads jammed up their asses continue to remain where they belong- as far away as possible. Not only are their muffled cries for money and attention rendered completely indecipherable by the aforementioned head/ass proximity, they are further reduced in effect,
from zero effect, to-
less than zero effect,
by
complete and utter lack of caring on the part of the weasel family,
and
by the known healing properties of thick pot smoke and good music.

Those guys can put this news flash up their asses, if they like. I've heard it's more effective that way.

The government is a sort of liaison between big business and the commoners, set up to make the situation more functional for both sides. So any idea of actual legalization just isn't on the table. Not only is it not an option because it doesn't fill the requirements of the prime directive, greed, true/actual legalization isn't even a figment of imagination for the type of people that are forming this legislation. Because they don't have it in their consciousness. It's not an option because it's just not there, and would just be laughable if someone came along and suggested that they don't have the right to control a plant.
I'll just continue to ignore those sleaze-bags except to laugh at them.

I had to go to court in Calgary an as cops judges an lawyers were walking in an out of the building people were smoking mj right out front on the park benches lol if I tried that where I live now I'd be in deep doodoo

I have my medical card and i bet i go in town where i live it would be a problem. They arent very good here either for stuff like that

I had to go to court in Calgary an as cops judges an lawyers were walking in an out of the building people were smoking mj right out front on the park benches lol if I tried that where I live now I'd be in deep doodoo

I lived in Toronto for 4 years, and people used to stand in line for the club across the road from me, all blazing away. There are a couple of streets near Church and Wellesley where there's a strong smell of weed; pretty sure a few people are growing there.

I'm in BC. Things have relaxed a little since I started smoking about 35 years ago. But they haven't changed hugely. We always smoked in public to some extent. You get less dirty looks now when you smell like pot. What's changed quite a bit is the paranoia around growing your own, and the explosion of info on the infonet. Vaporizers are great. I figure I'll always be slightly 'illegal' one way or another , just for existing, with my bad attitude...

If your a medicinal user you can smoke where ever ciggarrete smokers are allowed to smoke, that means walking your arse in public anywhere ya can smoke a ciggarette.

Now if the rules they want go in effect next June 2018 for Recreational users.

They will allow ppl to carry up to 30 grams out in public and if your caught with more then its a fan or court appreance for probabtion or jail as it all depends on how much you had on you.

If you sell or give MJ away to a minor... ur looking at 14 years in jail... yep thats it no crying like a baby... its 14 years not up to either.

Also if you get minors to sell your weed... 14 years in jail.. not up to either.

4 plants per household not per adult per household.

Us medicinal users may get screwed next year as they may just tell us to buy from a retail place or only grow 4 plants.

I say we may and if so i will be filing a class action lawsuit.

They not want weed in minors hands.. but if a minor has a couple grams only on them itd a Fine ... over 2 will be probation and/or jail depends on the amount they have on them.

Us medicinal users have storage limits... Recreational as of whati read so far has none.. i for one will be talking to my Local MP about that BS.

Us medicinal users maybe allowed to grow our normal plant amount plus 4 plants recreational... or i bet they screw us and say if your growing recreational that 4 counts towards ur medicinal... if so thats another lawsuit.. for us.

Anyways we will see what happens next year.

Jesus, find the bill and read it.

Up to a maximum of...
Just like virtually EVERY law we have.

30 grams carry, 4 plants per residence.

Anyone bitching about this needs to give their head a shake.

Off the top of my head minors won't be charged for up to 5g, if I recall. I can't be fucked to look it up again.

This is all good news. Don't sell weed to kids and shut the front door.

Back
Top Bottom