Canada's New Cannabis Law

I find it a lil funny, don't sell to minors bahahaha. Most minors I know grow their own or get it from family or friends (who r minors) or atleast around their same age. None of this will keep pot out of minors hands just like alcohol. If they want it their Gona get it no matter what :/ personally I'd rather see my child smoke pot instead of drinking or smoking cig's. They Gona do it anyways. Oh 1 last thing it would scare most people if they realized just how many minors r into script pills for rec use. This should be a bigger concern to health Canada an as a former pill addict I know first hand how bad this is :(

They want to be seen, by whoever- the mythical Joe Canada and family out there who actually believes in this sort of shit?, that they're going to be 'tough on crime' and 'keep it out of the hands of the children'. They have to do that for the sake of 'public perception ' so they can move forward and get the ca$h. Most of us know how well their control attempts have worked so far. I think most people must know minors that smoke, and parents that let their kids smoke. Every high school in the land is chock full of stoners and always has been. Are they somehow going to start to enforce what they've absolutely failed to enforce from the beginning? Throw parents in jail for 14 years?
14 years is a long time!!!
It's not even an option. It's a bunch of posturing and the RCMP will continue to make token arrests while reality moves onwards as usual., which is why I'll stick with reality. :passitleft:

Can you post some of the nitty gritty of your licence requirements npstrs? What rules do you have to follow to comply, and are you subject to regular inspections, etc?

Well if you have a new license under the ACMPR which was put into effect august 2016. On the license it tells you your storage limit, and max number of plants, expiry. So i have 2 grams per day, so that gives me 10 plants and a total storage of 450 grams in storage. I can carry my 60 grams per day, 30 times my daily limit on my person. You are not guaranteed to be inspected, but they have the right to inspect at any time under the ACMPR. I started a grow thread, and seeing as you are a pro weasel, Im sure you could help me out along the way for support and some good tips. i am just waiting on my new pots and nutes and everything to arrive today. My mom is coming up and bringing it all up. Ill keep everyone updated if ever i have an inspection or anything but as long as i follow the ACMPR, it has all the rules on there so i just read that and make sure i follow it. I have it indoors in the house, in its own room. This room is locked and only i can get in it so its pretty safe there. storage will also be in there also, as well as drying its a 7 by 7 room will have 2 rooms 3.5 foot by 4 feet and i can expand if i have to.

any other questions feel free to ask.

I guess what I meant is regardless if I grew and had my papers in the mail - legal documents and medical license, no convictions and just waiting I doubt they would charge you in the intern and put you in jail.
Plus tried 7 months ago but my company national access cannabis who helps me gave me the wrong document so came back.
Because of them I've spent my medical $$ towards equipment with enough supply for 5 months.
I'm sure I'll be okay :)

Hi All,

I thought this might be of interest. What is not stated, but I think is interesting, is that Toronto Cops travelled across the country to bust the Emery's and shut down Cannabis Culture. To me it is interesting that ex Toronto police chief Bill Blair is the point man on this file, and it is his old police force that executed the warrants against the Emery's when other police forces would not. It pisses me off that Toronto Cops came into my city to execute their agenda, while the local cops had better things to do. I'm with Jodie Emery on this. What do you folks think? Here is the link.

Emery: The Liberals have lied – their pot plan is not legalization | Ottawa Citizen

Peace. :peace:

Shes not wrong. Whats becoming legal is being able to smoke in public which is something most people have been able to do for years anyways, possession has always been an issue but if you weren't blatant there were no problems. Having it be in control of just a handful of companies is unfortunate even though it was inevitable but I was hoping there would be more caveats for hobby/small time growers who do under 100 plants. It shouldn't be treated more harshly than alcohol or tobacco if we're comparing them on actual danger levels for use. It's not fair and they shouldn't call it legalization if I end up in prison for 14 years for having 50 plants because I felt like it and didn't sell a single gram. My dad can brew enough alcohol to kill a man every day but I won't be able to have more than 4 small plants at any one time.

My biggest disappointment is the LP system which was brought about by Harper but somehow the Liberals have embraced an utterly broken system. It's just another sign of Canadian business being held to a different standard than the common citizen and allowing it to have absolute control much like our media, isps, telecom, alcohol, etc industries have in their areas. It's low level corruption that Canadians seem to tolerate. So this fight is far from over and it's going to take a long time for it to get to where it should be.

That's what I hope more than anything-that the fight won't fizzle on the doorstep of this so called legalization. We've fought against this shit for a long time, and it is us, cannabis users, who have forced it this far. We are unstoppable if we keep pushing, and don't get bought out by a few expensive scraps.
By the way I quickly googled that 14 year thing and it's a maximum, which the minister, rather defensively, said would rarely ever be applied.

Under the making healthier choices act. There are rules for smoking in public. This also includes at the moment medical cannabis. It was the only exception was you were allowed to vaporize anywhere literally, even in restaurants. However they overruled that and you are not allowed to vape your medical cannabis near schools, daycaresa and other places. It also states if there is a no smoking by law or no smoking zones then they also apply to medical cannabis. If you are walking down the road and it isnt a no smoking zone you are free to light one up and keep going. The new legislation will allow provinces and cities to decide their own guidelines on where it can and cant be smoked just like cigarettes

Hi All,

I thought this might be of interest. What is not stated, but I think is interesting, is that Toronto Cops travelled across the country to bust the Emery's and shut down Cannabis Culture. To me it is interesting that ex Toronto police chief Bill Blair is the point man on this file, and it is his old police force that executed the warrants against the Emery's when other police forces would not. It pisses me off that Toronto Cops came into my city to execute their agenda, while the local cops had better things to do. I'm with Jodie Emery on this. What do you folks think? Here is the link.

Emery: The Liberals have lied — their pot plan is not legalization | Ottawa Citizen

Peace. :peace:

I don't get why people put this emery on a pedastal.....he has blatant scam websites out there.His name can be traced back to so many scam sites that have been scamming for years off the internet....prince of pot my ass...nothing but a scam artist in my eyes

Considering emery was the first Canadian to be charged with trafficking marijuana in the form of seeds an fought it through the courts I'd say he's a mj hero. Standing up an spitting it the face of the man! He was one of the first if not the first to start selling Seeds nation wide. An just cause people use his name for running scams don't mean he actually had any part of it (not saying he didn't) but u don't know that an neither do I. Peekseeds is a very good seed bank yet there is a scam site using their good name to scam people buying seeds just as an example. Another example is people using my mobile carriers name to run scams to get ur banking info. My carrier has nothing to do with it. Just cause u see it on the internet DOES NOT make it fact :(

Considering emery was the first Canadian to be charged with trafficking marijuana in the form of seeds an fought it through the courts I'd say he's a mj hero. Standing up an spitting it the face of the man! He was one of the first if not the first to start selling Seeds nation wide. An just cause people use his name for running scams don't mean he actually had any part of it (not saying he didn't) but u don't know that an neither do I. Peekseeds is a very good seed bank yet there is a scam site using their good name to scam people buying seeds just as an example. Another example is people using my mobile carriers name to run scams to get ur banking info. My carrier has nothing to do with it. Just cause u see it on the internet DOES NOT make it fact :(

Show me someone that buys from emery seeds ......show me a emery seeds grow....never seen one why because the site is a scam along with many more....how did he foot the bill on his court costs....surely not selling 50,000 dollar so called and claimed plants that come back every year....go look at his site...its so full of bullshit claims its funny....believe what you want the fact remains his name is on a lot of shady shit!

Well last week i finally got my grow licence.

Just over 3.5 months waiting.

Now i am waiting for doctors appointment to put a renewal in as HC made me wait so long..the licence expires july this year.. what a crock of shit.. the licence goes by the date the doctor signed the medical document and not by the day HC sends you it... anothrr crock of shit.

Go read up on the man himself. He's done more for the pot scene in canada then anyone. At his own financial costs. He's been raided fined thrown in jail only to get out an open up shop once more over an over again. He was even expidited to the states for a 5 year prison term for selling seeds to the states :/ An I believe he sold the seed company but Iam not 100% on that. But that would explain the bs on the seed site. An yes back about 20yrs ago a good friend bought seeds from him an they were great great. So believe what u want but to me an many others he is an always will be the prince of pot. I for one appreciate all the bs he went through for our benifits.

Go read up on the man himself. He's done more for the pot scene in canada then anyone. At his own financial costs. He's been raided fined thrown in jail only to get out an open up shop once more over an over again. He was even expidited to the states for a 5 year prison term for selling seeds to the states :/ An I believe he sold the seed company but Iam not 100% on that. But that would explain the bs on the seed site. An yes back about 20yrs ago a good friend bought seeds from him an they were great great. So believe what u want but to me an many others he is an always will be the prince of pot. I for one appreciate all the bs he went through for our benifits.

If i sold my seed company i want my name off there no?

Back
Top Bottom