Cannabis Recipe Thread

Okay, all you math magicians, I made cannabutter yesterday. I infused half a pound of butter with 43 grams of bud. I'm planning on making shortbread cookies with it and I've halving the recipe I have because I really don't need 48 infused cookies. o_O Hence, the reason I'm only using half a pound of butter rather than the full pound because I've halving the recipe. I infused 43 grams of flower because when I make oil for my capsules, I infuse 20g in half a cup and since half a pound is one cup, I was planning on just infusing 40 grams of the Big Devil XL but there was only 43 grams left in the jar so I used the whole amount.

So, my end recipe should be 24 shortbread cookies using 43 grams of flower in half a pound (1 cup) of butter.

What I would like to know is how many mg of THC (How strong?) each cookie will have, please and thank you? :Rasta:And, if the end amount of infused butter after straining (By the way, what's the best way to strain bud from butter?) is less than what I started with, if I add more uninfused butter, will that affect the potency per cookie?

thanks-in-advance.jpg

Okay, all you math magicians, I made cannabutter yesterday. I infused half a pound of butter with 43 grams of bud. I'm planning on making shortbread cookies with it and I've halving the recipe I have because I really don't need 48 infused cookies. o_O Hence, the reason I'm only using half a pound of butter rather than the full pound because I've halving the recipe. I infused 43 grams of flower because when I make oil for my capsules, I infuse 20g in half a cup and since half a pound is one cup, I was planning on just infusing 40 grams of the Big Devil XL but there was only 43 grams left in the jar so I used the whole amount.

So, my end recipe should be 24 shortbread cookies using 43 grams of flower in half a pound (1 cup) of butter.

What I would like to know is how many mg of THC (How strong?) each cookie will have, please and thank you? :Rasta:And, if the end amount of infused butter after straining (By the way, what's the best way to strain bud from butter?) is less than what I started with, if I add more uninfused butter, will that affect the potency per cookie?

thanks-in-advance.jpg
Assuming your THC contains 15% percentage.

43 grams X 15% Dividend by 24 = 161.3 MG.
21.5 grams X 15% Dividend by 24 = 80.6 MG.

ofcourse unless you actually know for sure the real THC content, we are only assuming.

I would Google "Cannabis thc calculator" to help assist with rough doseing.

Assuming your THC contains 15% percentage.

43 grams X 15% Dividend by 24 = 161.3 MG.
21.5 grams X 15% Dividend by 24 = 80.6 MG.

ofcourse unless you actually know for sure the real THC content, we are only assuming.

I would Google "Cannabis thc calculator" to help assist with rough dosing.

I just use the seat off my pants testing method. I think 43 gm into 24 cookies would be a good strength for me . I used to use 35gm bud into 1 cup of oil. That would make 24 brownies. So you have another 7gm of bud. I would only eat one for starters. Oh ya shortbread are my favorite!

Thanks, guys. I like making shortbread because it's basically just flour and butter. I lost about 1/4 cup of the infused butter. If I add 1/4 cup of un-infused butter to make up the shortfall, will that affect the numbers at all?

I am not good at that. I would just eat one and test it.

It actually might be better if they're weaker. The original recipe called for 48 cookies but I halved it and was planning on making 24 cookies but Felonious and I were crunching the numbers earlier and 22 cookies would actually make them closer to the amount of THC I need to get high so that's what I was planning on doing but maybe the addition of the extra 1/4 cup of un-infused butter will make

I can't think right now as I'm tired and high but I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. I don't think I'm making them until Wednesday as I'm hoping to clean tomorrow.

20201119_101224.jpg
20201119_101257.jpg

Well I'm back at it. . Decarbed 2 OZ in the oven today, 240f for 40mins. As the jars cool down they self seal so I don't have to worrie about smell or storage... Gonna use 1oz for Canna Honey and the other for Canna chocolate... will post here when done, likly this weekend.

I see you have an instant pot you can decarb in that instead of the oven or you can decarb and infuse at the same time in the instapot.
I was going to but my jars wouldn't fit with the lid on Haha. Oven worked just as well.

4hr bath after the decarb... Made CannaHoney in the bear = 1oz buds. and 1oz buds in half a block of butter...

Next time I'll buy more cheesecloth, I didn't this time, just strained at the end = messy sticky fun. Probably lost more then expected.

20201119_190359.jpg
20201119_185944.jpg
20201119_185950.jpg

Did you just cover the flower with the honey and let it infuse for awhile the way you would with oil?
This is my first time using honey and cannabis together, so: Of course I decarbed the flower first..

Yes. Exatly, i poured the honey over the decarbed weed and gave it a hot bath for 4hrs... (under 200f)

Lost a bunch of honey probably cause I didn't use cheesecloth, I did start with the whole bottle. AMAZINGLY it tastes like honey only, smells like weed tho Haha.

This is my first time using honey and cannabis together, so: Of course I decarbed the flower first..

Yes. Exatly, i poured the honey over the decarbed weed and gave it a hot bath for 4hrs... (under 200f)

Lost a bunch of honey probably cause I didn't use cheesecloth, I did start with the whole bottle. AMAZINGLY it tastes like honey only, smells like weed tho Haha.

What's the serving size and how high is your infusion?

Here's the recipe I used for my bacon fat caramels.

1 1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. corn syrup
2 T. butter
2 T. bacon fat
1 T. vanilla
1 c. cream

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil, set in on a trivet somewhere you can easily reach to pour a boiling hot concoction safely.

Combine the water sugar and corn syrup in a large saucepan. (Yes it needs to be a large pan, the mixture will get quite frothy later and you don't want it to boil over.) Clip your candy thermometer on the side of the pan and set it on med-high heat. Don't stir at this point.

As the sugar mixture boils it will become completely clear and start yellowing. When it reaches 300°f remove from heat and quickly add the butter and bacon fat with the cream being last. Once the cream hits it will begin frothing so whisk rapidly to ensure everything is mixed well. Return to heat and continue boiling. The mixture will continue to darken as you heat it, when it reaches 245-250°f add the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Mix.

Pour the caramel onto your oiled paper and leave to cool overnight. It's obviously very hot at this point so be careful. Use pot holders if you need to.

After it has cooled you can cut it into strips/squares and roll it up in wax paper. Should be good for a few weeks if you can keep yourself from eating them all before that.
most interesting recipe I’ve seen yet! thank you for sharing. No need to de carb in oven prior!

Dark Chocolate Recipe
Indgrents:

50 grams of unsalted butter (1/4 inch thick slice block of butter)

of course if making cannabis edibles use cannabutter....

3 Tablespoons of Coco Powder
4 Tablespoon of Iceing Sugar (1/4 cup)

(If making Milk Chocolate, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of Powdered Milk 1% or 2%)

How;

Use Double boiler method (pot of boiler water with metal bowl on top)

Melt butter on low heat first untill its liquid, then add sugar and stir untill smooth and liquid, then add coco powder and stir until liquid and smooth (2 to 5mins ) ...

Result is Dark Chocolate....
Enjoy.
20201126_101351.jpg
20201126_101429.jpg
20201126_101257.jpg
20201126_101229.jpg

Back
Top Bottom