CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

(First post here!)

I made a batch of noodles and added finely chopped up bud. Ate the lot and waited and waited and fell asleep, slightly cheesed off that it didn't work. Boy was I wrong! Middle of the night I woke up baked out of my skull. That was the good part. The bad part was I was high as a kite and sleepy as hell, not a good combination at all. Spent the whole night tossing and turning in bed, and woke up the next day, wiser from the experience. Now I only do this at least 5 hours before I go to sleep. The high lasts much longer and comes in waves for me. We get pretty bad quality stuff in this part of the world, but this method makes the stuff a lot better than it has a right to be.

Hey Hash. Thank you for the easy Cannabutter Recipe. I made the cannabutter last night and today when I woke up my butter was ready for its own container. I'm going to be making some brownies later this evening. This is going to make an excellent Friday Night. Thanks Hash.

does it matter how much water you use? i mean its obviously easier the less water you use, but some one told me that its better to have to much water than too little water so you dont burn the thc.

Also should i be covering the pot while its simmering? i feel like that might speed up the process and also would allow less of the thc to escape/evaporate.

I just got done making my first Cannabutter. Thanks for the easy steps. I decided to use my crockpot to make the butter. I turned it on high and checked the tempature every time I stirred it. The tempature never got higher than 175 degrees F. I let it cook about 4 hours, strained it with cheesecloth, put it in the fridge. Woke up the next morning and it was all separated out. Poured the excess water on my pepper plants outside (who knows maybe they will be giant peppers shortly!) and am making brownies from a store bought cake mix as I type. A couple questions:

I've read most of the posts and some of them say the longer you cook it the less strong marijuana taste you get. Some say the shorter you cook it the less strong taste it is. Which is correct?

Some posts say cook it for 30 minutes others as much as 24 hours to get the most thc in the butter. Which is correct?

Again thanks for the directions. It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Specially using the crock pot. I will let everyone know how the brownies came out.

I make edibles as a side business for med MJ patients. Being a culinary professional its not just work its fun. Just made the most delicious chocolate cupcakes. This is a great teaching tool for new bakers and makers. Thanks for helping us all out.

I wanted to give you my sincere thanks for this recipe.

I'm taking care of my mother who has an incurable form of cancer and live in a state where medical cannabis is not legal. She's tried all the high dollar meds for nausea and poor appetite. She's finally agreed to give this a try.

I've worked with patients in states where it's legal and seen it work much better than prescription drugs.

btw, yes, I got pretty stoned cooking this up!

2 things i'd like to bring up is reduction and wearing gloves.

put enough water this will reduce.

also were gloves the butter will soak into your hands and you will get wasted. lol

I know this has been asked before but what kind of weed did you use ? And what do you reccommend ? Reggie , goodie , OG Kush , Granddaddy Purp ? If you could add it to the first post it would prolly help a lotta people

Wow. I used 35 grams of grade B sinsemilla and 2 sticks of butter (half a pound), simmered for 5 hours, ended up with just over 200 grams of cannabutter, used it to make a big batch of brownies, got 40 brownies, which means each one had about 5 grams of butter in it . . . one brownie goofed me up thoroughly, I am 180 lbs and a pretty heavy smoker. THANK YOU for an excellent tutorial.

AWESOME! I followed this recipe EXACTLY using WonderWoman clippings to 4 sticks butter.

IT LOOKS AWESOME!...i have 2 boxes of brownie mix at the ready...

A question tho...should i cut the brownies in 2" squares? I am thinking of eating half first to see the potency, yeah?

Hey, I found you thru a simple search...damn glad i did!

Being a 32+ month cancer survivor, I TRUELY appreciate this info! THANKS AGAIN! Peace

It took me a while to read through all the comments and I got to tell ya, all those posts and comments was great and very informative....

One of the things I have notice is there was a few concerns about baking with cannabutter. Most notable was cooking the eatables with too high of heat. I do have an option for those who are scared of burning their delightful teats, especially the bottoms of the eatables where there is some THC there, like, in Cookies and Brownies..

With most baking recipes, temperatures can exceed over 350 degrees. My solution is, instead of baking your eatables, try using a Pressure Cooker. The reason for using a Pressure Cooker is, the steam which is created in the cooker, only gets to be about 250 degrees. So, No burnt edges that can kill the THC which lies on the outer edges of your eatables.

I suppose now your saying to yourself, How can I cook My Brownies in a Pressure Cooker? Well, there are a lot of How to's on Youtube and many recipe sites that deal with Pressure Cooking Recipes. My Favorite pressure cooked eatable is Brownies. They come out really moist and Delicious.

For those of you thinking, I think a Pressure Cooker will let the THC float away with the steam... This is Not so. Steam is a byproduct of water and THC does not stick to water solubles.

So, cooking your baked goods in a Pressure Cooker is a Win-Win... No burning the bottom of your eatables and no cooking with extreme high heat...

I hope this has given some of the "Herb Chefs" another interesting way of cooking with cannabutter.. :popcorn:

pressure cooker, huh? The science is there...lol...
I JUST baked some cookie/brownies using this recipe...and...temperature IS VERY important!
The mix I used stated in directions for "325degrees for about 50 minutes" (varies on dimensions of baking pan) ANYWAY...I have a convection oven, which seems to cook things faster...much to my surprise upon checking the brownies...after 18 minutes or so, the edges started to burn! ...'first batch blues' here! ...but...
Using a 7" x 11" pan, i got about 24/2" squares...

...as you can prolly tell by now...i ate just 1 brownie (w/burnt edge)...
...about an hour later...SHA-BOOM! lol ...that lil brownie square with a lil burnt edge GOOFED ME RIGHT UP! (as I write...lol)
...my pain is about 90% LESS...and a sweet STONE to make things interesting, yeah?
:thanks: ...for this recipe for Cannabutter! ...wow...dont wanna drive on this!
PEACE

Thanks for such an awesome demonstration hash, I will defo be trying this today :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom