CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

Thank you for posting this butter making process step by step with pics-I am testing this out over the weekend and look forward to Testing and sharing my results-thanks again, be well...

CannaButter: One ounce of bud or 2-4 oz trim/shake to one pound "real" unsalted butter or if you like you can substitute "Butter Ghee" which has a much higher fat content and works awesome.

Boil 1 pound butter or ghee with at least 4 cups water

reduce heat or move to crock pot and add one ounce ground bud or 2 to 4 ounces ground trim/shake

heat for 4-8 hours at NO MORE THEN 200 degrees F. any higher temps will destroy THC and CBD's stirring occasionally

remove from heat and strain through cheesecloth into glass bowl , PLACE IN FRIDGE overnight

take out of fridge in morning and mixture will be separated, pour off green water and cut butter up for storage in fridge.

NOW YOU HAVE CANNABUTTER !!!! works GREAT for Brownies, Cookies or anything thing else you desire.

****NOTE**** Keep Cooking Temps for Brownies and Cookies at NO MORE then 340 F for best results. We Cook at 300 F and add 15 to 25 minutes to cooking times.

WISH I HAD SEEN THIs! before i started my own. did it without the water with 4 sticks of butter and a ton of vaporized bud 3 grams of fresh buds, like 10 grams of trimmings/shake/stems. been cooking it for about 24 hours, going to try and strain/cool it and make some cupcakes soon. i hope it worked out well. my dog had about a teaspoon of the butter about 6 hours ago and it put him down pretty hard. so fingers crossed! ty for the post water for sure next time\

peace

I stared putting it in hamberger meat and cooking it on a low fire. Could'nt even get up from the recliner. Love it just can't over do it.

I ran across this recipe the other day and decided to make a teeny tiny batch, just to see if I would mess it up. I was patient, and made some cookies with it earlier. Me and hubby just ate 1 each, will report on results later (maybe???).

The tutorial was perfect and I manged to make mine look just like yours!!!!

What kind/ size dog?? I almost shared some with my Jack Russell but I was afraid I might hurt him. He does love him some liquor tho, so maybe he can handle it. He plays coy about us smokin' , like "oh no, don't throw me in the briar patch" but then comes back for more. I have only ever smoked, so this ingesting thing is intriguing. I would think it a little healthier tho.

yo hash i read somewhere else that you have to let it simmer on low heat for 22-24hrs before its completely soak out all the THC. is that true?

hey does your cannabutter taste alot like the mmj or is it just kind of a hint of mmj? Because I like the taste to be not too strong but I still want the high. so does it taste good?

Hi I'm new to this site basically because of this thread. I was excited to try this recipe but encountered a couple problems along the way and was trying to see if anyone could help or if I could get any kind of feedback. Everything seemed good until I was ready to strain ad I realized I didn't have cheesecloth so I left the mix on the stove with the heat off for about 20 minutes before coming back. I layered the cheesecloth 4 times like hash said and filtered it. Now heres the main part I'm worried about my friend put it in his fridge for the overnight cooling like the directions said but 14 or 15 hours later when we went to go check we realized his fridge wasn't working and was completely warm all night. Does anyone think leaving it like that for that long could ruin the thc content or the butter in anyway? It has now been in the real fridge for about ten hours and hasn't completely hardened or separated there seems to be small pieces of butter still floating in the waist water. And the last thing is although it smells like herb what has solidified doesn't look that green. Any feed back is greatly appreciated thank you

hey...
I followed the directions posted here...the 3 hour time seems to be just fine!

As for the poor results...you could try putting the whole lot back in a pan (maybe add another cup of water), heat on LOW til all budder is melted again.

Then...WITH CHEESE CLOTH READY...lol...and a working fridge...snikker...try it again.

I would tend to think 22-24hrs would be overkill...

FOLLOW THE RECIPIES PEOPLE!

CANNABUTTER_12_17_2011firstbatch.jpg

this was my first try, following posted directions...and the budder layer is clearly visable and green...and potent too!

as long as ya use good/high quality trimmings/buds...all should be good

good luck

Ya DONT want to use "fan leaves"...rather, the leaves coated with 'trichs' (the white frosting) and the 'sweet leaf' in the buds is what ya need to use. You usually get this when ya trim buds. Fan leaves (w/o trichs) are a waste of time and very little THC/CBD content. These fan leaves should be trimmed off as you grow.

With the recipe given here, a 1 pound butter/1 oz trim/bud is a good ratio.

REMEMBER...you will only get about 3/4 pound budder than what you start with (this is common)....so, I like to put about another 1/4 trimmings into 1 pound butter batch. This will give you a nice potent budder. And, usually 1 stick budder to 1 batch (3 dozen) cookies...so you can get 96 (9 dozen) 2" POTENT cookies

As for giving medible to pets...NEVER! Its very CRUEL to do that to a cat, dog whatever! they cannot understand whats happening...just DONT DO IT!

...if a person DOES feed medibles to their pets, they should be SHOT.

just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom