Canadian LP'S experience

Hi All,

Interesting article on Uruguay's legalization on The Washington Post's website. Go to Washington Post and search their sight for Uruguay. The article is called "In Uruguay's marijuana experiment, the government is your pot dealer".

I suggest people look at it and tell me if you think its good journalism. Does using slang words help or hinder our cause? I think the slang terms used for cannabis undermine the ideas presented. I think this is no more obvious than the sentence, "Pot has been legalized for recreational or medical use in more than half of U.S. states and the District of Columbia, but it remains essentially prohibited under federal law".

Changing pot to cannabis in the above sentence transforms the sentence to talk about legal issues. No longer does the sentence contain a derisive slang loaded with contempt. And I'm sure we have all seen that contempt.

As I have said before, it is how we conduct ourselves with those outside our cannabis circle that is important. Re-enforcing their stereotypes by letting them dictate the language used (potheads, stoners, fakers, pot, weed, lazy, no good addicts and on and on...), doesn't help the cause.

Amongst friends the language doesn't matter much. When out in public I tend to slip into the old terms out of habit. So I'm trying to use cannabis all the time (pun intended) so I don't falter.

Peace. :peace:

Medically i use cannabis it does change the conversation compared to pot or weed because there are always stereotypes that come with these words

Hi All,

Speaking of language, while re-reading the WP Uruguay article it occurred to me that Uruguay is the first country to RE-LEGALIZE cannabis.

I need that on a T-shirt!

Peace. :peace:

There have been a few documentaries that have talked about their law concerning cannabis. I believe decriminalizing cannabis was the first step. I know the full run out of the legalization seems to be slow. We shall see what the new year holds for us patients.

My experience with LPs, as a first time medical user has been horrendous! I am talking about getting the relief that I need and know works 100% yet having to wait weeks, if not months, for some inferior product!

I just wanna grow my own but the process seems daunting. Same with the medical card. What a joke! All in all, it is cheaper and easier to get what I need illegally, so what good is all of this legislation?

I don't mean to be pessimistic but the current medical system does not work so I don't have hope that the 2018 legalization will be any better!

Growing my medicine should not be any different than making home made wine. Heck, Cannabis is safer than alcohol in the first place.

I don't have to explain to my neighbours what's brewing in the vat and then have them over for dinner to imbibe of the same without even batting and eyelash.

As a responsible parent, I am not going to expose my kids unless medically necessary. Heck, I have given my kids wine and beer when they were little and none of them had problems with alcohol!

My experience with LPs, as a first time medical user has been horrendous! I am talking about getting the relief that I need and know works 100% yet having to wait weeks, if not months, for some inferior product!

I just wanna grow my own but the process seems daunting. Same with the medical card. What a joke! All in all, it is cheaper and easier to get what I need illegally, so what good is all of this legislation?

I feel your pain Micru. The Lyin' Liberal government does not care that you have pain. The only thing the Government wants is to tax the hell out this wonderful medicine. Grow your own to avoid the pesticide laden commercial stuff.
Happy growing,
:volcano-smiley:

I have to say that my experience was ultra smooth. I had my app't at the clinic this Tuesday afternoon - no doctor's cert btw. I was diagnosed for 2gr per day. I do have a solid history of pain & I ain't young. I admitted to self-dosing with dispensary product to eliminate opiates - which is all true.

I received my 1st shipment from Tweed today. So, that was 3 days . . .

But . . . the doc put me off for several months before he will sign a med cert for the grow license . . .

Hi All,

I jJust read a New York Times article that says "a gram of weed costs Canopy Growth Corporation, the country’s largest marijuana company, $2.30 to produce, according to the company’s recent financial statements...".

Peace.:peace:

And that is a good reason to invest in the bastards! Not real money, of course but some play cash. I own both APH & WEED stocks & I am long on both for the next 10 months . . .

And that is a good reason to invest in the bastards! Not real money, of course but some play cash. I own both APH & WEED stocks & I am long on both for the next 10 months . . .

There's always money to be made in that regard but this is about our own supply. Everyone should be hopping on the growing bandwagon. It's more economical & safe from all the recalls that come out every few months.

Family member was speaking to someone very involved in setting up and operating a Licensed Producer company. It seems the Liberal government is accelerating approvals allowing companies to get to the status of products for sale much more quickly. Health Canada site confirms several approval in recent weeks.

There is a concern that without these measures, there will not be adequate supply available to support the Recreational Market. Lessons learned from other jurisdictions worldwide perhaps.

Makes me wonder if the only source of legal cannabis products will be through Licensed Producers.

Has anyone seen any 'official' documentation describing by who and how recpot will be sold?

I know there is lots of speculation and just a whole bunch of dispensary owners counting on being part of all that.

My pessimistic brain says it's all going to be a gong show. My optimistic brain says who cares - I'll be set up for growing my own 5 star cannabis by then.

Makes me wonder if the only source of legal cannabis products will be through Licensed Producers.

That is a yes, imho. At least federally. They might allow the provinces to self-determine eventually but I would expect this will not be the case on turn on day.

We have been discussing it over in Medical Marijuana: Fellow Canadians - So What's The Deal With Dispensaries?
My premise: They will shutter all unlicensed dispensaries. One coordinated raid across the country & boom. Of course, they might extend an olive branch: shut voluntarily by this date & we will put you on the 'good' list of applicants.

They will press the on button & the LPs can have their retail sites up & running in hours if given a green light. Who knows if the provinces can get their acts together to actually have licensed physical stores in place in time. But the LPs can & they (and their investors) are drooling for it.

Oh . . . and back on topic . . .

I received order # 1 from Tweed. 2 x ¼ filled jars of 2 different strains. Both jars were stuffed with parchment paper so they wouldn’t rattle. Both strains were bone dry. Close to a Sahara desert dry but both still had a slight stickiness to keep the buds from turning to dust. I don’t consider this fresh weed. In a dispensary, I would refuse it. Both strains worked as advertised – Palm Tree CBD & Sun-Grown Sour Kush. Nice smell & taste vaping.

palm-tree-CBD-tweed.jpg

^^ Palm Tree CBD - Leafs by Snoop

sun-grown_sour_kush-tweed.jpg

^^ Sun-Grown Sour Kush - DNA Genetics

Both of the above are now out of stock.

I will be dumping Tweed & splitting my script between Broken Coast (probably) + somebody else. The Green Organic Dutchman just got their retail license & their strain list looks great.

Like most here, my goal is to grow my own.

That is a yes, imho. At least federally. They might allow the provinces to self-determine eventually but I would expect this will not be the case on turn on day.

We have been discussing it over in Medical Marijuana: Fellow Canadians - So What's The Deal With Dispensaries?
My premise: They will shutter all unlicensed dispensaries. One coordinated raid across the country & boom. Of course, they might extend an olive branch: shut voluntarily by this date & we will put you on the 'good' list of applicants.

They will press the on button & the LPs can have their retail sites up & running in hours if given a green light. Who knows if the provinces can get their acts together to actually have licensed physical stores in place in time. But the LPs can & they (and their investors) are drooling for it.

Hi All,

My reading of the Cannabis Act says that LPs are going to be the only source. That includes the provinces. So cannabis is to be sourced through legal production only, whether that is you in your house/back yard or the LPs, there are no provisions for other sources.

I expect a court challenge to allow boutique/niche cannabis growers a space in the market. I expect that those growers would still have to conform to LP standards. The battle over Dispensaries will be much tougher. The Act says "they may sell only cannabis that has been produced by a person that is authorized under this Act to produce cannabis for commercial purposes;". That means you can't sell your personal 4 plants to a Dispensary.

This Cannabis Act is Prohibition 2.0, herding the masses into the clutches of the LPs. It will put a dent into the black market, but the Liberals stated goal of getting organized crime out of the cannabis trade won't happen until the price drops substantially. Canopy Growth's cost per gram is reportedly $2.30. Selling at $10.00 per gram is quite a handsome profit. Maybe even criminal...

Thanks for the link!

Peace.:peace:

What is considered the norm for moisture content in a bud? I dont want to be buying expensive water. When sold by weight, less water sounds good.

Is there a problem with them being as dry as they are? Back in the day we left plants hanging in a shed until they were needed.

Oh . . . and back on topic . . .

I received order # 1 from Tweed. 2 x ¼ filled jars of 2 different strains. Both jars were stuffed with parchment paper so they wouldn’t rattle. Both strains were bone dry. Close to a Sahara desert dry but both still had a slight stickiness to keep the buds from turning to dust. I don’t consider this fresh weed. In a dispensary, I would refuse it. Both strains worked as advertised – Palm Tree CBD & Sun-Grown Sour Kush. Nice smell & taste vaping.

palm-tree-CBD-tweed.jpg

^^ Palm Tree CBD - Leafs by Snoop

sun-grown_sour_kush-tweed.jpg

^^ Sun-Grown Sour Kush - DNA Genetics

Both of the above are now out of stock.

I will be dumping Tweed & splitting my script between Broken Coast (probably) + somebody else. The Green Organic Dutchman just got their retail license & their strain list looks great.

Like most here, my goal is to grow my own.

A very good point.

I have always found that the drier it gets, the harsher it gets. I agree that it should be properly cured but for premium bud, you expect a bit of life & not a bud you pick up & it starts to disintegrate.

What is the standard out there? My only point of comparison is dispensary product - which is never as dry as I what I got from Tweed.

Back
Top Bottom