CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

redfacenabass said:
Whats it smell like?? is it a smell that would upset people in my house? 🤘

BTW, have you ever stuck a blunt in the microwave for a sec to tighten it up? Thats pretty much what it smells like, to me. My friend says it smells like vaped bud, which i guess smells sorta the same. Anyway, like Hash said, it doesnt really smell like weed but its a smell that someone would inquire about.

sLiCe said:
I already made my cannabutter, and it came out great, but I noticed the brownie box says to only use 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (butter) is that gonna be enough? It doesnt seem like thatd be enough THC for a whole batch of brownies.... then again ive never done this before :) Can anyone clear this up?
I'm glad you brought this up, although I could've sworn I mentioned it in the tutorial Ill say it again just in case.

Now add as much butter as you want, just even it out with more of all of the other ingredients, does that clear things up?

Hash said:
I'm glad you brought this up, although I could've sworn I mentioned it in the tutorial Ill say it again just in case.

Now add as much butter as you want, just even it out with more of all of the other ingredients, does that clear things up?

Yea I guess I shoulda read the post better, someone already asked that question and DaHui answered, sorry :) One question I did not see answered, was "Does putting it in the freezer speed up the solidifying process?"

sLiCe said:
Yea I guess I shoulda read the post better, someone already asked that question and DaHui answered, sorry :) One question I did not see answered, was "Does putting it in the freezer speed up the solidifying process?"
I wouldnt think so, In fact I wouldn't recommend it all together, remember the stuff still holds all of the properties of butter and we dont freeze that.

Hash said:
^ Indeed it was the 420th. post, And no Northern Lights, You da man!

I swear to god I get high from standing over the stove when the pot is cooking. Has anyone else noticed this?
It helped me to maintain my pleasant high while making my butter the past 3 hours. :Rasta:

It was my first time making cannabutter and I got to say that I think it turned out rather well. Cant wait for those brownies to be done in an hour! ;)

Oh Crap! I forgot to take pictures! Oh well, I guess that means I will just have to do it again! :icon_cool

MRS MV...:smokin:

If you put it in the freezer you may lose some of the THC because you wont allow time for all the water to seperate from the butter.

On a side note Hash - you can freeze regular butter or even to store it for over a year in a freezer and it will still be good. I would imagine that you could store cannabutter for a time in the freezer but i wouldnt say how long cuz I would be guessing.

sLiCe said:
BTW, have you ever stuck a blunt in the microwave for a sec to tighten it up? Thats pretty much what it smells like, to me. My friend says it smells like vaped bud, which i guess smells sorta the same. Anyway, like Hash said, it doesnt really smell like weed but its a smell that someone would inquire about.
I guess I could have read more posts before replying! LOL

It smells kinda like Parsley when cooking and I had some friends over also and if you didnt say what you were cooking you could just say herbs! But it doesnt smell like a few people smoking MJ in the same room. It had a pleasant smell. I used my fan on the stove and also a vented lid over my pot Pot so that cut it down alot also.

Hope that helps you some.

:adore: :adore:

Thank you! I was having alot of trouble explaining the smell, it was frustrating but i think you just nailed it! Great advice thanks alot for helping me out here!

Also about the freezer thing I had no idea, thanks for filling us in, that should come in handy for long storage periods!

So how did the brownies come out?

Hash said:
:adore: :adore:

Thank you! I was having alot of trouble explaining the smell, it was frustrating but i think you just nailed it! Great advice thanks alot for helping me out here!

Also about the freezer thing I had no idea, thanks for filling us in, that should come in handy for long storage periods!

So how did the brownies come out?

Mine came out awesome. I gave one to my mother in law, and she ate it one morning at work thinking it wouldnt do much, and she said she was so blitzed she had to go home early :laughtwo:

So i read the guide and id just like to say thanks. I also read all the questions and posts so I really hope I'm not reposting anything.

Me and my friends just had a few questions:

we live in BC and we cant get our hands on any Bob, and we were wondering for 4 people to get nicely stoned, how much we should use to be safe? a 1/4 ounce of really good bud would be enough? or is there a big difference between using bob and bud?

aswell would it be possible to instead of letting the butter sit in fridge if we used it right after it was cooked? or should we do that to be safe.

Were definitely newbies so any advice or tips would be appreciated and thanks writing once again.

Peace Out !

aswell would it be possible to instead of letting the butter sit in fridge if we used it right after it was cooked?

You have to let it seperate because you probably won't need that much water in whatever you're making.

Great guide though, can't wait to try this out.

What ratio should be used if you're using shake/leaf instead of bud? Never made butter before and me and my friend just acquired a pretty big bag of the stuff. So how much should I use per pound of butter?

I've also heard that it should be soaked in room temp water overnight to get the chloraphil out or whatever it is so that it doesnt taste as bad? Is this correct?

Thanks

Giving it a whirl with a shopping bag full ofleaves and trimmings from last year. Post results later.

Cooking is done...... separating it in the freezer now.....

Here's a comparison of the two methods-the simpler & faster sautee/simmer weed in butter or oil for 1/2 an hour, and the more elaborate version outlined, in which water's brought to a boil, butter & weed is tossed directly in to the water, boiled for 1-3 hours, strained. It then separates from the water upon cooling.

There are some advantages to the second method; none of the advantages are compelling IMO, given the extra effort & time. Anyone?

* The nasty shit is separated and removed from the fun shit.
* You can make stronger cannabutter than by saute-ing, because you can cook more grass in the same amount of butter, due to the extra volume of the water.
* There is no danger of burning the precious, price-inflated, hard and dangerous to obtain herb, as there is when you saute, because the water keeps the whole mixture at boiling temperature]!"

I'll try a modified version of the simpler method first-oil used for sauteeing instead of butter because of a higher tolerance to cooking temperatures, and a coffee filter used instead of cheesecloth:
Pot Brownies

Considering the potency when eaten, it seems it might be better to try using less weed than recommended to begin with in the recipes, then add more the next time if required.

Can someone tell me the purpose of the water in making the Cannabutter? If the water is just seperated later on, is the purpose to keep the butter from burning? Not sure why you wouldnt just put the herb into the butter. Let that soak up the THC and then strain without the use of the water? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mojo

Back
Top Bottom