Canna butter trimming to butter ratio

420liam420

i'm looking for a good recipe for making canna butter from trimming and leaves. what is the ratio weed to butter? i can't find a single decent recipe that uses trimmings and grams, i'd rather shoot myself than figure out what a retarded outdated measurement like "1 cup" is

Oz a pound is a good general rule . I usually use no less than 100g per 3 pounds clarified unsalted butter
so if i have 300g of trimmings that's about 9 pounds of butter correct? can you recommend me a recipe? i'd like to extract all the thc i can from these trimmings.

also, can i use margarine or fat instead of butter? should work just as well right?

there are a lot of carrier oils. some work better than others.

sugar leaf might be worth going after. there's so little left on everything else you could extract 100% and wind up with nothing worth your effort.

I would stick with tried and true clarified unsalted butter .
the end product is all about the starting product,
. If you are trying to infuse weak garbage, you will end up with weak garbage.

lots of methods out there. I personally use a magic butter machine .
good luck

3-4gm/pound of unsalted butter. Let the canna soak with butter in a small crock pot for 3 hrs. Then strain in thru cheese cloth into a container to frig or freeze it. Learned this from a book and a friend who has made butter for me. Enclosed is a foto of cuttings she used to make butter two weeks ago.
FABA8237-5801-4DAB-9B0D-75D0EEF41142.png

there are a lot of carrier oils. some work better than others.

sugar leaf might be worth going after. there's so little left on everything else you could extract 100% and wind up with nothing worth your effort.
honestly 3 pounds to 100g sounds like a lot of butter! will it reduce? i want to end up with 50-100 grams of final product. i have about 200g of leaves

3-4gm/pound of unsalted butter. Let the canna soak with butter in a small crock pot for 3 hrs. Then strain in thru cheese cloth into a container to frig or freeze it. Learned this from a book and a friend who has made butter for me. Enclosed is a foto of cuttings she used to make butter two weeks ago.
FABA8237-5801-4DAB-9B0D-75D0EEF41142.png
i don't have a crock pot so ill first put the weed in the oven to decarb the weed. how much final produt do you end up with from 100g of trimmings? and is it potent?

Well 3 pound to 100g ( my twice a year receipe) is what I use and yes, it would yield 3 pounds of infused butter haha
If you want one pound than use one pound of butter And a zip .!? a general ratio for strength affect, for me , and my trim is an oz per pound ( minimum) because I use trim .. if I was using quality bud I may half that ratio .. but I would t make butter , with quality bud .
. a pound meaning a like a block , I think it’s like 2 cups in a block?
Im too dabbed to continue respectful dialogue. Haha
good luck !!!

Well 3 pound to 100g ( my twice a year receipe) is what I use and yes, it would yield 3 pounds of infused butter haha
If you want one pound than use one pound of butter And a zip .!? a general ratio for strength affect, for me , and my trim is an oz per pound ( minimum) because I use trim .. if I was using quality bud I may half that ratio .. but I would t make butter , with quality bud .
. a pound meaning a like a block , I think it’s like 2 cups in a block?
Im too dabbed to continue respectful dialogue. Haha
good luck !!!
wtf! that sounds like fuck ton of butter, i tho the butter would reduce to like 300g or smth. i'll use 500g of butter with 200g of weed

You will sleep for days - well, i guess it depends on if it’s quality trim or not . that’s a heavy dose
The butter does not ‘ reduce’. - you clarify the butter BEFORE TOU INFUSE IT
Google ‘ how to clarify butter’
You are infusing the butter. You will end up with , whatever you start with essentially .

Leaves are a waste of time.
3 pounds of butter is about 6 batches of cookies.nightly medicated Dessert .
You sound like you got it figured out
have fun

We did some brownies the other day with butter plus added some leaves & buds sprinkled in. Adds some kick. Just takes a couple of hours to feel it.

You will sleep for days - well, i guess it depends on if it’s quality trim or not . that’s a heavy dose
You are infusing the butter. You will end up with , whatever you start with essentially .

have fun
ok thanks man! i just finished making the butter! now it's in the fridge, so hyped to try it out, i used 250g of butter and 250 grams of trimmings

have fun
idk maybe i have good tolerance with edibles, i only took edibles twice in my life, i've only started smoking often the last 2 months, i smoke every evening around 0,5 grams of weed. before i smoked like once per month. i made a etable with 1g of weed (roughly 1000mg of thc) i made firecrackers, and it was a hella of a trip, still not as strong as the first time i smoked a joint in my life lol.

Your 1 gram (which is equal to 1000 mg) of weed wouldn't be 1000 mg of THC. That would make the weed 100% THC, which it most definitely isn't. Probably more like 180 mg if your weed is 18% THC. That is, unless I've misunderstood math.

i don't have a crock pot so ill first put the weed in the oven to decarb the weed. how much final produt do you end up with from 100g of trimmings? and is it potent?
As some other member just said to you, DON"T use the leaves. i yank the leaves off when i'm ready to hang, then anything else trimmed, can be used for butter. if i use bud, I go with one z per lb. of butter. if i'm using trim (only sugar leaves) then 3 zs per lb of butter. And I've never used anything but unsalted butter. my other suggestion is 1 tablespoon of

Soy lecithin. It will make your butter way more potent !​

One more thing' adding water will help filter the impurity's out and eliminate that cannabis taste . I use a double boiler and for about 4-5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom